Altera Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Intern Interview Questions

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

One Phone interview with hiring manager followed by onsite interview with panel. Onsite interview lasted for 4 hours. Process took 2 weeks. Basic fundamental questions of Electrical Engineering, digital logic were asked.

Interview Questions

• Setup time and hold time, questions about academic projects   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altera

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got phone interview invitation within one week. There were two phone interviews. The first one was from my mentor, the second one from group manager. Both phone interview covers technical problems from resume.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a former employee refer me to the company. Shortly after I received an email that set up a phone interview. In the first one I discussed which of my traits were positive and were I needed work, what suggested I'd be good for a team environment, and why'd I'd be better than someone else. The second phone interview discussed when I could start and an offer. I accepted and received an offer letter within an hour of the end of the phone call.

Interview Questions

• What experiences had I had before that would suggest I would work well in a team environment.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty nice, got around asking me general stuff and then went right to business. Both questions were on FSMs, the first was relatively easy and the second was really hard. I didn't do as well as I expected and I was never called back. A rejection email would have been nice but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the job, it wasn't for me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I did a phone interview for internship 2014. First, he asked why you want to join this company and requested a future carrier plan. Then, he went over my resume and asked technical questions about timing generation circuit. It was a basic question for operation and stability. This phone interview took about one hour. I got an offer letter after one week.

Interview Questions

• What is the stability condition for feedback circuit?   Answer Question
    • What kind of design skills do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

2 phone interview the first one discussed about some skills I have and time avaliable for this intern position the second with some technical question about hash table2 phone interview the first one discussed about some skills I have and time avaliable for this intern position the second with some technical question about hash table

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I had applied through an employee and got a call in 1 month time
    Phone Interviews-5 in total including HR interview in the end
    3 technical interviews from managers of different teams
    Interview was of average difficulty[on the easier side],mostly on basic C[keywords],structure,inheritance in C++,OS,computer Architecture
    Process took 2 weeks

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Was for intern position so asked basic stuff about digital design and verilog. gate level based implementation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

It's a casual interview in a cafe shop. Four candidates sit together, we shared our opinion about ERP system. The interviewer also shared his experience in Altera. What is SAP system?how the team is work? How many people in a team. After that, he started questioning us. His attitude is good so don't worry much for the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

It was 1 hour and 30 minutes interview. I was interviewed by three people. Most are algo questions, but there were definitely some hardware questiones.

No easy. The experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Give a tree, each node has a integer value. Find paths which sum up to certain value. (Not necessarily to be a path from root to its leaf).   1 Answer