Altera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.2

FPGA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

The interview lasts about an hour. The first half is hardware questions including designing a divider and a efficient grey code counter. The second half is software interview including finding the second large value in a sequence

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring manager was so helpful and the interview was as smooth as it could be

Interview Questions

Interview

1 phone screen followed by onsite interviews

Interview

Met at a career fair. I went for an onsite interview. I had 5 interviews in roughly 4 hour. The questions asked were both technical and behavioral but mainly technical. It really depends on who is interviewing you. Be prepared to the interviewer to bump on a previous answer to ask a new question, be relax and most importantly be confident!

Interview Questions

• How are you going to help the company solve its problems?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews with low-level engineers, high-level individual contributors, and some executive management. Likely depends on the job.

Interview Questions

• As a former employee of the company, I had a lot of 'why do you want to come back to Altera?' and 'do you plan to leave again?',   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was fine, had to push hard for a signing bonus. RSU grant was very good.

Systems Software Intern Interview

Interview

Multiple technical interviews, no behavioural interviews.
    Asked me to write code in any language I want on a whiteboard.
    Then hardware questions... most are easy but one tripped me up. Didn't get an offer

50 words limit lol please

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round have three interview question
    second question is ask to has the longest path in BST
    three question is bowling question. the bowling ball has width of n and each pin has different score. The question ask compute c code to find the best way to hit the pin to achieve the highest score.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is the software question, it ask to find the biggest sum of a path in a tree which has n children and n depth.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

2 phone interview the first one discussed about some skills I have and time avaliable for this intern position the second with some technical question about hash table2 phone interview the first one discussed about some skills I have and time avaliable for this intern position the second with some technical question about hash table

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 1 hour long interview focus on technical questions and problem solving skill. Need to face few interviewer at the same time to prepare to explain technical answer on paper. There is no IQ test involved.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty nice, got around asking me general stuff and then went right to business. Both questions were on FSMs, the first was relatively easy and the second was really hard. I didn't do as well as I expected and I was never called back. A rejection email would have been nice but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the job, it wasn't for me.