Altera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for position, got a call 2 weeks later requesting an interview. 3 separate interviews, 30 mins each with a different manager each time. Questions were algorithm questions with coding in C involved.

Interview Questions

• Find and count duplicate elements between 2 unsorted arrays   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was held in person at their office in Toronto. There were 3 interviewers. Each interviewer interviewed for 30 minutes without a break in between. The interview was purely technical.

Negative experience: The second interviewer did not seem interested in the interview at all. I answered the question promptly and talked through my solution but he kept looking at his phone.

FAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Altera (New York, NY).

Interview

I got phone interview with HR manager and a few days later I had technical interview with FAEs and FAE manager in office. After around two weeks later, I received job offer letter.

Interview Questions

• If you have any conflict with your customer for some technical issues, how will you resolve that situation?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply this company and FAE job?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any complaint in existing company you are working?   Answer Question

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First phone screen-30min Onsite - 5 rounds Interview was moderate to difficult. The interviewers were friendly and the interview was not easy. The concepts should be very clear to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about designing 4:1 mux using 2:1 mux and write verilog code,c program for swapping 2 variables without using a temp register, how the bidirectional pin would behave , frequency divider circuit,mestability,blocking and non blocking statements ,difference between dram and sram,diff between == and === in verilog,why gate level program is not written,finite state machine for a wending machine and writing the verilog code for it,questions related to sram project,clock domains in which the fifo would be working. Asked a whole lot of questions related to phase locked loops,ring oscillators and MIPS Project.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

one round, 3 back to back interviews, 30 min for each. All of them are very technical and you should be comfortable with writing code on paper or whiteboard. Got a phone call 3 days after the interview informing the result.

Interview Questions

• Click on a paint grid, recursively change the color. Implement undo and if only one info can be stored what is it?   1 Answer
    • Find local maxima in an array of integers. Optimize.   Answer Question
    • Bowling game design.   Answer Question

Accelerator Debug Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was a senior studying Computer Engineering when I applied. I first contacted my professor who told me one of his technical leads in Altera was looking for a Java programmer. He gave his technical lead a great recommendation of me, so he decided to contact me for a phone interview. It took two phone interviews before I got the on-site interview, both times I was asked to solve coding questions.

During the on-site interview, the first three interviewers asked me a couple questions about my resume and spent most of the time allocated on technical questions on bit manipulation, string manipulation, and recursion. I was able to answer what I thought were easy questions and struggled on the hard questions, which I now know weren't hard or tricky. The next one was the one who gave me my first phone interview, who mostly asked me questions to establish job and culture fit. As this was my first interview, I didn't really know what to say to him at all, let alone know what the job was really about. My last interviewer was my professor who told me the position would about writing drivers in a Linux kernel environment.

Since the interview, I did myself a favor and studied up on CS fundamentals, Linux kernels, and embedded systems and I found myself interested in the last two as a career entry point, but I didn't realize it at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is an efficient method to count the number of set bits in a bit vector?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Emailed my resume to a campus recruiter and got an on-site interview about one week later.
    Went into the Toronto office to do three back to back 30-min interviews with three engineers.
    Questions were relatively easy and 2 out of the 3 interviewers were nice and engaging. Third interviewer was on his phone all through the process...

Interview Questions

• Given a array containing integers in pairs, find the only integer in the array that does not come in pairs   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with their recruiter where we go through my experiences and college degree, then she sent an email that I got chosen to meet the CEO of the company in person on 1:1 interview. I met the CEO David for 30-45 mins interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your process to deliver a design? How to manage multiple project in the same time?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall good experience. Interviewers were polite and approachable. Gave hints when stuck on technical problems as well as a good overview of the company and experience. Would recommend brushing up on standard data structures and algorithms.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

3 round of interviews, little talk but many algorithm tests. Every time you come up with an idea they gonna ask you to improve it in speed or memory cost. Very free situation and the interviewers are nice.