Altera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

3.2

Test Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera in March 2016.

Interview

Had just one phone screen. They got back in 2 weeks. The interview started with questions about my projects and experience. The interviewer was very friendly and responsive. After that, he asked me some basic questions on Digital design and DFT. In the end he asked me a couple of puzzles. Questions were simple and tested the basic understanding of digital design and testing.

Interview Questions

• cross coupled nand gates, d- algorithm, fan algorithm
      How will you detect an untestable fault in a circuit?
      Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The manager called me to schedule an onsite interview. I was interviewed by four people one by one. They asked about the projects included in your resume and some related technical questions. It lasted about three hours.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews, followed by an on-site interview. On-site was mainly 1-on-1s and lasted about 6 hrs. Phone interview were less technical but the on-site was exclusively technical. Interviewers came with pre-prepared questions based on job's needs

Interview Questions

• ASIC based design questions; validation methods, design methods, RTL questions (FSM, constraints, etc)   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview started with questions about my projects and experience. After that, they asked me basic questions on Digital design and DFT. They also asked me a couple of brain teasers which were quite interesting. Questions mainly tested the basic understanding of digital design and testing.The interviewers were very friendly and responsive.

Test Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera in March 2016.

Interview

The position for which I was interviewed was in test development team.
    I had 1 phone interview for the Internship.Initial questions were based on my resume and mostly about my projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic VLSI questions, C++ OOPS concepts questions, TCL scoping question, basic DFT questions,few general puzzles   Answer Question

Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks. But the company is cheap - didn't pay for expenses when I had to travel to another city for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Systemverilog, C++, hashes in perl, linked list, computer architecture, dft, arm experience   Answer Question

Sales, Marketing, Technical Services Rotation Program (NCG) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a campus recruiter about my job interests. She was very nice and recommended me to the NCG program. I then got a phone screen directly with the hiring manager for the program. He asked me a lot of behavioral questions, asked about what I was interested in, talked about the program. After that, I scheduled an on-site interview with them at the San Jose location.

At the on-site interview, I went through at round of 5 consecutive 1 on 1 interviews, no breaks. Most questions were largely behavioral, how I would behave in certain situations, what are my career goals, etc. I felt like I answered well, and the interviewers gave positive feedback immediately at the end.

Everybody I interviewed with was kind and respectful, however, something that annoyed me about the experience was that I was never contacted about my offer status. I tried reaching out to the recruiter and the hiring manager, no response.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you failed miserably at something and how did you recover?
      What gets you up in the morning?
      Answer Question

CADfor Timing Characterization Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

first phone round for 30 minutes with the hiring manager
    second phone interview for 1 hour with the team
    onsite interview for half day
    +first round is HR round -> basic HR questions
    +second(team) round -> totally on scripting (basic question hashes and regular expressions)
    +third round (director) -> discussion on a project from my school projects and then questions on timing analysis, memories(SRAM, DRAM), STA (PrimeTIme)
    +fourth round(Manager) -> STA, logical questions and issues on characterization
    +fifth round(team) -> totally on STA, Scripting, CMOS circuit theory

Interview Questions

• Library Characterization question   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview (phone):

Mainly just explained more about the specific role, had some discussion about the skills required and asked about my related experience. Maybe a few high level questions (no coding)

Second interview (on-site):

Five 30-minute interviews back-to-back, which was due to time constraints. Normally I think they have a lunch break. All interviews were mainly coding (see questions), but there were also experience-related questions

Interview Questions

• Traverse a tree and count the nodes in depth-first order   Answer Question
    • Write a function to convert an ascii string to uppercase   Answer Question
    • Write a function to reverse a byte, improve the efficiency, use it to write a function to reverse an int (4 bytes)   Answer Question
    • Use dynamic programming to compute the nth Fibonacci number   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer (NCG) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a phone screening with the Technical Manager of the team for 10 minutes. He asked very simple questions on Digital Logic and a couple of puzzles. Next day, HR emailed me to schedule an onsite interview and asked my availability and after that, the interview happened two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about projects, DFT, BIST and ATPG. 3 puzzles.   Answer Question