Altera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

3.2

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 Rounds of Phone interview. 4 rounds of onsite interview.
    Phone interviews was easy all general infrastructure stuffs. On-site was really cool the interviewers make you feel at ease. All good guys very experienced people who are really cool.

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA).

Interview

NIce. They were very friendly. It started with a phone screening with HR, then phone interview with manager, finally an interview in person that lasted most of the day.
    It took three steps, and about a month in total.

Interview Questions

• Digital Logic questions, how to multiply/divide in binary, count to 10 in binary   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

One phone screening, one phone interview (technical), one on-campus interview (technical). The on-campus interview was with 4 senior members of the group I was going to be in, and it lasted 2 hours.

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The HR Recruiting made a 30 minute phone call to assess my goals and my technical background. Later we had a 1:1 Interview which it was a mix of simple technical questions and behavioral questions including ambitions in life and in the professional career.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions including passions, life goals, and long-term plans   1 Answer

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process goes well. I was asked questions on my project experience, and evaluate myself on software programming.... Surprisingly the hiring manager ask two questions on puzzle sovling questions which is pretty interesting to solve. people over there is nice and smart but I feel the interview process is kind of a rush.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a former employee refer me to the company. Shortly after I received an email that set up a phone interview. In the first one I discussed which of my traits were positive and were I needed work, what suggested I'd be good for a team environment, and why'd I'd be better than someone else. The second phone interview discussed when I could start and an offer. I accepted and received an offer letter within an hour of the end of the phone call.

Interview Questions

• What experiences had I had before that would suggest I would work well in a team environment.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very typical interview process, phone interview followed by in-person interview. I met with four interviewers onsite. Two of them are very junior and the other two are not pleasant at all. They seem to be very busy, not prepared, and rush through everything.
    It could be worse, I have been to worse interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if <fill in the blanks situation>?   1 Answer

Test Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in about a week. The interview was simple. Interviewer seemed friendly and asked a lot of basic questions. More concerned about doing an on-site interview since I was not in San Jose at the time. Missed out because of the same reason too.

Interview Questions

• 1.How do you implement a binary counter using a flip flop?
      2. Questions about setup and hold time   1 Answer

Advanced Technical Documentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of one phone interview with the hiring manager and two video interviews. Each video interview was of three hour duration. Prior to the interview process, a writing sample of a class project or a research project or a thesis/dissertation had to be submitted.

The first video interview was technical with 6 rounds of 30 minutes each. The second video interview was a mix of technical and behavioral with the interviewers being managers of different teams. There was also an English written skills test taken as a part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the writing style ans structure of a technical document ?   1 Answer

Advanced Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview included basic technical questions. Was also questioned about intent to move across country. After 2 weeks I was flown out for an onsite interview. Everyone seemed nice and relaxed. Questions were split between technical and brain teasers. Overall, a relaxed interview process

Interview Questions

• A new building is being built and the elevator portion is being contracted out to you. How do you ensure it's built to not fail?   1 Answer