Altera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.2

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Califon, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera (Califon, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the call for a phone screen very soon. The position was for a Analog Design Engineer. They were looking for person with knowledge in Analog.

Interview Questions

• Asked many technical questions regarding analog designs. Most of the questions were related to OPAMP. They asked about the projects which I have done before   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty nice, got around asking me general stuff and then went right to business. Both questions were on FSMs, the first was relatively easy and the second was really hard. I didn't do as well as I expected and I was never called back. A rejection email would have been nice but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the job, it wasn't for me.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

On site, 5 individual interviews. Asked Algorithm, data structure questions. Asked to solve problem on white board. They were very frank, and helpful. Tried to help me when got stuck. One of the interviewer just asked behavioral questions. No technical questions. Enjoyed the whole process. Learnt something new. Was not prepared well. Hence, didnot get the job. Was not very challanging i think.

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The position is an entry level role that is a rotation between Sales, Marketing, and Technical services. An initial phone screen about general interests followed an on site interview with individuals from Marketing and Applications Engineering. Questions were limited to feelers about my personality, interests, and thought process. Not satisfied with my evaluation, they called me in again for another on site to interview with more members of the Applications Engineering team.

Interview Questions

• Questions from projects, PLL, general coding, and aptitude.   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The work will be related to primarily with the design and verification engineer on block-level and subsystem-level verification, with possible exposure to some design and synthesis work as well. So the interview for me was more about my academic projects which involved in Designing of 5 stage MIPS processor and design of DMA controller and High performance Multiplier.

Interview Questions

• Designing a Pipelined processor   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied in the university career fair, and got the phone interview several weeks later. There were two rounds to recruit applicants. During the interview the recruiter talked about some general works to be done during the internship, and asked several technical questions to check my qualifications. Because I did not behave that well, I was rejected a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a finite state machine by Verilog HDL and C language   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I did a phone interview for internship 2014. First, he asked why you want to join this company and requested a future carrier plan. Then, he went over my resume and asked technical questions about timing generation circuit. It was a basic question for operation and stability. This phone interview took about one hour. I got an offer letter after one week.

Interview Questions

• What is the stability condition for feedback circuit?   Answer Question
    • What kind of design skills do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

2 phone interview the first one discussed about some skills I have and time avaliable for this intern position the second with some technical question about hash table2 phone interview the first one discussed about some skills I have and time avaliable for this intern position the second with some technical question about hash table

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Altera in October 2014.

Interview

A full day interview process. Tour in the campus, meeting the directors of each department. My position was for Software Intern. It was about 1 hour and a very comfortable one in a cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph of a stock, find the buying and selling points to attain best profit.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

At first, 30 min phone interview. The interviewer is the group manager. And then about one week later, he scheduled a video Interview. It lasted about two hours. In total four group members.

Interview Questions

• Questions in my resume.
      FIFO full/empty