Altera Interview Questions in Santa Cruz, CA | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera (Santa Cruz, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

First phone interview was thorough, and had me solve a couple of problems. In person interview was good had several different people pose problems to solve. The workplace is pretty laid back, but people work hard.

Interview Questions

• There are several problems that are asked to test your problem solving skills, not so much specific knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Santa Cruz, CA) in September 2007.

Interview

First, I had a phone screening with an Engineering Manager. He went through my resume, asking questions relating to my previous experience. After elaborating on my experience working in large software projects and using established software practices, he started asking me very simple technical questions.

A few days later, I got an email from HR telling me that the screening went well, and asking me to come for an onsite. Then, I had interviews with two panels of 2 or 3 engineers, asking relevant Software Engineering questions, and your typical coding whiteboarding. Later I had lunch with the hiring manager.

About a week after, I got another email from the Hiring Manager saying that the interviews went well, and asking me to come in for a presentation. I had to come in and give a presentation to a larger set of engineers on any topic I chose.

Finally, after that was done, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm not good at negotiating.