Altera Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Altera Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for position, got a call 2 weeks later requesting an interview. 3 separate interviews, 30 mins each with a different manager each time. Questions were algorithm questions with coding in C involved.

Interview Questions

• Find and count duplicate elements between 2 unsorted arrays   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university career portal and got a reply to arrange interview within a day. The first round of interview consists of 3 half an hour back to back separate interviews with 3 different persons. For me, they are all technical questions. The interviewer are from different areas and they are all really nice.

Interview Questions

• Given an unsorted binary tree, find the minimum node.   Answer Question
    • Given a directed acyclic graph, find the largest path. Each node will only be visited once.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

3 round of interviews, little talk but many algorithm tests. Every time you come up with an idea they gonna ask you to improve it in speed or memory cost. Very free situation and the interviewers are nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

one round, 3 back to back interviews, 30 min for each. All of them are very technical and you should be comfortable with writing code on paper or whiteboard. Got a phone call 3 days after the interview informing the result.

Interview Questions

• Click on a paint grid, recursively change the color. Implement undo and if only one info can be stored what is it?   1 Answer
    • Find local maxima in an array of integers. Optimize.   Answer Question
    • Bowling game design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Emailed my resume to a campus recruiter and got an on-site interview about one week later.
    Went into the Toronto office to do three back to back 30-min interviews with three engineers.
    Questions were relatively easy and 2 out of the 3 interviewers were nice and engaging. Third interviewer was on his phone all through the process...

Interview Questions

• Given a array containing integers in pairs, find the only integer in the array that does not come in pairs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, for half an hour each. The first interviewer interviewed me for the software positions, whereas the second interviewer asked me question that were a bit more hardware related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply in job fair. Two round of interview. First round has 2 interviewer, each 30 min. All technical questions. One interviewer asked hardware question. The other ask only algorithm question. And wrote code in write board. Second round has 6 interviewer, each 30 min. It had ten min break in the middle. same as the first round, but questions they asked is harder.

Software Product Engineer (FPGA Design Flow) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online at Altera website, got an email for initial HR interview on the phone after 1 week. It was only for 10 minutes. They asked about my previous experience and asked me tell a good debugging story.

Later got an email in 2 days for on-site interview at Altera Toronto office. It was with 2 engineers, half an hour each. They were both friendly and didn't talk much about my past experiences or stuff on resume, jumped right into technical stuff first asked about my master's thesis and algorithm/code design questions.

Interview Questions

• Given two integer arrays, write a function which can compute the product of first array and save in the second array, except the product of that particular element from first array of same index you currently store in second array.

A = [a(0), a(1), a(2), a(3) ... a(n)]
      B = [b(0), b(1), b(2), b(3) ... b(n)]

where

b(0) = a(1) x a(2) x a(3) .... x a(n)
      b(1) = a(0) x a(2) x a(3) .... x a(n)
      b(n) = a(0) x a(1) x a(2) .... x a(n-1)
      1 Answer
    • Given a tree of 2-bit adders (no branching and looping), how would write an algorithm to reduce its over all delay?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on the career fair, and got an onsite interview. it contains two rounds, the first round took 1.5h with three managers, the second one took 2 h with four managers. all technical questions, no offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I met them in the campus career fair and after a 6 weeks they email me to arrange an on cite interview. I passed the first stage interview and they ask me to study/learn C/C++ for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• SW: recursive algorithms
      HW: designing a digital circuit that detects several consecutive "1" bits.
      1 Answer