Altia Central ALT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altia Central ALT Interview Questions

Interviews at Altia Central

1.6

ALT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altia Central.

Interview

Took several months to go through, and even then nothing concrete in terms of information. The interviews themselves are very easy. They're looking for fun people who can survive in Japan.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a kid in your classroom being disruptive while the teacher is conducting a lesson?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Altia Central

ALT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altia Central.

Interview

I had 2 separate interviews which is unusual but both were sit-down interviews discussing my views on teaching children and the best ways about it and biggest problems I typically face in the Japanese school system.
    The first interview was to assess my knowledge and experience of teaching in Japanese schools, my love of the culture and country, and whether I would be the type to stick around or if I was one of the ones who thought I was in Japan on vacation. It was a fairly simple interview but I had good credentials so it felt like more of a casual chit-chat in formal dress and situation.
    The second interview was to assess whether or not I was the type of person who could handle the stress of the particular problem school they were throwing me at. This was a bit more unusual as most schools aren't a problem but this one had some rougher students and disciplinary problems you weren't expected to deal with but rather work around. It was a lot of worrying over nothing though and the school was fine but since there were a few troubled kids I understood that there were maybe some teachers who might not handle it as well. (Basically, it was an "are you really okay with a rough inner-city school job" but Japan's "rough" schools aren't even close to being scary. The kids were sweet, I even made friends with the scary students. It's all about temperament.)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student suddenly entered the classroom who wasn't a part of the class?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about English learning in Japan? What are some problems?   1 Answer
    • How would you introduce yourself to the class?   1 Answer

ALT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altia Central.

Interview

A CV sent via emailed, followed by the recruiting manager replying fairly quickly. An interview was scheduled domestically quickly, but no travel expenses (20,000+) were provided for it. There was a lot of time that passed between that and finally being offered the job, followed by another large blank of communication when I was suddenly told that there's training on the go.

Interview Questions

• Is it OK to study Japanese in school during free time?   1 Answer

ALT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)

Interview

They interview you about your experience, ask you to prepare a demo lesson, interview you briefly in Japanese to test your spoken level. The hiring manager is the nicest guy, very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

ALT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altia Central (Tokyo (Japan)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was really easy. I had a great time talking to the interviewer. Graham is unexpectedly cool and funny. I nailed the Japanese interview as well. I was positive that I’ll get the job until I made a follow up through email. They replied that I passed but I only got a 50% or less chance because I don’t have a driver’s license. I was like, then why are you interviewing people that don’t drive in Japan? Man, I traveled 10 hours to get to the location and booked a hotel. I should have stayed with Interac where I spent nothing since I was interviewed only thru skype.

ALT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altia Central (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Every email response was extraordinarily late and despite me jumping through quite a few hoops and being strung along for over a month, this, however, didn't bother me as responses were very detailed and comprehensive meaning there was little back and forth. after failing the Interview I wasn't contacted at all which from my previous experiences isn't the standard measure when the application process is so lengthy and arduous.

While this is a very minor complaint, the interviewer also struggled to make eye contact and it made me the interview very awkward as it left me wondering where I should look. I still tried to look him in the face while talking at the very least but it often felt like I was intimidating him which threw me off a little during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If a student was misbehaving and distracting other students how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

ALT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altia Central (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stages were great and everyone was kind over email and in person. However, after I knew I had not gone through they didn't even bother to contact me back for results or the position after 2 months. I paid to go down to London out of my own pocket and you didn't even bother to email me with results about the interview? Seriously please change this in the future.