Altisource Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I took the tests they send candidates and went to their office for an interview.

First, I think the company could have an incredibly bright future, but their recruiting process could really hurt them. It's very obvious that their recruitment process is in complete disarray, yet they're rejecting qualified and experienced people who can fix those problems in favor of inexperienced people (they admit that they hire people with no experience). I'm not the first person to say that their recruitment process is very broken (a growing company like this requires a strong recruitment process - and to get there, it requires experienced recruitment professionals). It seems like they're just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Also, when reading the responses on Glassdoor from HR, it's very clear that he's getting incredibly defensive and again, that isn't the way to improve the recruiting process or the candidate experience. There's a better way to say it if you believe the comments are wrong - but getting incredibly defensive and then not even addressing the issues that many of us have communicated won't get you far. If many of us are saying it, it doesn't seem like we're the problem.

It's a great company, but the recruitment process is incredibly flawed. The team I interviewed with seemed great, but the candidate experience post-interview has been awful.

Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Received promising sounding email that required me to submit to a long, irrelevant to the position, "IQ" test. After completing test, nothing else has been done. Despite an "ASAP!" need, it's like I just fell through the cracks

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Like several posts before mine, the process starts with 2 completely irrelevant "IQ" tests. These are a waste of time.

I was invited to meet with the VP for an in-person interview. I started off with another one of the irrelevant “IQ tests” once I arrived in the office. The VP asked me some basic questions about what I did in my current role and why I was looking for a new opportunity. It was QUICK interview (lasted about 15 minutes) and I was told they would reach out to me about the next steps.

I never heard back again until 4 weeks later. I received an email stating they were not going not to move forward with me in the process.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is longer than normal (although they stressed over and over they wanted to hire by the first of February) and also not your desired process. I do understand they are trying to streamline their processes, but what I don't understand is why they are requesting process improvements from candidates. During the interview, it felt as if I was being asked on changes I would make and questions related to how they can improve their current process. It didn't feel as if they were truly getting to know my experience. The first step in the process is to complete an IQ test. Like most of the other reviews have stated, this is an outdated process that doesn't capture the true skill of a candidate. The second steps is to complete a video assessment. While I enjoyed the video interview, I didn't enjoy the questions. They didn't relate to the position and they requested feedback which is inappropriate considering feedback has already been provided on Glassdoor. Here are the questions from the video interview: 1. What position(s) are you interested in and why are you qualified for them? ( I didn't understand why this question was asked when during the set up of the video interview you are required to select a position. It's also indicated on the application) 2. What current trends are you seeing in recruiting or HR? (I'm not sure why this question would be asked since google can provide anyone with a reasonable response and it just depends on the industry you are currently in) 3. What can you do to enhance the candidate experience? (This was interesting because the reviews I read prior to interviewing all provided feedback) 4. What would you change or keep regarding the test? (I'm not an employee but you are already having me work on your processes?) 5. Discuss your philosophy around project management and how you operationalize your objectives.(I didn't apply for a PM opportunity so I wasn't sure how this related unless it will be projects within the HR department which wasn't specified in the job description). It takes 5 days for them to review your video then they reject you once you provide them with ideas. The TA specialist seemed and more than likely new to this type of position, the emails that are sent should be revamped. The formatting was all over the place and contained bold letters as if she was yelling. Most HR professionals understand how to maneuver through the process so the use of bold words and all caps isn't necessary. To me, the most frustrating part was, I didn't get to speak with anyone. They have you complete all of these steps but don't even allow you the opportunity to speak with someone. That's rude. Although I am seeking employment, I also have to ensure the company is a fit. It would have been nice to speak with a TA specialist prior to completing tests. I would have been able to save your company money by removing myself from the process. If you only test qualified candidates, you will save money and your CFO will love you more. I also emailed the TA Specialist with no response. I wanted to see if I would receive a response since previous reviews indicated they didn't respond. This position has been open for at least two months and I really don't know if they understand what they are looking for. I truly believe the position has been filled and they just need additional information to groom their new HR department. I hope they find the right fit.

Interview Questions

• 1. What makes you an ideal candidate for this position? 2. What are three interesting trends you're seeing in talent acquisition? 3. Describe your most creative ideas for enhancing the candidate experience during an interview process. 4. Discuss the online assessment tool and what you would add or subtract? 5. Discuss your philosophy around project management and how you operationalize your objectives   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Good at home interview. Complete online assessments. Finished online video interview. Was invited in for an in person interview that went great. Said they would have an offer for me the following week. Then sent me a generic email stating that they are looking at other candidates. Unsure where the confusion came from. Met with multiple of their "Senior" advisers and we all seemed to get along great. Everyone seemed very excited about the fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to learn from failure.   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had to take a online I.Q. test where you had to use logic to figure out basic problems and puzzles.You had to fill out basic information about yourself. You had to connect your LinkedIn account to your profile. The online interview took about 45 minutes. It was challenging yet fun.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Like several posts before mine, the process starts with 2 completely irrelevant "IQ" tests. One is focused on logical type questions, the other is naming the next set of numbers and shapes after a group. These were actually pretty nerve racking because not only do you not understand why you're having to take them, you know there is no point to them, and it's all timed. But I did well enough to move onto the next step which was filming 5 online videos of myself answering questions. This was also interesting but you get an unlimited amount of times to do them. After that, everything went silent for over a week (not sticking to how fast they needed someone,) but then I got a message from a front of the line HR rep wanting to set up a PRESCREEN! You just put a candidate through 2 pointless "IQ" tests and then filmed 5 videos and now I have to do a prescreen??? This call was covering all the basics, it's like they didn't even watch my videos. I guess they didn't like what they heard because I got a rejection shortly after that. So at least I heard something quickly. Given the reviews I have seen on this company (constant turnover,) and their inability to hire anyone, sounds like this might be a blessing in disguise

Interview Questions

• For the videos:
      1. What position(s) are you interested in and why are you qualified for them? I had to repeat all of this to the HR rep during the Prescreen call so I was pretty annoyed
      2. What current trends are you seeing in recruiting?
      3. What can you do to enhance the candidate experience?
      4. Describe the previous "IQ" tests - these 2 IQ tests are POINTLESS and IRRELEVANT
      5. What is my philosophy on Project Management
      2 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Received long email from VP of HR about how I was selected to participate in next steps which was IQ assessment test, video interview, calibration call with team, and meet face to face with leadership. Well I passed step one (the assessment which has nothing to do with job responsibilities whatsoever)- I did well on assessment but no other further communication. It's almost like it was a waste of time- I had my hopes up extremely high considering I did well on assessment and their need for candidates to start end of January/ early February. The company just seems a bit unorganized and unable to maintain communication with professionals that are seeking employment opportunities. I know they receive a ton of applicants but it is nice to receive SOME type of communication. Even if I'm no longer considered for the opportunities would be nice to know so I can move on and focus on other companies.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and somewhat unorganized. It started with an IQ test and then I received an email to complete a video interview, then a phone interview. The recruiter explained that they were swamped which was the reason for the disarray.

Talent Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, and I was contacted within a week by the VP of HR saying that I had been selected for next steps. The interview process is rigorous. First there was an aptitude test for pattern recognition, logic, and verbal reasoning. I was then selected for a one-way video interview. Both emails that I got had the wrong deadline date, so followup emails were sent out with corrections.

The process after that was confusing and felt a little disorganized. I received a voicemail from one of the recruiters, but I thought it was a mistake since I had been receiving emails from the VP of HR initially. Then I received a text message asking me to schedule a pre-screening call via Calendly (really should have just sent me an email from the start for this). For the pre-screening call, they were late in calling me, and I also talked to a different recruiter. I was also told that the original position I applied for was no longer available, but that another position could be a good fit. After the pre-screening call, I was invited to an in-person interview (the recruiter sent me an email, but then called me within minutes, so I barely got a chance to read the email/respond). I had to take additional online assessments and took another assessment on the day of the interview. In-person, I was then told of ANOTHER position that could work for me, so I met with additional team members.

I ended up declining the offer because I didn't feel it was a good fit, but it was apparent that they are committed to hiring top talent. They are less traditional in their hiring practices, which is refreshing. I was asked thoughtful questions and felt comfortable talking with them. But since they are in growth-mode, it was apparent that they are still trying to get organized and instill structure into their hiring practices. I think there are a lot of good opportunities here, and you're not going to feel locked into anything. They are more realistic and down to earth about how career growth should work.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel that this position/company will help with your current career plans?   Answer Question