Altisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.9

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview Interview

Interview

I applied online for a position here at Altisource for Inside Sales Account Executive position for Owners.com here in your Sandy Springs, Ga office. I was contacted by one of the recruiters after applying online in about a week. She arranged a preliminary telephone interview with me for a specific time and day. I received an email with a confirmed telephone interview for a specific day and time, but I never received a telephone call. I emailed her several times with about the date that had came and gone, with no response back. Then I contacted another hiring manager over the recruiter by phone (that I looked up myself) one of the senior managers of recruitment over the HR department asking him why I didn't receive a phone call for my phone interview? He said, the recruiter) got sick and she was out sick all week last week. But HE NEVER apologized. Then he said, the recruiter that was supposed to do my phone interview would be back by the end of the week and she would reschedule with me again for a phone interview at that time.

I then got an another email from the recruiter asking if I would have time for a phone interview again this week. I once again, replied and confirmed a specific date and time with the recruiter for the phone interview with me she then sent me a confirmation email once again confirming the date and time to for her to call me And ONCE AGAIN NO PHONE CALL from the recruiter or anyone in HR. I was STOOD UP TWICE for the first initial phone interview by the recruiter. This is unheard of. This is very unprofessional, rude and shows a great deal a disorganization within your company. Altisource has ALOT of negative reviews online from the candidate, employee and the customer side of view from of your company. Complaints about everything you can think of.Potential candidates being stood up for their first initial phone interview (when the recruiter is the first initial contact, the first face for your company for the candidate) is a VERY BAD look and very Bad for your business. Your departments should communicate better between departments. If the recruiter was out sick then other recruiter should have called me and did the phone screen. But there is just NO EXCUSE for this. This is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & RUDE. Looks like I dodged a bullet working for this company. Your company has a long way to go before it can be considered even a B + company.

Leasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

Phone Screen interview for 15 minutes. The recruiter was nice. I thought it went well. I had to take the two assessments that was irrelevant. It had nothing to do with the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by one of their Recruiters for a telephonic round of interview. After rescheduling the interview twice, I did not receive any call on the scheduled time instead I received an email stating that their business needs have changed and the Recruiter was talking about a future role of which he/she was not sure of. He/She could have at least shown the courtesy to call me on scheduled time and have explained the situation then or have at least apologized on the email. Did not expect this from a billion dollar company!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I am 100% CONVINCED these people are not looking to hire, and that they are just experimenting with their recruiting process and department. I read the reviews and foolishly assumed they were from disgruntled past employees or people who didnt receive an offer. They send everybody who applies a text message and email inviting them to take a series of useless wonderlic tests and a one way video interview. Afterwards, it gets truly crazy. I was supposed to have a phone interview at 5 on a particular day, but I never received a call after clearing my schedule. I called and received no answer. I then emailed the recruiter who "profusely apologized" and blamed not calling on how busy she is. I should have ran for the hills right then but Im stubborn. We finally had the phone interview the day after it was initially scheduled(mind you, im the one who had to reach out to the recruiter to remind her) They invited me in for an in person interview where I had to take the wonderlic test again, then a second interview with a different person where I was asked pretty much the same questions as the first interview, then yet another interview with a team leader where I was "trained" and told I would be receiving instructions on the next steps(btw, they make you fill out the background check info even without extending an offer). The next day, I received an email asking me to take another test. Then yet another email saying "thank you for applying, after reviewing your resume, we decided to go with somebody whose experience more closely match our needs"...WHAT? I mean I was over it and them at the point but It is absolutely baffling to me how ridiculous this company is. While in the process of wasting your time, the "recruiter" always responds to emails but afterwards, nothing.READ THE REVIEWS. These are not made up stories. Apply at your own risk because these jokers will just waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager/Team Lead/High Volume Recruiting Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Sandy Springs, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Used easy apply on another site. Got contacted immediately by a recruiter. Did a phone interview, three tests, background check, two face-to-face interviews, and on another day did a cold calling role play. The job title changed twice during the interview process. After the deadline day for letting me know if I was hired, it all went silent. Emails to four contacts the next day were ignored. Voicemail to two contacts two days later were unreturned.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 billiard balls all the same size and color but one weighs less than the other. With a traditional balance scale, find the lighter ball in the shortest time possible.   Answer Question
    • Give one word to describe what will help you succeed at this job and one word to describe how you will succeed at a future job here.   Answer Question

Altisource Response

Aug 22, 2017 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback. I looked into your case and reached out to you via email but didn't hear back. I am sorry for the confusion regarding a "deadline day" - that isn't something we have... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Altisource (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an initial point of contact as well as the VP of HR himself. Very cool. Then scheduled for a phone interview. That went amazing so I moved on to taking three tests. Just common sense and personality stuff designed to see how you handle pressure. I then went into the office for a face to face interview where I was then tested again on a computer. After that I met a total of six different coworkers and "higher-ups". Not your traditional interview style, just much better! Hey made me feel right at home and relaxed. AND they gave me a personalized letter and chocolate, which I happily ate between the sets of different interviewers. They are very fair and very open to hearing your story.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted approximately one month after applying online. They arranged a preliminary telephone interview with me for a specific time and day. This company is very flaky. I received an email with a confirmed telephone interview for a specific day and time, but I never received a telephone call. I had taken the morning off work for this. I followed up with HR asking why I didn't receive a phone call. She apologized and said something came up and asked if I could do the interview later that day.

Interview Questions

• I received an email with a confirmed telephone interview for a specific day and time, but I never received a telephone call. I had taken the morning off work for this. I followed up with HR asking why I didn't receive a phone call. She apologized and said something came up and asked if I could do the interview later that day.   1 Answer

Altisource Response

Aug 22, 2017 – VP of HR

We are sorry we missed your call! We have taken your feedback and instituted a new protocol to make sure we are either making calls on time or alerting candidates when we are running late or need to... More

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Interview

Everything seemed normal and fine in the beginning. First off, the recruiter was extremely nice and helpful. There were two wonderlic tests which the recruiter informed me to find practice tests online to study with. There was also a P&I Survey. Next I was going to do a phone interview but then I was told the hire managers just wanted to move foward with the face to face interview so we did that instead. I received a call week later from the recruiter stating the hiring manager wanted to move foward to the offer phase and that I would receive more feedback shortly. This is when it began to get weird. The recruiter asked me to fill out another application online making sure to fill out dates for all jobs worked. He then sent me the consent for a background check form to sign which I thought was weird since I didnt have an offet but I decided to sign it anyway. About a week goes by he says he stills waiting for feedback so I'm like ok and another week goes by and he tells me he is waiting for his executives in India to make some sort of interviewing decision. Now in my head I'm like "whaaaaat!!". Luck I was offered another position with a different company around the same time so I was just able to go in a different direction but I think Altisource needs to get things together in their recruiting department. You just don't tell someone that your interested in making an offer, get them to sign a consent for a ba background check and never follow up with again. That seems odd.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I took the tests they send candidates and went to their office for an interview.

First, I think the company could have an incredibly bright future, but their recruiting process could really hurt them. It's very obvious that their recruitment process is in complete disarray, yet they're rejecting qualified and experienced people who can fix those problems in favor of inexperienced people (they admit that they hire people with no experience). I'm not the first person to say that their recruitment process is very broken (a growing company like this requires a strong recruitment process - and to get there, it requires experienced recruitment professionals). It seems like they're just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Also, when reading the responses on Glassdoor from HR, it's very clear that he's getting incredibly defensive and again, that isn't the way to improve the recruiting process or the candidate experience. There's a better way to say it if you believe the comments are wrong - but getting incredibly defensive and then not even addressing the issues that many of us have communicated won't get you far. If many of us are saying it, it doesn't seem like we're the problem.

It's a great company, but the recruitment process is incredibly flawed. The team I interviewed with seemed great, but the candidate experience post-interview has been awful.

Recovery Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the same day to fill out another application and schedule a in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a math/grammar test and a one on one with hr personnel. The interview was quick, just a few questions regarding previous experience and "Name a time when" questions. She said if I didn't hear anything back within a week I should call. I did receive a rejection letter a week later.