Altisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altisource Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I took the tests they send candidates and went to their office for an interview.

First, I think the company could have an incredibly bright future, but their recruiting process could really hurt them. It's very obvious that their recruitment process is in complete disarray, yet they're rejecting qualified and experienced people who can fix those problems in favor of inexperienced people (they admit that they hire people with no experience). I'm not the first person to say that their recruitment process is very broken (a growing company like this requires a strong recruitment process - and to get there, it requires experienced recruitment professionals). It seems like they're just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Also, when reading the responses on Glassdoor from HR, it's very clear that he's getting incredibly defensive and again, that isn't the way to improve the recruiting process or the candidate experience. There's a better way to say it if you believe the comments are wrong - but getting incredibly defensive and then not even addressing the issues that many of us have communicated won't get you far. If many of us are saying it, it doesn't seem like we're the problem.

It's a great company, but the recruitment process is incredibly flawed. The team I interviewed with seemed great, but the candidate experience post-interview has been awful.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

Jobs do not exist. The job applied for was not the same in the email provided for the assessment. All jobs are within the HR environment regardless of what the title is. They may be collecting the information for future profiling they can sell to other companies. Someone applying over the course of several months must be capable of doing the job as advertised. Another theory, this company is a scam/pyramid scheme venture.

Interview Questions

• Applied for the testing experience, I received the email for assessment just like everyone has indicated and did well.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to take a series of simple online tests and then one more once I arrived at the office, which was repetitive, but the test was very simple. The hiring manager was very down to Earth and relatable.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is longer than normal (although they stressed over and over they wanted to hire by the first of February) and also not your desired process. I do understand they are trying to streamline their processes, but what I don't understand is why they are requesting process improvements from candidates. During the interview, it felt as if I was being asked on changes I would make and questions related to how they can improve their current process. It didn't feel as if they were truly getting to know my experience. The first step in the process is to complete an IQ test. Like most of the other reviews have stated, this is an outdated process that doesn't capture the true skill of a candidate. The second steps is to complete a video assessment. While I enjoyed the video interview, I didn't enjoy the questions. They didn't relate to the position and they requested feedback which is inappropriate considering feedback has already been provided on Glassdoor. Here are the questions from the video interview: 1. What position(s) are you interested in and why are you qualified for them? ( I didn't understand why this question was asked when during the set up of the video interview you are required to select a position. It's also indicated on the application) 2. What current trends are you seeing in recruiting or HR? (I'm not sure why this question would be asked since google can provide anyone with a reasonable response and it just depends on the industry you are currently in) 3. What can you do to enhance the candidate experience? (This was interesting because the reviews I read prior to interviewing all provided feedback) 4. What would you change or keep regarding the test? (I'm not an employee but you are already having me work on your processes?) 5. Discuss your philosophy around project management and how you operationalize your objectives.(I didn't apply for a PM opportunity so I wasn't sure how this related unless it will be projects within the HR department which wasn't specified in the job description). It takes 5 days for them to review your video then they reject you once you provide them with ideas. The TA specialist seemed and more than likely new to this type of position, the emails that are sent should be revamped. The formatting was all over the place and contained bold letters as if she was yelling. Most HR professionals understand how to maneuver through the process so the use of bold words and all caps isn't necessary. To me, the most frustrating part was, I didn't get to speak with anyone. They have you complete all of these steps but don't even allow you the opportunity to speak with someone. That's rude. Although I am seeking employment, I also have to ensure the company is a fit. It would have been nice to speak with a TA specialist prior to completing tests. I would have been able to save your company money by removing myself from the process. If you only test qualified candidates, you will save money and your CFO will love you more. I also emailed the TA Specialist with no response. I wanted to see if I would receive a response since previous reviews indicated they didn't respond. This position has been open for at least two months and I really don't know if they understand what they are looking for. I truly believe the position has been filled and they just need additional information to groom their new HR department. I hope they find the right fit.

Interview Questions

• 1. What makes you an ideal candidate for this position? 2. What are three interesting trends you're seeing in talent acquisition? 3. Describe your most creative ideas for enhancing the candidate experience during an interview process. 4. Discuss the online assessment tool and what you would add or subtract? 5. Discuss your philosophy around project management and how you operationalize your objectives   Answer Question

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Like several posts before mine, the process starts with 2 completely irrelevant "IQ" tests. These are a waste of time.

I was invited to meet with the VP for an in-person interview. I started off with another one of the irrelevant “IQ tests” once I arrived in the office. The VP asked me some basic questions about what I did in my current role and why I was looking for a new opportunity. It was QUICK interview (lasted about 15 minutes) and I was told they would reach out to me about the next steps.

I never heard back again until 4 weeks later. I received an email stating they were not going not to move forward with me in the process.

Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Received promising sounding email that required me to submit to a long, irrelevant to the position, "IQ" test. After completing test, nothing else has been done. Despite an "ASAP!" need, it's like I just fell through the cracks

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

The VP of HR contacts you with a long email on how great the company is and how they are trying to hire many employees. Then he invites you to take a reasoning test. During this entire process so far they kept in touch with me. Once I completed the test, I was invited to the video interview. I feel I did great and explained all I could in the 60 seconds the video allows you to record. After that I NEVER heard a word from them. I contacted them and no response. This experience was very though on me because I haven't made it so far into an interview process without hearing back from a company. I felt so worthless and taken advantage of. I wasted my time for no reason. Every professional deserves an email or some type of communication to inform them that they were not chosen. I hope no one has to go through what I went through with this company. They destroyed my motivation to believe in a company who want entry level professionals.

Interview Questions

• To answer to questions in 60 seconds.   1 Answer

Altisource Response

Jan 25, 2017 – VP of HR

As I mentioned below, check your spam - we respond to every video interview. If you haven't received a reply, it means you are still under consideration. Thank you, Bradford Wilkins Vice ... More

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource in February 2017.

Interview

I must say this was a long process and a complete waste of my time. A few days after applying I received an email from the VP of HR stating that there would be 3 steps to the interview process.
    1. Online assessment
    2. Video interview
    3. In person interview
    I made it through steps 1 and 2 of the process successfully. Then I was emailed about setting up a phone screening. After the screening I was told I'd be contacted within a few days to verify wether I would be moving forward to the interview or not. That was 2 weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything back. It's been over a month since I applied. I'm complete irritated by this companies lack of communication during the interview process.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Good at home interview. Complete online assessments. Finished online video interview. Was invited in for an in person interview that went great. Said they would have an offer for me the following week. Then sent me a generic email stating that they are looking at other candidates. Unsure where the confusion came from. Met with multiple of their "Senior" advisers and we all seemed to get along great. Everyone seemed very excited about the fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to learn from failure.   1 Answer

Various Human Resources Roles Interview

Interview

I applied for Altisource via Indeed.com I received an email from the VP of Director stating that I would be moving along in the process. The first step was two assessments that needed to be completed within one 30 minute sitting. After a few days, I received an email stating that I would be moving along yet again-- this time I would need to do a one-way video interview. I would be given a question and had to record my answers via webcam. I was given an unlimited number of opportunities to respond to the questions. I completed the assessment and that was the end. I never received any communication to confirm that I had been selected for the opportunity or denied. When job searching, it's nice to have closure. Seeing that you are trying to revamp your HR department, that is one suggestion I have. Candidates like to know whether it's good or not so good news-- don't just leave people hanging.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest difference you have seen in hiring practices?   Answer Question

Altisource Response

Jan 20, 2017 – VP of HR

We send decisions to all candidates who complete our video interview; if you haven't received notification check your spam or know you might still be under consideration. Bradford Wilkins, Vice ... More