Altisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altisource Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to take a series of simple online tests and then one more once I arrived at the office, which was repetitive, but the test was very simple. The hiring manager was very down to Earth and relatable.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is longer than normal (although they stressed over and over they wanted to hire by the first of February) and also not your desired process. I do understand they are trying to streamline their processes, but what I don't understand is why they are requesting process improvements from candidates. During the interview, it felt as if I was being asked on changes I would make and questions related to how they can improve their current process. It didn't feel as if they were truly getting to know my experience. The first step in the process is to complete an IQ test. Like most of the other reviews have stated, this is an outdated process that doesn't capture the true skill of a candidate. The second steps is to complete a video assessment. While I enjoyed the video interview, I didn't enjoy the questions. They didn't relate to the position and they requested feedback which is inappropriate considering feedback has already been provided on Glassdoor. Here are the questions from the video interview: 1. What position(s) are you interested in and why are you qualified for them? ( I didn't understand why this question was asked when during the set up of the video interview you are required to select a position. It's also indicated on the application) 2. What current trends are you seeing in recruiting or HR? (I'm not sure why this question would be asked since google can provide anyone with a reasonable response and it just depends on the industry you are currently in) 3. What can you do to enhance the candidate experience? (This was interesting because the reviews I read prior to interviewing all provided feedback) 4. What would you change or keep regarding the test? (I'm not an employee but you are already having me work on your processes?) 5. Discuss your philosophy around project management and how you operationalize your objectives.(I didn't apply for a PM opportunity so I wasn't sure how this related unless it will be projects within the HR department which wasn't specified in the job description). It takes 5 days for them to review your video then they reject you once you provide them with ideas. The TA specialist seemed and more than likely new to this type of position, the emails that are sent should be revamped. The formatting was all over the place and contained bold letters as if she was yelling. Most HR professionals understand how to maneuver through the process so the use of bold words and all caps isn't necessary. To me, the most frustrating part was, I didn't get to speak with anyone. They have you complete all of these steps but don't even allow you the opportunity to speak with someone. That's rude. Although I am seeking employment, I also have to ensure the company is a fit. It would have been nice to speak with a TA specialist prior to completing tests. I would have been able to save your company money by removing myself from the process. If you only test qualified candidates, you will save money and your CFO will love you more. I also emailed the TA Specialist with no response. I wanted to see if I would receive a response since previous reviews indicated they didn't respond. This position has been open for at least two months and I really don't know if they understand what they are looking for. I truly believe the position has been filled and they just need additional information to groom their new HR department. I hope they find the right fit.

Interview Questions

• 1. What makes you an ideal candidate for this position? 2. What are three interesting trends you're seeing in talent acquisition? 3. Describe your most creative ideas for enhancing the candidate experience during an interview process. 4. Discuss the online assessment tool and what you would add or subtract? 5. Discuss your philosophy around project management and how you operationalize your objectives   Answer Question

Reporting and Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks. I applied for this position online. They have emailed me to take an assessment test. After 5 business days, they have selected me for second round of interview which is video interview. Later they did not tell me about the next process whether I cleared the interview or not. I sent a follow up email but no response.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

The VP of HR contacts you with a long email on how great the company is and how they are trying to hire many employees. Then he invites you to take a reasoning test. During this entire process so far they kept in touch with me. Once I completed the test, I was invited to the video interview. I feel I did great and explained all I could in the 60 seconds the video allows you to record. After that I NEVER heard a word from them. I contacted them and no response. This experience was very though on me because I haven't made it so far into an interview process without hearing back from a company. I felt so worthless and taken advantage of. I wasted my time for no reason. Every professional deserves an email or some type of communication to inform them that they were not chosen. I hope no one has to go through what I went through with this company. They destroyed my motivation to believe in a company who want entry level professionals.

Interview Questions

• To answer to questions in 60 seconds.   1 Answer

Altisource Response

Jan 25, 2017 – VP of HR

As I mentioned below, check your spam - we respond to every video interview. If you haven't received a reply, it means you are still under consideration. Thank you, Bradford Wilkins Vice ... More

Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Received promising sounding email that required me to submit to a long, irrelevant to the position, "IQ" test. After completing test, nothing else has been done. Despite an "ASAP!" need, it's like I just fell through the cracks

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Like several posts before mine, the process starts with 2 completely irrelevant "IQ" tests. These are a waste of time.

I was invited to meet with the VP for an in-person interview. I started off with another one of the irrelevant “IQ tests” once I arrived in the office. The VP asked me some basic questions about what I did in my current role and why I was looking for a new opportunity. It was QUICK interview (lasted about 15 minutes) and I was told they would reach out to me about the next steps.

I never heard back again until 4 weeks later. I received an email stating they were not going not to move forward with me in the process.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource in February 2017.

Interview

I must say this was a long process and a complete waste of my time. A few days after applying I received an email from the VP of HR stating that there would be 3 steps to the interview process.
    1. Online assessment
    2. Video interview
    3. In person interview
    I made it through steps 1 and 2 of the process successfully. Then I was emailed about setting up a phone screening. After the screening I was told I'd be contacted within a few days to verify wether I would be moving forward to the interview or not. That was 2 weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything back. It's been over a month since I applied. I'm complete irritated by this companies lack of communication during the interview process.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Good at home interview. Complete online assessments. Finished online video interview. Was invited in for an in person interview that went great. Said they would have an offer for me the following week. Then sent me a generic email stating that they are looking at other candidates. Unsure where the confusion came from. Met with multiple of their "Senior" advisers and we all seemed to get along great. Everyone seemed very excited about the fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to learn from failure.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

This company is interviewing "candidates" as a study, not for actual job openings.

As per the other reviews, great interview then left hanging with no respect.

After back and forth misguided emails on assessments, I was asked to come in for an interview and take yet another assessment. Went very well with positive feedback and a promise to contact me soon. Followed up and eventually after 7 weeks, received an email from HR who briefly spoke of how great it was to meet me -even though I did not meet this individual. They also spelled my name wrong twice in the email. I declined, stating my actual name.

All of this and the other reviews, in my professional HR opinion, leads me to believe this company is in transition of training their recruitment team. They speak about growth, which is true, meaning they are trying to develop their recruitment department by having "mock interviews". This means the company is practicing their processes on candidates, who in fact are not candidates at all and there are actually no real roles to fill. Though shameful and shady, this practice does exist as a means for a growing company to work out quirks within their recruitment. This would explain the disconnect from candidates, the interview questions related to "How would you improve our company and what is your feedback on the interview process?" opposed to questions related to experience and interests. This also explains the lack of recruitment skills as their department is entry-level. I truly hope this helps future candidates avoid being a part of the study as this is a major waste of time when companies execute this strategy... however if you are needing interview experience it would be a great way to practice on their company as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you critique our recruitment process? Have you enjoyed it thus far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altisource in February 2017.

Interview

Altisource needs to improve their recruiting process. I received an invitation​ to take an assessment after I applied. I do not like taking assessments, but I took it anyways. Then I was selected for one-way video interview. The Global Recruiter contacted me to set up an interview after I submitted the video interview. I gave him my availability and never heard back from him. I did not continue to contact the recruiter as this turned me off from the company.

Keep track of your applicants and respond back to them. Send rejection letters if needed! Also, assessment test and video interview before establishing mutual interest may be a turn off to many applicants.