Altisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

This company is interviewing "candidates" as a study, not for actual job openings.

As per the other reviews, great interview then left hanging with no respect.

After back and forth misguided emails on assessments, I was asked to come in for an interview and take yet another assessment. Went very well with positive feedback and a promise to contact me soon. Followed up and eventually after 7 weeks, received an email from HR who briefly spoke of how great it was to meet me -even though I did not meet this individual. They also spelled my name wrong twice in the email. I declined, stating my actual name.

All of this and the other reviews, in my professional HR opinion, leads me to believe this company is in transition of training their recruitment team. They speak about growth, which is true, meaning they are trying to develop their recruitment department by having "mock interviews". This means the company is practicing their processes on candidates, who in fact are not candidates at all and there are actually no real roles to fill. Though shameful and shady, this practice does exist as a means for a growing company to work out quirks within their recruitment. This would explain the disconnect from candidates, the interview questions related to "How would you improve our company and what is your feedback on the interview process?" opposed to questions related to experience and interests. This also explains the lack of recruitment skills as their department is entry-level. I truly hope this helps future candidates avoid being a part of the study as this is a major waste of time when companies execute this strategy... however if you are needing interview experience it would be a great way to practice on their company as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you critique our recruitment process? Have you enjoyed it thus far?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good at home interview. Complete online assessments. Finished online video interview. Was invited in for an in person interview that went great. Said they would have an offer for me the following week. Then sent me a generic email stating that they are looking at other candidates. Unsure where the confusion came from. Met with multiple of their "Senior" advisers and we all seemed to get along great. Everyone seemed very excited about the fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to learn from failure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altisource in February 2017.

Interview

Altisource needs to improve their recruiting process. I received an invitation​ to take an assessment after I applied. I do not like taking assessments, but I took it anyways. Then I was selected for one-way video interview. The Global Recruiter contacted me to set up an interview after I submitted the video interview. I gave him my availability and never heard back from him. I did not continue to contact the recruiter as this turned me off from the company.

Keep track of your applicants and respond back to them. Send rejection letters if needed! Also, assessment test and video interview before establishing mutual interest may be a turn off to many applicants.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

Met with manager, who was very knowledgeable and personable. Interview consisted of several questions and impromptu presentation. I followed up with an actual front line employee of them team, as she interviewed me as well to see if I was a match. Within a few hours of leaving the interview, I received a conditional offer based on background check.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience, what is the most single handed trait needed to be successful in such a role?   Answer Question

Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email within 2-3 days inviting me to complete the next step - two personality/reasoning tests. I was only ever sent the link to one, which I completed, and they invited me in for an in person interview. When I arrived, I was told to take the reasoning test again, but not to worry because I "did great the first time!" I never even took the second test, so I'm not sure if they were just blowing smoke or had the incorrect information. Afterwards, I had the actual interview, which was quick and pleasant. They said I could expect to hear from them by the end of the week.
    Over that weekend, I got an email from someone in HR congratulating me on making it to the next step, only it was the same email inviting me to take the two assessments. After informing him that I had already taken the assessments and had an in person interview. He apologized and said there was no further steps that needed to be taken on my end. I never heard back from them.

Overall, the interview process wasn't unpleasant, and the woman who interviewed me was very nice and professional. However, their recruiting process is a mess, demonstrated by them either mixing me up with someone else or making mistakes and couldn't tell. Even if I had gotten an offer, I would have had to think long and hard about going to work for a company that has their wires that crossed.

ELearning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altisource (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation to submit a sample project as the first step of my interview process, which I did. It was auto-rejected by a recruiter, but I could tell she had never viewed the project because o had created an LMS that tracked views. I then received another email inviting me to submit a project, which was quite confusing, so I contacted the actual hiring manager for clarity. She was very warm and professional and personally viewed the project herself, told me it was fabulous, and moved me to the next round, which unfortunately put me back with the recruiting department, who set up a phone interview. I prepared extensively for the call, but on the day of the call the recruiter had a brand new Elearning Specialist call me instead of calling me herself, as previously arranged. The woman was lovely to speak with and insightful about the company and position, but she was not part of the process, so it was a bit of a weird move. I was supposed to hear back within a week. That's been about two months ago now, and it's been radio silence, despite a couple of prods. I've checked in with the Hiring Manager since then, who was appalled that the recruiter had not contacted me back and seemed like she fully expected me to move on to the in-person interview. But I've still heard nothing. I agree that there is likely potential here, as the people within the training department were fabulous--but the recruiter I worked with, at least, was completely disorganized and non responsive. I would've been the perfect fit for this role, as I even have experience in housing, but I won't be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• My interview was passed off to someone outside HR so there were no official questions.   Answer Question

Junior Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource in February 2017.

Interview

Chaotic. The reviews here are spot on with the amount of assessments I had to take. My contact was someone in management, I never spoke to a recruiter. After months of conversation, they were vague about what roles were available. Onboarding? Recruiting? Wasted a few months with little to ZERO follow-up. On top of all this, they reached back out after they've decided it was "too expensive" to fly me out for a proper interview and said they would "get the ball rolling" so we could finally have a proper sit down. It's been months since that last conversation. Disappointing process-especially when there are so many people complaining about the hiring process on glassdoor, I would think they would figure out how to streamline the process by now.

Various Human Resources Roles Interview

Interview

I applied for Altisource via Indeed.com I received an email from the VP of Director stating that I would be moving along in the process. The first step was two assessments that needed to be completed within one 30 minute sitting. After a few days, I received an email stating that I would be moving along yet again-- this time I would need to do a one-way video interview. I would be given a question and had to record my answers via webcam. I was given an unlimited number of opportunities to respond to the questions. I completed the assessment and that was the end. I never received any communication to confirm that I had been selected for the opportunity or denied. When job searching, it's nice to have closure. Seeing that you are trying to revamp your HR department, that is one suggestion I have. Candidates like to know whether it's good or not so good news-- don't just leave people hanging.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest difference you have seen in hiring practices?   Answer Question

Altisource Response

Jan 20, 2017 – VP of HR

We send decisions to all candidates who complete our video interview; if you haven't received notification check your spam or know you might still be under consideration. Bradford Wilkins, Vice... More

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had to take a online I.Q. test where you had to use logic to figure out basic problems and puzzles.You had to fill out basic information about yourself. You had to connect your LinkedIn account to your profile. The online interview took about 45 minutes. It was challenging yet fun.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Like several posts before mine, the process starts with 2 completely irrelevant "IQ" tests. One is focused on logical type questions, the other is naming the next set of numbers and shapes after a group. These were actually pretty nerve racking because not only do you not understand why you're having to take them, you know there is no point to them, and it's all timed. But I did well enough to move onto the next step which was filming 5 online videos of myself answering questions. This was also interesting but you get an unlimited amount of times to do them. After that, everything went silent for over a week (not sticking to how fast they needed someone,) but then I got a message from a front of the line HR rep wanting to set up a PRESCREEN! You just put a candidate through 2 pointless "IQ" tests and then filmed 5 videos and now I have to do a prescreen??? This call was covering all the basics, it's like they didn't even watch my videos. I guess they didn't like what they heard because I got a rejection shortly after that. So at least I heard something quickly. Given the reviews I have seen on this company (constant turnover,) and their inability to hire anyone, sounds like this might be a blessing in disguise

Interview Questions

• For the videos:
      1. What position(s) are you interested in and why are you qualified for them? I had to repeat all of this to the HR rep during the Prescreen call so I was pretty annoyed
      2. What current trends are you seeing in recruiting?
      3. What can you do to enhance the candidate experience?
      4. Describe the previous "IQ" tests - these 2 IQ tests are POINTLESS and IRRELEVANT
      5. What is my philosophy on Project Management   2 Answers