Altisource Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altisource Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Interview

I applied at a job fair and they contacted me about an interview. It was a small chat, more of a personality matching type thing really. There was one small logic test, but it's on the level of an easy SAT prep type deal. There was also a meet and greet; yet another personality test. There was no technical interview, and I would be wary to work here. Light work load, not very interesting nor computationally intensive programs.

Other Interview Reviews for Altisource

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altisource (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter setup the interview. I had an initial 30 minute phone screen with an HR representative. Immediately after the phone screen I took a personality test (PI) online. That same day the recruiter contacted me to setup 1.5 hour in-person interview. This was scheduled for the following week. The first part of the in-person interview was a 12 minute 50 question Wonderlic test. After that I went to a different room and had about a one hour interview with three individuals at the same time. They only seemed to care about whether I knew the technologies they were working with. They did not care about any of my past experiences. They came across as very condescending. When I left I had made up my mind I would not want to work here regardless of any offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a merge sort. This is really the last thing I expected for the position I was interviewing for. It took me about 15 minutes and afterwords I realized I did not handle one case (they did not point this out, I realized it after the fact). The reality is I would have done better on this question if I was a recent college grad. This is a fairly easy problem that I would easily complete with 100% correctness in a work environment in a reasonable amount of time (develop, implement and tested in under an hour). I could possibly see spending time on these types of questions in a longer interview. Or if I was interviewing for a software developer position. But in a 1 hour interview for a software architect this is what they focus on? What about focusing on architecture experience? For example, how about asking about how I solved architectural problems in any of the past systems I worked on? Or ask architecture related questions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Altisource in April 2012.

Interview

First round was telephonic interview and next week was followed by 2 rounds of technical interview with Technical Lead and Manager. Initially they took me as contractor. After one year they made me Permanent Employee

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altisource (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Most times the interviews are scheduled by the recruiting agencies. Depending on permanent or contract positions the interview process sometimes varies. Usually the process has multiple rounds starting with
    1. Technical written test
    2. One to One technical ( at least two rounds )
    3. Manager round
    4. HR discussion and
     5. aptitude/English written test.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altisource (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR and 4 rounds of technical discussion and one iq test. they asked me to come for 1 -1 discusion. question were very basic and general. I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous work and some technical question   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation. direct offer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

15 minutes test for English and Maths 50 ques to be solved.
    Technical Round
    Managerial Round

detailed program which has been implemented in project you should be able to write program and explain in detail and also should be able to explain about domain.
    Hr round they will ask why you want to leave current organization and regarding innovative ideas implemented by you in project..

Interview Questions

• 1. Project description
      2. Tools and programming languages known
      3. questions regarding working hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

you can negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altisource (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and prompt. There were 3 rounds with technical panel, and another 2 with manager/director level. Interview process was timely and I was not made to wait for long time between panels. The questions asked were very relevant to the profile I was interviewed for. Technical interviews were bit tough but I had a positive experience and feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altisource (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

1.Cognitive capacity test
    2.Test
    3.Interview
    It was a nice experience over all. The interviewer was very supportive and encouraging. I answered the HR questions with confidence. Technical questions were also asked but they were comparatively easy.

Interview Questions

• 2 bulbs, 2 dual switches, what operation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through online. And interview process consists of aptitute and technical test. 2 technical round and one managerial round. Apti is normal and technical test has 5 questions. 2 are to write algorithm 1 java related question and last 2 is frm SQL(database). In technical interview they ask me puzzles and data base related questions. As i m the only one who wrote perfect technical answer so that was not diff interview for me. But for others that was big hurdle. After two technical interview they only select 3 candidate. And we r suppose to get call frm them for further round. They are saying that they have 4 opening. And we have 50-50 chances to make through it. But after 1 month they call us for final round and reject 3 of us. After waiting for 1 month only for managerial round. They rejected us. Atleast dnt waste time of us. Very disappointed.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altisource (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Intially they call for face to face interview. 1st round is of aptitude and reasoning test. 2nd round is technical and ask in depth question on core java , projects and java advance technologies like spring and hibernate. After clearing that you have to face manager round that was to check your development skills. Finally HR round.

Interview Questions

• Change your current developed project scenarios to make it more efficient .   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was smooth They have given what you will ask.