Altman Vilandrie & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

3.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, each about 30 minutes. The first 10-15 minutes of each were behavioral and the rest of it was a case interview. The second interview was mostly the case because they were running out of time.

Interview Questions

• Amazon is looking to expand into the deliverable grocery market. Size the market and cosnider whether this is a good idea.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR and 1st phone interview with Senior Analyst, 2nd phone interview with senior analyst
    behavioral - Just questions like why consulting? Why Altman? Tell me about yourself.
    Case - Not sure if that is how case questions are asked. Unlike other case interviews with major firms.
    They emphasize on structured approach.

Interview Questions

• A client is trying to enter consumer electronics market to introduce online video set-top box. What will be the demand for that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

On-campus recruiting led to a first round interview and successful completion led to an in-office final round interview. Final round had 4 cases and lunch included. Cases were on a variety of technology and energy questions and markets.

Interview Questions

• The cases were fairly standard and the personality questions were within consulting norms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviewing. First round consisted of two in person interviews on campus, both case based. Both cases were quantitative and asked to develop and/or analyze graphs. Second round was at the San Francisco Office. One behavioral and three case interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and helpful. Final round seemed relatively informal compared to other firms, in a good way.

Interview Questions

• What would be an effective strategy to retain clients for a telecom provider who only use telephone and not internet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I learned about the firm from a campus career fair. I applied through campus recruiting. For the first round, I had 2, 30min. 1:1 on-campus interview. For the second round, it was a superday at their offices in Boston with 3, 45min. - 1hr. cases and 1, 45min. fit interview. Each interview during the superday had 2 people from the firm.

Interview Questions

• A lot of telecom-related cases such as how to sell internet services to small businesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of case Interviews. Each round had two interviews each. They lasted for roughly 30-45 minutes each. They included personality questions. Overall Altman Vilandrie & Co is very helpful during the interview process and help you prepare so that you know what you are going into. Everyone seems to like working there , sports seems to be very important to their company culture.

Interview Questions

• Calculating the probability of winning at the craps table.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screening interview to begin, then a more in depth interview with to associates a few days later. Very involved process. If you use Case Interview.com or any of those other books/websites, it won't work. Thats more for Bain, McKinsey etc. They know exactly what they're looking for in their answers. If you are a math major you're in good shape.

Interview Questions

• What is the trajectory of people using Cloud computing from ages 18-65   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an initial on campus interview with two cases and a four case interview at their office. more quantitative than most cases, frameworks seemed to be less important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, which was a pretty simple case with a small quant component (calculating customer value). I passed this, then went to the second- and third-round combo day, during which I think I was a little too relaxed. Altman is a very type-A company, and they look for that kind of personality.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company.

Interview

1 Phone call from HR about general questions, eg. How do you know about the company? Why you are applying for it.
    2 Two rounds phone interview, including 30mins case interview and 15mins behavioral questions.
    They evaluate based on quantitative ability, business intuition, problem structuring and communication.

(My experience:
    The lady interviewed me cannot catch my math calculation speed but gave me low quantitative scores. Originally scheduled two phone calls one week ahead then just canceled my second interview after first phone call, no courtesy saying. I will definitely work harder on other interviews now. )

Interview Questions

• Q: Google wants to build a fiber optics infrastructure into the neighborhoods   2 Answers