Altman Vilandrie & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altman Vilandrie & Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was on campus through my university. It was two 45-minute case interviews which centered around the TMT industry.

I found the cases to be interesting, although it wasn't always clear what the interviewers were looking for.

The Final Round was in their Boston Office and consisted of a 30-minute lunch, three hour-long case interviews, and one 45-minute behavioral/fit interview (with a little break time in between). AV&Co employees were friendly throughout and made it about as painless as it could be for a 5-hour final round on a Saturday.

The recruiting team was quite vague about when notifications of offer were coming out.

Application

Interview

First I had an on campus interview then an on site interview. Both interviews were a mix of behavioral and case questions. Everyone I met was very nice and helpful. The cases were on the more difficult end.

Winter Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a first round, and then went to Boston office for final round. Interviews are mostly just cases with a couple of quick behavioral questions at the beginning. Cases were guided but involved a lot of math

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company.

Interview

normal case interviews - I had two cases via phone and then flew into their office in boston for the final round interview process. The cases were quite challenging to be honest.

Interview Questions

• They start off with questions about you and just getting to know you as a person and your background, but then they dive into specific cases just like any other case you have done before.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was a 1 on 1 phone interview with a current associate. The interview started out basic with behavioral questions but then moved to a market size/profitability case question. Knowledge of AVC is required as well as a clearly defined motivation to enter consulting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do consulting?   Answer Question
    • The case question was a market size and profitability analysis of CVS potentially stocking a 100th Birthday Card. How many 100 year olds are in the US? How many of the cards would CVS sell? Is it profitable?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus and was invited to do a first round phone interview. It was back to back, 45 minutes each, with around 15 minutes of behavioral questions and 30 minutes for a case study.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when there was a conflict between your group members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited for a first-round interview which consisted of two back-to-back 45 minute interviews, each with a principal. Definitely a mixed experience; the first interviewer was very enjoyable to speak with although he seemed very tired. On the other hand, the second interviewer was terrible, both extremely obnoxious and inattentive throughout the whole interview. Each interview consisted of a couple of behavioral questions and then a case within the TMT industry. I enjoyed both of the cases and generally thought I did well but not well enough I guess.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in technology? Give me examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard fit questions; e.g., "Why AV&Co.?", "Why do you want do do TMT consulting?" ("TMT" is "Telecom, Media, and Technology," which you should definitely know because that's the only areas in which they consult). Some other people have said the interviewers weren't very experienced at the interview process, and that was my experience as well: I had two interviews back-to-back, and one of the two interviewers wasn't at all skilled in guiding the case discussion along–so be prepared to take charge and ask questions if you don't understand. Their cases are also fairly quant-heavy.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a team conflict and how you resolved it; what was at stake for the team?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current AV&Co. employee and had a brief conversation with the recruiter. There were two phone interviews, followed by three in-office interviews.

The entire process was very smooth and the AV&Co. recruiting team was incredibly supportive. The whole process would have taken less than two weeks, but I had to work around my own work schedule for a final round interview.

Out of five interviews, three were with directors (or firm partners), including one of the founders. It was clear that people cared about recruiting from top to bottom within the organization.

The recruiting staff was also incredibly understanding once I received my offer. I was traveling extensively, and they were flexible with a decision deadline. The firm was very genuine in their desire for candidates to make a decision that was best for them, rather than the firm.

Overall, it was one of the best recruiting process I've encountered in consulting.

Interview Questions

• Fit questions followed by a case. Cases were generally unique and generated by each interviewer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

resume screening, first round interviews with junior analysts (1-year) on campus and then final round with three higher-level employees at the office; straightforward process, friendly staff; some senior interviewers will put you through stress test (which is common) but mostly a good learning experience

Interview Questions

• general fit questions (why AV, teamwork, leadership, work experience, etc) in all rounds; two 30-min cases on the first round and three 45-min cases on final round   Answer Question