Altria Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Three Stages:

1) Applied through my university and online on the company website.
2) Basic behavioral interview with company representatives at my university.
3) Panel Interview with multiple directly related representative to the position. Interviewed at Altria and consisted of behavioral questions.

Behavioral questions were typical in the first interview, basically want to understand your background and experience. In the second interview, the questions were aimed more towards the actual position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process for the sales and consulting internship was pretty quick and easy. I applied through my school's career services recruiting site as well as on the company's website. Prior to my resume drop, I did meet the lead recruiter and people from the company. About a week after I applied, I received an email about scheduling my first round interview which was just a pre-screening. The interviewer let me know right after the interview that I need to schedule my round 2 if I'm interested. Round 2 is a panel interview with a sales case. The case is pretty easy and you get ample time to work through it before being called into the interview room. The panel consisted of two people who asked some behavioral questions, a presentation of my findings and conclusion for the case, and then a role play. The interview for second round took about 1.5 hours. I was informed that I would receive a call or email the following week about whether or not I moved to the final round so it was a little surprising when I received a call the next day from the lead recruiter about scheduling the final round. The last interview happened about a week and a half after second round, and it was a 'day in the field.' You'll have to be prepared to spend half a day with your interviewer and a territory sales manager essentially shadowing the TSM. They'll get to know you a bit and will probably ask you some questions about how you feel so far. Be prepared to be asked to try selling to a retailer. Don't be scared. They just want to see you take initiative. After the final round, I asked when we would know whether or not we received an internship offer and was told that I'd know by next week. I received a call a few hours after my final round with an offer and accepted.

Clearly, the company knows what they want from their candidates so you can be assured that you'll get a pretty quick turn around in terms of knowing whether or not you moved on. The same thing applies to when you receive offers after the internship. I was told on the last day that they would like me back full-time with them so there's no awkward wait period. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (East Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

3 Step Process
    1 on 1 Interview
    3 Person Panel Interview
    In the Field Trial Interview

The final interview gives you a taste of what the role you will be doing for the 10 week internship is like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation who had with a co-worker, student, etc. how you solved the obstacle, and what the outcome was?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altria (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had two on-campus interviews, one for Brand Management and one for Consumer Engagement. The Brand team actually sent my resume to the other team because they thought I would be a better fit there, which shows that they really care about working collaboratively and sharing talent. The interview was pretty typical, they asked about my college experiences and what I wanted out of a summer internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in January 2015.

Interview

I went to my college's career fair where I became interested in the company. I then applied through my college's career website. A few weeks after, I had an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• Explain a recent advertisement that you saw that stuck out to you and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Altria screens their college hires closely. They want to make sure that you are interested in the company before they give you a call. If you want to work for them it is recommended that you go to as many of their on campus events as possible so that the recruiters get to know you. You then want to submit your resume online. After that they call you and setup a group panel to interview you, during the interview it is the standard STAR type questions. If you get picked up for the internship you then at the end of the 6 weeks during the summer will have to give a presentation to either the head of your group and their managers, for another internship the following year. Or give a presentation to the VP and their directors if its for a permanent job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to get a group of people to work together for a project that had a deadline?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria in November 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter through the career fair at my school and from then on I scheduled a first round interview. The first round was over the phone and I was asked STAR styled behavioral questions for about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview she told me I had received the second round interview which would be a case study, followed by more behavioral questions. The second round interview was with the same woman I had the phone interview with and another male employee. When I showed up to my school's career center (where the interview took place) they had two campus ambassadors escort me to a room where I was given a calculator and a pencil and 30 minutes to analyze the case study. When the 30 minutes were over I had to go meet the employees and present my findings to them. They asked me questions as to what I noticed from the study and then I had to do a mock sales pitch with the woman and pretend like she was the client from the case study! Then after the case study portion was over they asked me more behavioral questions. This round lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. 2 days later I received an email that I had made it to the 3rd round. The 3rd round was a day in the field where I drove around with a unit manager and a territory sales manager to see what the actual job is like. The first store they showed me how to do everything and the second and third store I was asked to try and sell their new cigarette that would debut next week. This round is typically from 8 AM to the afternoon. I was called later that day and was offered the internship!! Everyone I dealt with in the company was extremely helpful and excited about their jobs. My best overall advice would be to remain calm and confident.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you've analyzed data extensively? What is a time you've been in a group and you had an opinion that differed from the other members and what was it and how did they react? What is your least and most favorite class and why? What is a time you've received constructive criticism, what was it and how did you react?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria in March 2014.

Interview

Relatively extensive, three-round interview process. First round was basic behavioral on a small panel. Second round was a case where you acted as a sales representative and had to formulate specific recommendations to your client; you are given 30 minutes to prepare before the roleplaying session and follow-up. Third round is a day on the field. Each person I interacted with was extremely personable and eager to help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

A total of there interviews. The first is basic screening interview. The second includes many behavioral questions and a case study. And the last is a day in the field

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were in a leadership role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 round interview. First round is all behavioral. Second round is a case interview that I highly recommend you practice before hand if you have never done a case. Finally the third round is a day in the field with a manager.