Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

3.4

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

So far so good going through the process as we speak. I did phone interview, now patiently waiting to see if i get a call back. Hopefully I do. I really want this job.

Customer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was similar to most of the others posted in the review section. It started off with a 30-minute phone call to answer basic questions, progressed to a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in-person panel interview.

The panel interview lasted two hours -- one panel per hour with five people in each panel. The questions were a mixture of STAR and industry/role specific ones. Expect to be able to answer questions on the types of data you've processed and cleaned, software familiarity levels, brand strategy and research methodologies. Solid knowledge of Altria products can also be beneficial.

For me, I realized that they wanted someone with deep proficiency in data hygiene and analysis (SPSS and r knowledge came up several times in the interview) and that's not really my cup of tea.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you disagreed with a co-worker   Answer Question
    • Q: What volume and quantity of datasets have you analyzed previously?   Answer Question
    • Q: What methodologies would you use to uncover an insight the marketing team was looking for?   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you foster collaboration between internal and external teams?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a telephone interview with an Altria recruiter. Spoke with him several days later, and was then scheduled for a phone interview with two department directors. That call also went well, so I was invited for an on-site interview a few weeks later.
    The in-person interview consisted of two panels of people. Not having experience with panel interviews, I was a little taken aback by the format as it doesn't seem to be an effective way to get a feel for someone. I assumed that there would be a one-on-one discussion with the person who I would be reporting to as well, but there wasn't. Afterwards, I was taken to lunch by a few potential coworkers in the company cafeteria.
    I'm giving a neutral response because my telephone interviews with the recruitment office and department directors were positive experiences. However, the on-site process was very impersonal and required canned rather than thoughtful responses.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Initial phone screening asking about your work experience and STAR format questions. Second interview is panel with a mock sales calls where you are given 30 minutes to review and plan the sales call. Then more STAR format questions. No questions like the standard "experience or why you should be hired or what are weaknesses". Felt kind of rushed and like they were not interested just filling out the answers from STAR. Final is a Day in the Field. That was enjoyable because the rep was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were given constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

There were three rounds, with the last day being a "day in the field." The first two rounds were mostly behavioral questions. The main negative was that it was typically 1-2 weeks between each interview, which made the process seem long.

Information Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The initial application and phone screening process moved quickly and efficiently. The on-site panel interview was reasonably scheduled within two (2) weeks. The actual panel interview itself was excessive. In two (2) hours, I fielded nearly a dozen situational questions. The interview was extremely formal and rigid with a one-way dialogue. Unfortunately, it felt more like an interrogation; it would have been more beneficial to have an actual, two-way conversation, so both sides could learn more. The next steps were unclear, and, after more than four (4) weeks, I never received an update of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, all of the questions were a bit formulaic without truly being focused on uncovering strengths.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Overview of resume and experience and several S.T.A.R. format questions. Panel interview after that which starts with brief experience overview. Followed by three to five S.T.A.R. questions. As soon as you arrive you will be given a packet of information to review that is a mock sales call. You have to create your plan for the sales call and what information you will use. In exactly thirty minutes they will take your notes away and you will have to defend your plan and role play the sales call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to create a process to analyze date to make a decision.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

It was quick and it was a 15 minute phone interview. not sure if it went well not a not fan of phone interviews but they were very nice and answered all my questions about the internship and made me feel good about my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took leadership   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time your ideas were used?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus. Very quick Process. First round of interviews was roughly 45 minutes long. Asked a series of behavioral questions. The interviewer was friendly, and made for a comfortable interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Sit down one on one. I didn't get asked back for the next interview which was with three people and you had to answer some questions on the sales process.