Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

3.4

337 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria in July 2017.

Interview

Be sure to research the company and be able to explain why you want to work for Altria. They are looking for sales skills and data analysis skills. The panel interview includes a case study on mark ups,margins,cost of goods sold, and break-even analysis.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you sold a product after analyzing data?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a telephone interview with an Altria recruiter. Spoke with him several days later, and was then scheduled for a phone interview with two department directors. That call also went well, so I was invited for an on-site interview a few weeks later.
    The in-person interview consisted of two panels of people. Not having experience with panel interviews, I was a little taken aback by the format as it doesn't seem to be an effective way to get a feel for someone. I assumed that there would be a one-on-one discussion with the person who I would be reporting to as well, but there wasn't. Afterwards, I was taken to lunch by a few potential coworkers in the company cafeteria.
    I'm giving a neutral response because my telephone interviews with the recruitment office and department directors were positive experiences. However, the on-site process was very impersonal and required canned rather than thoughtful responses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Phone followed by a panel interview (case study) and then a day in the field with a rep. It's more being able to publicly speak rather than knowing anything.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem selling tobacco products? We are a. Dry controversial industry and you should be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Initial phone screening asking about your work experience and STAR format questions. Second interview is panel with a mock sales calls where you are given 30 minutes to review and plan the sales call. Then more STAR format questions. No questions like the standard "experience or why you should be hired or what are weaknesses". Felt kind of rushed and like they were not interested just filling out the answers from STAR. Final is a Day in the Field. That was enjoyable because the rep was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were given constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

There were three rounds, with the last day being a "day in the field." The first two rounds were mostly behavioral questions. The main negative was that it was typically 1-2 weeks between each interview, which made the process seem long.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions throughout. Phone interview, 2 on 1 interview, Panel interview, day in the field. The interview is all about selling yourself, after all it is a sales position. Be confident and understand the position. STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to evaluate the pros and cons in a situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Two interviews. First was a screening interview. Next a panel interview with manager, district manager, and regional manager. A lot of standard questions straight from the book

Interview Questions

• Figure out profit marging using the following scenario   1 Answer

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process was tough. There was one initial meeting with a campus interview. Next there was a phone interview with behavioral questions (STAR). After that, I had a panel interview with a case study. I presented my findings to the panel and then they asked questions about it. Last, there was a day in the field interview where you shadow the employees and then make a pitch to an actual store owner at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a deadline that was hard to meet.   Answer Question

Information Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The initial application and phone screening process moved quickly and efficiently. The on-site panel interview was reasonably scheduled within two (2) weeks. The actual panel interview itself was excessive. In two (2) hours, I fielded nearly a dozen situational questions. The interview was extremely formal and rigid with a one-way dialogue. Unfortunately, it felt more like an interrogation; it would have been more beneficial to have an actual, two-way conversation, so both sides could learn more. The next steps were unclear, and, after more than four (4) weeks, I never received an update of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, all of the questions were a bit formulaic without truly being focused on uncovering strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Took three weeks. First interview was a typical behavior interview, asked about past experiences and want your to answer using STAR format. Second round is a case study, it really isn't that bad you just have to be strong in your answers.