Altria Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Overview of resume and experience and several S.T.A.R. format questions. Panel interview after that which starts with brief experience overview. Followed by three to five S.T.A.R. questions. As soon as you arrive you will be given a packet of information to review that is a mock sales call. You have to create your plan for the sales call and what information you will use. In exactly thirty minutes they will take your notes away and you will have to defend your plan and role play the sales call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to create a process to analyze date to make a decision.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The recruiters were extremely nice and welcoming. I had three interviewers interview me but they did everything to make sure that I felt comfortable. The interview definitely felt like a conversation, and they were really interested in hearing my side of the story. Whenever I answered a question with a story, they kept asking more questions to what I was saying. It didn't feel like an interview, they seemed like they were really interested in what I was saying and involved in.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time that you worked with data.

Describe one thing that you're passionate about.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Simpsonville, SC).

Interview

Panel interview went well not a high pressure situation. Wanted to see how you would handle certain situations overall easy process but hard to exactly know what they're looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first process of the interviewing stage is a telephone prescreen which is normally conducted by a unit manager in which a series of behavior questions are asked.

If you're selected for the second phase of the interview process this same format is used. You are asked or expected to respond/answer in the SCAR format. The second phase interview is a panel interview conducted by three to four persons including other area unit managers and the district manager for the area in which you're applying for. The second interview starts with a case study. They give you thirty minutes to review and prepare for your analysis of the vase study. You will then present your findings and then role play as if you were out in the field.

If you are successful enough to get past the panel. You will be asked to come shadow a TSM. THIS IS STILL A INTERVIEW. You want to ask questions be engaged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you took on leadership of a project or role?   Answer Question
    • The case study was in regards to a store and wait their profitability margin would be. You had to calculate it. Suggest a better price and sell it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to plan or schedule things. How do you determine what's most important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

first was phone interview. second was panel interview with 3 managers. both used basic star behavioral questions. was given a case study at panel interview which was presenting a coffee product. overall learned a lot. was very disappointed to not move on and get offer.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Got the interview by applying to the website and was later reached out through email by one of the recruiters to be interviewed a week later. Interview was an hour long and very casual with going over the resume, behavioral question and one short mini case study asking what I would do if I had messed up placing an order at a retail store. Overall, pretty good experience and interviewers were very nice. There were a total of 3 rounds, round 1-behavioral, 2-case study, 3-field with territory sales manager to see how well you fit into the position.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Several different rounds of interviews including a panel interview with a case study. In the big panell interview you will be asked to answer a few behavioral interview questions and then given a case analysis. They purposely give you more information then you can process with the allotted time so you will have to be very smart and efficient to identify the important information you want to use. Also, don't be intimidated by their game faces during the interviewing. They want to see how you work under pressure.

I've heard its a great company to work for but I lost a lot of respect for them when they didn't even have the professional courtesy to return my follow up or let me know that I hadn't been selected.

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Oxford, MS).

Interview

First interview was a formal sit down, second interview was a panel interview, third was a day in the field with a Unit Manager and a Territory Sales Manager. The interview will all depend on who you get, however you have to adapt to the person interviewing you and their personality. Also be genuine, be approachable, have a sense of humor and personality. Its a sales position, show you can interact with other easily.

Interview Questions

• They want to know about experience. If you are in school don't give examples of projects everyone else in school will give those examples. Talk about part time work experience and how you balance that, extra curricular activities and school.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria in February 2016.

Interview

3 Rounds:

1st round: typical behavioral interview that focus mostly on gathering your creativity, analytical skills, and leadership.
    2nd round: a case interview in which you analyze some data for 30 minutes, then go through a role play sales pitch, and then they ask you a couple behavioral questions afterwards. Case was super simple, you didn't have to ask for any data and the role play only lasts 8 minutes.
    3rd round: a site visit where you experience a day on the job and assess culture fit.

Note: I just finished the 2nd round, so still waiting to hear if I made it to the third round, so I don't know if I got the offer or not yet.

Interview Questions

• When's a time you received negative feedback and how did you react? How has this experience shaped how you deliver negative feedback?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your schedule when faced with resource constraints?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were working on a project and felt that you wouldn't finish on time. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first stage was a panel interview I had at a conference and it went well. They are sort of tough, but make sure to think fast and on your feet. Prior to this, I spoke with a District Manager on the phone but it was more of a casual conversation. I am scheduled for the case study and then will spend a day with them in the field.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with a conflict?
      Describe a time you had to deal with ethics.
      Answer Question