Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Phone followed by a panel interview (case study) and then a day in the field with a rep. It's more being able to publicly speak rather than knowing anything.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem selling tobacco products? We are a. Dry controversial industry and you should be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Initial phone screening asking about your work experience and STAR format questions. Second interview is panel with a mock sales calls where you are given 30 minutes to review and plan the sales call. Then more STAR format questions. No questions like the standard "experience or why you should be hired or what are weaknesses". Felt kind of rushed and like they were not interested just filling out the answers from STAR. Final is a Day in the Field. That was enjoyable because the rep was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were given constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in February 2013.

Interview

If hiring on campus, there's a 30 minute discovery interview. During this interview, they cover items listed on your resume and who you are as a person. The next interview is a case study about sales/market share and providing a solution to the client. The final interview is a 3-4 panel interview with current employees in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result).

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Three rounds: over-the-phone behavioral, in-person behavioral/case, in-person "day in the field." The first round is with one person. He was very nice, asked a few behavioral questions and then invited me to a second round right after the interview. The second interview was a panel of three. First, I got about 30 minutes with the case alone. Then, I went into the room with the interviewers. They asked me questions about the case and I had to answer, providing proof of where I came to my answers. After the questions, I had to "role play" out a situation in where I was the TSM and I was talking to a store manager about their store. After all this, I answered a few more behavioral questions. I heard back on the third interview about a week later. In the last interview, I went into the field with a TSM and a UM to see what their day-to-day looks like. Throughout the interview, I was able to ask any questions about the job as they were happening. I got the offer about two weeks after this.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

There were three rounds, with the last day being a "day in the field." The first two rounds were mostly behavioral questions. The main negative was that it was typically 1-2 weeks between each interview, which made the process seem long.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions throughout. Phone interview, 2 on 1 interview, Panel interview, day in the field. The interview is all about selling yourself, after all it is a sales position. Be confident and understand the position. STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to evaluate the pros and cons in a situation.   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process was tough. There was one initial meeting with a campus interview. Next there was a phone interview with behavioral questions (STAR). After that, I had a panel interview with a case study. I presented my findings to the panel and then they asked questions about it. Last, there was a day in the field interview where you shadow the employees and then make a pitch to an actual store owner at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a deadline that was hard to meet.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Two interviews. First was a screening interview. Next a panel interview with manager, district manager, and regional manager. A lot of standard questions straight from the book

Interview Questions

• Figure out profit marging using the following scenario   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Sit down one on one. I didn't get asked back for the next interview which was with three people and you had to answer some questions on the sales process.

Information Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The initial application and phone screening process moved quickly and efficiently. The on-site panel interview was reasonably scheduled within two (2) weeks. The actual panel interview itself was excessive. In two (2) hours, I fielded nearly a dozen situational questions. The interview was extremely formal and rigid with a one-way dialogue. Unfortunately, it felt more like an interrogation; it would have been more beneficial to have an actual, two-way conversation, so both sides could learn more. The next steps were unclear, and, after more than four (4) weeks, I never received an update of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, all of the questions were a bit formulaic without truly being focused on uncovering strengths.   Answer Question