Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Altria Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

3.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Telephone Interview - no person, recorded skype; hope to make it to the next round. This review is just based on the first round. I will update post if i make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with your manager or coworker about a business decision and what the result was   Answer Question
    • Situation: you told the customer about a deal that would have a profitable ROI in 6 months. You made a mistake; it will really take 12 months. How would you approach this situation?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview and what surprised you?   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Rutgers, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college job search. The interview process consisted of 3 phases. The first was a behavioral interview that lasted about an hour. It took them about 2 weeks to follow up with scheduling for a second round, which was a case study about a hypothetical coffee shop where you must provide recommendations to the coffee shop. Again another 2 weeks went by and finally I heard back from the telling me that I did an outstanding job and that I made it to the final round which was a "Day in Life". I spend literally all day with them, 8am-4pm. They showed me what the typical day consisted of and I had to the opportunity to ask a lot of questions. I was taken out to lunch and obviously you have to keep in mind that the entire day is a long interview. The final question I was asked was "Are you willing to relocate?"

Now I am very family oriented and relocating was an option, however not to the middle of no where. (I'm pretty sure they only had opening in Kentucky, Kansas, and middle of nowhere Ohio) so I said I'd be willing to relocated anywhere in PA, NJ, Del, NY). I was not offered a job.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria in November 2017.

Interview

A lot of your typical behavioral interview questions and it wasn't too bad. Then there was the situational question and you had to make a sales pitch which was intimating but the interviewers were nice so again wasn't bad. On the last interview you go to two stores and go through the process of what they do

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you made a decision that your boss may have not liked or went against their views   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

The process is not too hard, you just need to prepare. This was my first ever sequence of job interviews and I spent lots of time preparing and ended up doing well. For the behavioral interview, go over the S.T.A.R. method if you have never used it before. Think of experiences and how to speak about them in the correct format. For the panel interview, review basic sales calculations (margin, markup, COGS, etc) and strong sales pitch tactics. The whole point of this interview is to sell yourself, so if you can answer each question confidently, you've got it.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Three phase process phone Interview , assessment interview and panel interview. Phone interview took about thirty minutes series of questions about the company how did you find out about the job and skills that you offer. Assessment test was a scan Tron test and booklet with multiple choice questions. Then there was a four person panel interview.

Interview Questions

• About job situations when you took charge and didn't work out so well.   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their web portal, Unit Manager called me for screening interview. After that I received call for panel interview. If panel interview went well they will call for a day in market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me situation when you had conflict with your boss using STAR.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

First round - behavioral. Second round - case study and more behavioral questions. You must pretend you are consulting a store owner. Last round - Day in the field, basically shadowing employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used outside data to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Customer Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly a behavioral interview. Focuses heavily on the S.T.A.R model and how you handled certain situations. The more detailed answer/scenario, the more likely you are to get the position. Have plenty of questions prepared for them. Try to focus a lot on the "people" itself that work for the company. This company puts a lot of focus on their people and want their potential future employees to do the same.

Interview Questions

• Describe an unethical situation you faced and how you addressed and solved the problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was mostly behavior questions and questions about items on my resume. Second round 3 days later was a case interview. 3O min to prep and then present to a panel of 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to go with you idea?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came to school for recruiting event and talked to recruiter then applied online and did video interview with several behavioral questions and then invited to final round for "Day in Field" in Atlanta where had to do small case study followed by seeing what the job entails by shadowing a current worker in a group of 6 people