Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

3.4

Information Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The initial application and phone screening process moved quickly and efficiently. The on-site panel interview was reasonably scheduled within two (2) weeks. The actual panel interview itself was excessive. In two (2) hours, I fielded nearly a dozen situational questions. The interview was extremely formal and rigid with a one-way dialogue. Unfortunately, it felt more like an interrogation; it would have been more beneficial to have an actual, two-way conversation, so both sides could learn more. The next steps were unclear, and, after more than four (4) weeks, I never received an update of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, all of the questions were a bit formulaic without truly being focused on uncovering strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Took three weeks. First interview was a typical behavior interview, asked about past experiences and want your to answer using STAR format. Second round is a case study, it really isn't that bad you just have to be strong in your answers.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Overview of resume and experience and several S.T.A.R. format questions. Panel interview after that which starts with brief experience overview. Followed by three to five S.T.A.R. questions. As soon as you arrive you will be given a packet of information to review that is a mock sales call. You have to create your plan for the sales call and what information you will use. In exactly thirty minutes they will take your notes away and you will have to defend your plan and role play the sales call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to create a process to analyze date to make a decision.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

It was quick and it was a 15 minute phone interview. not sure if it went well not a not fan of phone interviews but they were very nice and answered all my questions about the internship and made me feel good about my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took leadership   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time your ideas were used?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The recruiters were extremely nice and welcoming. I had three interviewers interview me but they did everything to make sure that I felt comfortable. The interview definitely felt like a conversation, and they were really interested in hearing my side of the story. Whenever I answered a question with a story, they kept asking more questions to what I was saying. It didn't feel like an interview, they seemed like they were really interested in what I was saying and involved in.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time that you worked with data.

Describe one thing that you're passionate about.   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Gainesville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

behavioral and hipothethical questions. Asked to use the STAR method. Get ready to explain deeply what you are saying. Interviewer was really focused on the results of what you have done. Researching the company is very useful to ask questions in such a particular industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you sold something, and the results of it   1 Answer

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online from the Altria Website. Within a few weeks I was contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a preliminary phone screening (30min). The interview was entirely behavioral. The next day I was called to schedule a second round interview onsite in Richmond the following week. I was contacted the day after the behavioral panel interview notifying me of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a brand you admire. Don't use Nike or Apple.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus. Very quick Process. First round of interviews was roughly 45 minutes long. Asked a series of behavioral questions. The interviewer was friendly, and made for a comfortable interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Sit down one on one. I didn't get asked back for the next interview which was with three people and you had to answer some questions on the sales process.

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Three rounds: over-the-phone behavioral, in-person behavioral/case, in-person "day in the field." The first round is with one person. He was very nice, asked a few behavioral questions and then invited me to a second round right after the interview. The second interview was a panel of three. First, I got about 30 minutes with the case alone. Then, I went into the room with the interviewers. They asked me questions about the case and I had to answer, providing proof of where I came to my answers. After the questions, I had to "role play" out a situation in where I was the TSM and I was talking to a store manager about their store. After all this, I answered a few more behavioral questions. I heard back on the third interview about a week later. In the last interview, I went into the field with a TSM and a UM to see what their day-to-day looks like. Throughout the interview, I was able to ask any questions about the job as they were happening. I got the offer about two weeks after this.