Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.4

SummerProgram Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process is rigorous with three phases after your resume has been reviewed. The first is a phone interview, the second is an in-person interview, and the third is an actual trial-run where you will shadow and employee for the job you would be performing. They will periodically ask you questions to evaluate how you would handle various situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you collected and analyzed data for a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was only expecting to be interviewed by one individual, but when I got there it was a panel of 3 for the first round interview. Asked basic behavioral questions for the first half. The second half was a situation based, which was quite difficult to answer. Overall the interview was more difficult than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Situation based question regarding how you would act given a difficult business scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

A total of there interviews. The first is basic screening interview. The second includes many behavioral questions and a case study. And the last is a day in the field

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were in a leadership role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altria (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview that I was not prepared for. I really should have studied the STAR method more. I wasn't prepared for the depth of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a complicated set of data that you recently had to analyze. What came of it?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in October 2015.

Interview

There are a lot of information sessions that Altria holds.
    The first interview is behavioral. The second interview involves you getting 20 mins to create a sales pitch for a coffee product and persuade a gas station owner to purchase some. Very casual, not stressful. Know about the company, they'll ask about the company's stock performance.

Interview Questions

• How do you relate to our company's core values?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altria (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus event, then interviewed the next week with a lot of behavioral questions. I interviewed a second time by having a half hour with a case study, then presenting my tactics to improve sales. The third interview was in the field, where I followed around a Territory Sales Rep and a Unit Manager, then went to lunch. It was all pretty straight forward. After going through the whole process, I didn't hear from anyone for over two months (which was pretty inconvenient) until I got the call offering me the position. When I called back to accept the offer, my phone call was sent to voicemail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a problem with management and the specific steps you took to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It begins with a one-on-one interview to determine if you make it to the next level. After the initial interview, you go to a panel interview. You will have 30 minutes to prepare a sales story. You are given a packet that describes a brand of coffee that you have to sell into a store, the packet also contains some formulas you can use during your sales pitch. If that interview is successful, you will have a day in the field to determine if you have what it takes for the job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions.
      Strengths and weaknesses.
      A lot of scenario based questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altria (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had two on-campus interviews, one for Brand Management and one for Consumer Engagement. The Brand team actually sent my resume to the other team because they thought I would be a better fit there, which shows that they really care about working collaboratively and sharing talent. The interview was pretty typical, they asked about my college experiences and what I wanted out of a summer internship.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process for the sales and consulting internship was pretty quick and easy. I applied through my school's career services recruiting site as well as on the company's website. Prior to my resume drop, I did meet the lead recruiter and people from the company. About a week after I applied, I received an email about scheduling my first round interview which was just a pre-screening. The interviewer let me know right after the interview that I need to schedule my round 2 if I'm interested. Round 2 is a panel interview with a sales case. The case is pretty easy and you get ample time to work through it before being called into the interview room. The panel consisted of two people who asked some behavioral questions, a presentation of my findings and conclusion for the case, and then a role play. The interview for second round took about 1.5 hours. I was informed that I would receive a call or email the following week about whether or not I moved to the final round so it was a little surprising when I received a call the next day from the lead recruiter about scheduling the final round. The last interview happened about a week and a half after second round, and it was a 'day in the field.' You'll have to be prepared to spend half a day with your interviewer and a territory sales manager essentially shadowing the TSM. They'll get to know you a bit and will probably ask you some questions about how you feel so far. Be prepared to be asked to try selling to a retailer. Don't be scared. They just want to see you take initiative. After the final round, I asked when we would know whether or not we received an internship offer and was told that I'd know by next week. I received a call a few hours after my final round with an offer and accepted.

Clearly, the company knows what they want from their candidates so you can be assured that you'll get a pretty quick turn around in terms of knowing whether or not you moved on. The same thing applies to when you receive offers after the internship. I was told on the last day that they would like me back full-time with them so there's no awkward wait period. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First a phone call, then you came in for a sales practice interview/panel. The sales practice was a case study for a fake business that was having trouble with sales and you were offering different coffee flavors. You had to gather information to present to 3 senior management staff members and role play with them.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from other recent graduates from your school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was hardly any negotiation because they offered more than I expected.