Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.4

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first process of the interviewing stage is a telephone prescreen which is normally conducted by a unit manager in which a series of behavior questions are asked.

If you're selected for the second phase of the interview process this same format is used. You are asked or expected to respond/answer in the SCAR format. The second phase interview is a panel interview conducted by three to four persons including other area unit managers and the district manager for the area in which you're applying for. The second interview starts with a case study. They give you thirty minutes to review and prepare for your analysis of the vase study. You will then present your findings and then role play as if you were out in the field.

If you are successful enough to get past the panel. You will be asked to come shadow a TSM. THIS IS STILL A INTERVIEW. You want to ask questions be engaged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you took on leadership of a project or role?   Answer Question
    • The case study was in regards to a store and wait their profitability margin would be. You had to calculate it. Suggest a better price and sell it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to plan or schedule things. How do you determine what's most important.   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was difficult but I had heard that before hand so I was prepared. They didn't ask a ton of questions but the one's they did were decently complex. I was told I would hear back in about two weeks, but I found out that they took some of the applicants to dinner and didn't phone screen them, and then offered it to one of the girls right after that dinner. They also didn't tell me that I did not get the position until 2 weeks after that, making it a month total since my interview.
    I got a good impression from the company after the interview but their behavior after felt a little shady and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used data in your real life to make a decision and explain your process of how you made your decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came to school for recruiting event and talked to recruiter then applied online and did video interview with several behavioral questions and then invited to final round for "Day in Field" in Atlanta where had to do small case study followed by seeing what the job entails by shadowing a current worker in a group of 6 people

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

First one phone interview, then a 1hr 30 min interview with simple case. If you get pass these then you get a day in which you follow a sales rep around.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Three Stages:

1) Applied through my university and online on the company website.
    2) Basic behavioral interview with company representatives at my university.
    3) Panel Interview with multiple directly related representative to the position. Interviewed at Altria and consisted of behavioral questions.

Behavioral questions were typical in the first interview, basically want to understand your background and experience. In the second interview, the questions were aimed more towards the actual position.

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone screen interview. The questions were very simple, all behavioral and about basic things about the company. Be prepared to elaborate on the examples you pick for the behavioral questions, and answer them in the STAR format. At the end of my phone interview, I was told that I got a second round and they'd email me shortly with the details.

The second round is a panel interview based on a case study. It also has a few more behavioral questions. When I got to my college's career center, the recruiter took me too a room where I was given the case, a calculator, and 30 minutes to analyze the information before presenting my findings. The case itself wasn't too difficult, just be sure to use the formulas they give you and be able to back up your argument with facts from the data and your calculations. If I got through it, anyone can. A few days later I received an email informing me that I'd be moving on to the final round of the interview process.

The third round is a Day in the Field interview. During this interview, you spend the day with a Territory Sales Manager and another Altria Employee (I had a District Manager) and you see what you'd actually be doing in the internship. This was my favorite part of the interview process. My interview was scheduled at a location about 2 hours from my college, so the company got me a really nice hotel room and they also reimbursed me for gas. In the interview itself, my best advice is to be as hands on as possible. They want to see you step up and be engaged seeing as this is what you'd be doing all summer. Be sure to ask a bunch of questions and don't be afraid to talk with the Altria employees so they get a chance to know you.

Overall, this was an extremely enjoyable hiring process and I'm so excited to be launching my career with this great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the first round of interviews. It wasn't too difficult--they asked questions like if you are able to relocate, and then they asked some behavioral questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, and the two people that interviewed me were very friendly. Slightly surprised I didn't make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you told a customer they could get a product for a certain price, but then you found out that price was much cheaper than you could actually give them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Storrs, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives at a university recruitment fair. I had two rounds of interviews. One was a two on one interview, which was standard. The second was a brief case study where I had to recommend a new kind of coffee to a convenience store owned based on information given. The third part was a day in the field, where I spent a day with territory sales managers in Worcester mass. This was more casual than I had expected, and they didn't ask me many questions, just gave me an opportunity to see what working there was like. Lots of situational questions

Interview Questions

• How would you behave if you promised a client one thing, and were not able to follow through on that promise?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

first was phone interview. second was panel interview with 3 managers. both used basic star behavioral questions. was given a case study at panel interview which was presenting a coffee product. overall learned a lot. was very disappointed to not move on and get offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 round interview process. 1st round was a phone interview, 2nd was a case interview, and 3rd was day in the field. In general, the case interview was not as difficult as everyone made it seem. They care more about your presentation skills than whether or not your actual answer was correct.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you sold a product after analyzing data?   Answer Question