Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

3.4

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone screen interview. The questions were very simple, all behavioral and about basic things about the company. Be prepared to elaborate on the examples you pick for the behavioral questions, and answer them in the STAR format. At the end of my phone interview, I was told that I got a second round and they'd email me shortly with the details.

The second round is a panel interview based on a case study. It also has a few more behavioral questions. When I got to my college's career center, the recruiter took me too a room where I was given the case, a calculator, and 30 minutes to analyze the information before presenting my findings. The case itself wasn't too difficult, just be sure to use the formulas they give you and be able to back up your argument with facts from the data and your calculations. If I got through it, anyone can. A few days later I received an email informing me that I'd be moving on to the final round of the interview process.

The third round is a Day in the Field interview. During this interview, you spend the day with a Territory Sales Manager and another Altria Employee (I had a District Manager) and you see what you'd actually be doing in the internship. This was my favorite part of the interview process. My interview was scheduled at a location about 2 hours from my college, so the company got me a really nice hotel room and they also reimbursed me for gas. In the interview itself, my best advice is to be as hands on as possible. They want to see you step up and be engaged seeing as this is what you'd be doing all summer. Be sure to ask a bunch of questions and don't be afraid to talk with the Altria employees so they get a chance to know you.

Overall, this was an extremely enjoyable hiring process and I'm so excited to be launching my career with this great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the first round of interviews. It wasn't too difficult--they asked questions like if you are able to relocate, and then they asked some behavioral questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, and the two people that interviewed me were very friendly. Slightly surprised I didn't make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you told a customer they could get a product for a certain price, but then you found out that price was much cheaper than you could actually give them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Storrs, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives at a university recruitment fair. I had two rounds of interviews. One was a two on one interview, which was standard. The second was a brief case study where I had to recommend a new kind of coffee to a convenience store owned based on information given. The third part was a day in the field, where I spent a day with territory sales managers in Worcester mass. This was more casual than I had expected, and they didn't ask me many questions, just gave me an opportunity to see what working there was like. Lots of situational questions

Interview Questions

• How would you behave if you promised a client one thing, and were not able to follow through on that promise?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

first was phone interview. second was panel interview with 3 managers. both used basic star behavioral questions. was given a case study at panel interview which was presenting a coffee product. overall learned a lot. was very disappointed to not move on and get offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 round interview process. 1st round was a phone interview, 2nd was a case interview, and 3rd was day in the field. In general, the case interview was not as difficult as everyone made it seem. They care more about your presentation skills than whether or not your actual answer was correct.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you sold a product after analyzing data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Penn State University, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first phone interview is easy. If you pass basic screening then you get invited in for a face to face. That interview was long and difficult. A lot of behavioral questions

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university recruiting website and got a phone interview. Next round was a 30 minute case followed by a panel interview with 2 employees consisting of behavioral questions. The third round was a day in the field to see what you would actually be doing and if it is the right job for you. Everyone along the way is friendly and the interviews are very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced a conflict in a group and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Three stages of interviewing. 1st stage was basic behavioral interviews 2nd stage was a case study and panel interview and then the third step was a day in the field shadowing and then interacting with retail managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a certain new product, why do you recommend it and how many would you recommend ordering for inventory?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Got the interview by applying to the website and was later reached out through email by one of the recruiters to be interviewed a week later. Interview was an hour long and very casual with going over the resume, behavioral question and one short mini case study asking what I would do if I had messed up placing an order at a retail store. Overall, pretty good experience and interviewers were very nice. There were a total of 3 rounds, round 1-behavioral, 2-case study, 3-field with territory sales manager to see how well you fit into the position.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was screened by HR via a phone call within two weeks of applying. I was able to pass to the next stage, and did a phone interview with the hiring managers.

One of the hiring managers seemed brash and disorganized, he kept asking me irrelevant questions. In addition, the job description that they advertised does not properly fit the post they are trying to fill. I had a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Q. In the initial screening call they will ask you if you are comfortable with working for a tobacco and alcohol company.
      Q. Why did you apply?
      Q. Tell us briefly about your research and why it's relevant?
      Q. A bunch of inconsistent and irrelevant questions from one of the managers.   Answer Question