Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

3.4

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me. I met them in a conference room and sat across the table from them. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. They first started with some simple questions where they wanted me to answer concisely. Then they asked me 4 or so behavioral questions where they wanted me to answer in the star format. At the end of the interview they give you a case, it was easy, and they ask what you would do if put in the same situation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a difficult group?   Answer Question
    • Case: You sold something to someone, they were very hesitant about buying it but you thought that they could return it no questions asked if they weren't happy. You then find out that there is a no return policy that has been implemented that you weren't aware of. The customer is not happy. You feel confident that the product will still sell very well. How would you handle this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria in November 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter through the career fair at my school and from then on I scheduled a first round interview. The first round was over the phone and I was asked STAR styled behavioral questions for about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview she told me I had received the second round interview which would be a case study, followed by more behavioral questions. The second round interview was with the same woman I had the phone interview with and another male employee. When I showed up to my school's career center (where the interview took place) they had two campus ambassadors escort me to a room where I was given a calculator and a pencil and 30 minutes to analyze the case study. When the 30 minutes were over I had to go meet the employees and present my findings to them. They asked me questions as to what I noticed from the study and then I had to do a mock sales pitch with the woman and pretend like she was the client from the case study! Then after the case study portion was over they asked me more behavioral questions. This round lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. 2 days later I received an email that I had made it to the 3rd round. The 3rd round was a day in the field where I drove around with a unit manager and a territory sales manager to see what the actual job is like. The first store they showed me how to do everything and the second and third store I was asked to try and sell their new cigarette that would debut next week. This round is typically from 8 AM to the afternoon. I was called later that day and was offered the internship!! Everyone I dealt with in the company was extremely helpful and excited about their jobs. My best overall advice would be to remain calm and confident.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you've analyzed data extensively? What is a time you've been in a group and you had an opinion that differed from the other members and what was it and how did they react? What is your least and most favorite class and why? What is a time you've received constructive criticism, what was it and how did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first stage was a panel interview I had at a conference and it went well. They are sort of tough, but make sure to think fast and on your feet. Prior to this, I spoke with a District Manager on the phone but it was more of a casual conversation. I am scheduled for the case study and then will spend a day with them in the field.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with a conflict?
      Describe a time you had to deal with ethics.
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

It was a 2 step process. I initially met company employees at my college's career fair and found them filled with helpful knowledge about the company. Altria held an interview dinner to meet with all of the perspective interviewees and answer any questions they have. The company provides a professional atmosphere with with a variety of perks including signing bonuses and a car if you take their offer after the internship.

SummerProgram Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process is rigorous with three phases after your resume has been reviewed. The first is a phone interview, the second is an in-person interview, and the third is an actual trial-run where you will shadow and employee for the job you would be performing. They will periodically ask you questions to evaluate how you would handle various situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you collected and analyzed data for a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was only expecting to be interviewed by one individual, but when I got there it was a panel of 3 for the first round interview. Asked basic behavioral questions for the first half. The second half was a situation based, which was quite difficult to answer. Overall the interview was more difficult than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Situation based question regarding how you would act given a difficult business scenario   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

A total of there interviews. The first is basic screening interview. The second includes many behavioral questions and a case study. And the last is a day in the field

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were in a leadership role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altria (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview that I was not prepared for. I really should have studied the STAR method more. I wasn't prepared for the depth of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a complicated set of data that you recently had to analyze. What came of it?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in October 2015.

Interview

There are a lot of information sessions that Altria holds.
    The first interview is behavioral. The second interview involves you getting 20 mins to create a sales pitch for a coffee product and persuade a gas station owner to purchase some. Very casual, not stressful. Know about the company, they'll ask about the company's stock performance.

Interview Questions

• How do you relate to our company's core values?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altria (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus event, then interviewed the next week with a lot of behavioral questions. I interviewed a second time by having a half hour with a case study, then presenting my tactics to improve sales. The third interview was in the field, where I followed around a Territory Sales Rep and a Unit Manager, then went to lunch. It was all pretty straight forward. After going through the whole process, I didn't hear from anyone for over two months (which was pretty inconvenient) until I got the call offering me the position. When I called back to accept the offer, my phone call was sent to voicemail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a problem with management and the specific steps you took to resolve the issue   Answer Question