Altria Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Sales Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.5

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Took three weeks. First interview was a typical behavior interview, asked about past experiences and want your to answer using STAR format. Second round is a case study, it really isn't that bad you just have to be strong in your answers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus. Very quick Process. First round of interviews was roughly 45 minutes long. Asked a series of behavioral questions. The interviewer was friendly, and made for a comfortable interview.

Sales Interview

Interview

1st round phone interview. All behavioral questions aimed at getting to know you and how you would fit at the company. Very nice and helpful recruiter willing to answer any follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your previous employer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the first round of interviews. It wasn't too difficult--they asked questions like if you are able to relocate, and then they asked some behavioral questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, and the two people that interviewed me were very friendly. Slightly surprised I didn't make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you told a customer they could get a product for a certain price, but then you found out that price was much cheaper than you could actually give them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Storrs, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Met representatives at a university recruitment fair. I had two rounds of interviews. One was a two on one interview, which was standard. The second was a brief case study where I had to recommend a new kind of coffee to a convenience store owned based on information given. The third part was a day in the field, where I spent a day with territory sales managers in Worcester mass. This was more casual than I had expected, and they didn't ask me many questions, just gave me an opportunity to see what working there was like. Lots of situational questions

Interview Questions

• How would you behave if you promised a client one thing, and were not able to follow through on that promise?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Process so far has been 3 steps:
    Met with on campus recruiter at involement fair, and showed great interest

Phone interview for about 45-60 minutes which were normal STAR behavior based

Next round is a panel interview

Interview Questions

• Named a time you created a new system for the betterment of yourself or organizaiton, what was it and how did it changes things   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

30 Minute Behavior Interview for the first round interview after applying through campus job site and then Second Round 1 hour Case and 30 minute behavioral interview where you had to be a mock sales rep pitching to a store owner.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

It was a 2 step process. I initially met company employees at my college's career fair and found them filled with helpful knowledge about the company. Altria held an interview dinner to meet with all of the perspective interviewees and answer any questions they have. The company provides a professional atmosphere with with a variety of perks including signing bonuses and a car if you take their offer after the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

three rounds with the first being a basic 2:1 behavioral interview. They asked a lot about my resume and what I had accomplished in my years at my school. Then they asked about my future goals and ideal company. They were interested in my involvement and wanted to know about my interests as well

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to work as a team and what was your role   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

I met with a recruiter multiple times at 2-3 different job fairs at my school. I made sure to reach out through email and linkedin. I applied through my schools job network and was offered an on-campus interview.

The first interview was mostly behavioral questions with two reps, who asked I use the STAR method. Very basic questions and they seemed to like me very much.

I was invited for another campus interview the next day for a case study/role-play. They brought me into a room with a few page packet about a case study with coffee. you were told you would have 30 minutes to analyze the data and pitch to supermarket owner why they should sell your coffee at a lower price then the one they were already selling at (they were selling much above the average). They give you A LOT of information, sales data, and formulas.

When you come into the room there are 3 reps sitting there (2 from yesterday) and they are asking you how you came up with your data. BE SURE TO USE THE FORMULAS THEY GAVE YOU, and talk a lot about the calculations you made and how you got to them. Be sure to identify a clear approach as to how you will pitch it to the supermarket owner. they allow you use the notes you made and go through the packet as you talk to them, but not as you participate in the role-play. It is very easy to get tripped off because the rep acting as the supermarket owner is very persistent in his ways. They want to see how good of a negotiator you are and how you deal with clients.

Don't get too hooked on all the wording. Use the formulas and come up with numbers. Brush up on sales strategies and understand how to utilize sales data efficiently.

Interview Questions

• What was your approach to getting SuperMarket to sell your coffee at a lower price.   Answer Question