Altria Summer Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

3.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Three rounds: over-the-phone behavioral, in-person behavioral/case, in-person "day in the field." The first round is with one person. He was very nice, asked a few behavioral questions and then invited me to a second round right after the interview. The second interview was a panel of three. First, I got about 30 minutes with the case alone. Then, I went into the room with the interviewers. They asked me questions about the case and I had to answer, providing proof of where I came to my answers. After the questions, I had to "role play" out a situation in where I was the TSM and I was talking to a store manager about their store. After all this, I answered a few more behavioral questions. I heard back on the third interview about a week later. In the last interview, I went into the field with a TSM and a UM to see what their day-to-day looks like. Throughout the interview, I was able to ask any questions about the job as they were happening. I got the offer about two weeks after this.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone screen interview. The questions were very simple, all behavioral and about basic things about the company. Be prepared to elaborate on the examples you pick for the behavioral questions, and answer them in the STAR format. At the end of my phone interview, I was told that I got a second round and they'd email me shortly with the details.

The second round is a panel interview based on a case study. It also has a few more behavioral questions. When I got to my college's career center, the recruiter took me too a room where I was given the case, a calculator, and 30 minutes to analyze the information before presenting my findings. The case itself wasn't too difficult, just be sure to use the formulas they give you and be able to back up your argument with facts from the data and your calculations. If I got through it, anyone can. A few days later I received an email informing me that I'd be moving on to the final round of the interview process.

The third round is a Day in the Field interview. During this interview, you spend the day with a Territory Sales Manager and another Altria Employee (I had a District Manager) and you see what you'd actually be doing in the internship. This was my favorite part of the interview process. My interview was scheduled at a location about 2 hours from my college, so the company got me a really nice hotel room and they also reimbursed me for gas. In the interview itself, my best advice is to be as hands on as possible. They want to see you step up and be engaged seeing as this is what you'd be doing all summer. Be sure to ask a bunch of questions and don't be afraid to talk with the Altria employees so they get a chance to know you.

Overall, this was an extremely enjoyable hiring process and I'm so excited to be launching my career with this great company.

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Three stage interview. First included behavioral questions in the S-situation, T-task at hand, A-action, R-result format. Second included case study where you needed to calculate penny profit, margin and break even and use it to support the case study, then role play it. Also, a few more behavioral questions. Last round was a day in the field where you got to see what you would be doing and try it out for yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to prioritize and use time management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altria (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First interview consists of basic behavioral questions. Second round interview they give you a case study to analyze for 30 minutes before presenting it to a panel of 3 Altria employees. Third and final round they take you into the field to see what a typical day is like for territory sales manager. Typically if you make it to the final round you're likely to receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to analyze data   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you failed/made a mistake   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had a different opinion than the team or group you were working with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me. I met them in a conference room and sat across the table from them. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. They first started with some simple questions where they wanted me to answer concisely. Then they asked me 4 or so behavioral questions where they wanted me to answer in the star format. At the end of the interview they give you a case, it was easy, and they ask what you would do if put in the same situation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a difficult group?   Answer Question
    • Case: You sold something to someone, they were very hesitant about buying it but you thought that they could return it no questions asked if they weren't happy. You then find out that there is a no return policy that has been implemented that you weren't aware of. The customer is not happy. You feel confident that the product will still sell very well. How would you handle this?   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Interview

very nice interviewer. She was friendly throughout the entire interview and very helpful in guiding me through the interview process. Know your STAR format. Good experience. Went to externship-amazing advice!

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute interview consisted pretty basic questions nothing that extremely caught me off guard. Was not really interested in the company and pretty much went to practice interviewing skills. Tobacco was not an industry I do not want to get involved in.

Interview Questions

• They give you a situation of a customer who wants to return a product that you just sold them but you can't take them back because of a new company policy. Explain how you would handle the client   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy, there are two interviews that you have to get through, step one is just a basic interview where they ask you questions about your personality. Also during this interview they give you a very easy case study that makes you apply basic math and a general sales pitch. Do a little reading before about the company and how they like you to approach sale pitches and you should be just fine. Step 2 is basically a day in the field. If you get to this point you unless you commit a serious mistake you have the job.

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a University info session, completed the online application and then had a phone screening interview. Was invited to an in person interview with 2 Sales Managers. Interview was mostly behavioral in nature with a lot focused on how you work on your own and take initiative. Interviewers were very upfront about wanting to hear responses to their questions using the STAR format and were taking notes based upon that.

Interview Questions

• What is an idea you had in one position you held that you carried over and enacted in another position?   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at my school's career fair and attended their info session. I submitted my resume and cover letter online. They contacted me about a week later for an interview. The first round was over the phone, reviewing my resume and asking behavioral/situational questions. The second round involved more behavioral questions and a sales case, where I had 30 minutes to analyze data then create a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. They asked a lot of them and I had trouble coming up with examples. The sales case is data heavy - you have to be able to sort out the irrelevant vs. relevant data   1 Answer