Altria Summer Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Summer Sales Interview Questions

3.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Auburn, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me. I met them in a conference room and sat across the table from them. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. They first started with some simple questions where they wanted me to answer concisely. Then they asked me 4 or so behavioral questions where they wanted me to answer in the star format. At the end of the interview they give you a case, it was easy, and they ask what you would do if put in the same situation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a difficult group?   Answer Question
  • Case: You sold something to someone, they were very hesitant about buying it but you thought that they could return it no questions asked if they weren't happy. You then find out that there is a no return policy that has been implemented that you weren't aware of. The customer is not happy. You feel confident that the product will still sell very well. How would you handle this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Summer Sales Interview

Interview

very nice interviewer. She was friendly throughout the entire interview and very helpful in guiding me through the interview process. Know your STAR format. Good experience. Went to externship-amazing advice!

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute interview consisted pretty basic questions nothing that extremely caught me off guard. Was not really interested in the company and pretty much went to practice interviewing skills. Tobacco was not an industry I do not want to get involved in.

Interview Questions

• They give you a situation of a customer who wants to return a product that you just sold them but you can't take them back because of a new company policy. Explain how you would handle the client   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a University info session, completed the online application and then had a phone screening interview. Was invited to an in person interview with 2 Sales Managers. Interview was mostly behavioral in nature with a lot focused on how you work on your own and take initiative. Interviewers were very upfront about wanting to hear responses to their questions using the STAR format and were taking notes based upon that.

Interview Questions

• What is an idea you had in one position you held that you carried over and enacted in another position?   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at my school's career fair and attended their info session. I submitted my resume and cover letter online. They contacted me about a week later for an interview. The first round was over the phone, reviewing my resume and asking behavioral/situational questions. The second round involved more behavioral questions and a sales case, where I had 30 minutes to analyze data then create a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. They asked a lot of them and I had trouble coming up with examples. The sales case is data heavy - you have to be able to sort out the irrelevant vs. relevant data   1 Answer

Summer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

It's a three step interview process, with the last step being an onsite introduction to the facilities. The interview process and questions asked are pretty standard. All behavioral questions. My first interview was with one employee and overall, it was straightforward. The second interview was with two employees and although they were very friendly, I got the feeling it was more of a pressured interview.

Interview Questions

• Say you are an Apple employee and a Best Buy manager decides to feature a competitor's product instead of yours instore. What would you say to them to try to convince them to feature your product instead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted through career website and interviewed at campus

Interview Questions

• Given a sales forecasting case with three products: cigarettes, black & milds, and skoal tobacco. Asked to forecast sales plan   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I got an interview with Altria, during a Leadership Institute with Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The people that work for Altria are very energetic, and love working for this great company. This made me excited about the opportunity of working for this company. There are three steps to this interview, 1:1 then you proceed to a group/panel interview, then lastly you get a day in the field where they see if you are a good fit with the job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to collect various amounts of information to come up with a solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altria (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

Initially I was preference listed by the company on my university's career services website, where I was subsequently given an interview on campus. I did the normal interview preparations (company history, structure, financials) and went into the interview feeling pretty good. I did agree to interview late with the company so they might have already chosen the candidates before I even interviewed. I think I was preference listed so quickly because they needed to reach a quota.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations or accomplished a goal.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you were under a lot of pressure and you surmounted this pressure.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria in February 2010.

Interview

Met with two reps on campus. Multiple interviews and questions.