Altria TSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria TSM Interview Questions

3.6

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. There are example questions on the website.
Phone interview - Panel interview - day in the field. If you get the day in the field, be sure you're outgoing, express a lot of interest and ask a lot of questions. They like to see your business acumen so if they review numbers try to apply those to the sales goal of the day.
Short math test is given, along with the needed formulas. Most question were based on margin and mark up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with questions about my background and verification. A few questions about the company and feeling to see if I had researched my potential employer (which I did and I recommend everyone to do so for any employer (sounds like common sense, but most skip this step).

The next interview was with a unit manager and district manager for that area. They asked the star-based questions. Just make sure you answer in situation, action, outcome. Then they asked a situational case study (What would you do in the situation of a store owner not following the regulations etc.)

The third interview is a case study. You have 30 minutes to overlook a case, decide the useful information and then do some mathematical business and analytical calculations (they do have the formulas). You discuss what you came up with, your ideas, and your basic sales pitch. Then proceed to use the pitch in role model format. They will conclude with more star based behavior questions.

The fourth interview is a day in the field. One will ride along with a seasoned tsm, district and/or regional representative. TSM will conduct several sales calls and then you will model and complete a few as well. (this is not a ride-along, IT IS AN INTERVIEW). ***Make sure you ask lots of questions and take many notes. They are looking for how you relate to the business owners and how you adapt to your surrounds when new information presents itself.They look even closer at how you are using the notes, points, and analytics you calculate, what they have coach you on, and what you have observed from the TSM as well.

Tips: definitely review the altria website information about the sub companies, watch the interview help video, review all the platitudes, values, culture, and mission statements to draw from during interviews.

*as if most know, but if not full suit is needed (women as well)

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to use analytics and calculations to solve a problem or make a sale.   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

3 Stage Hiring Process with District Manger, If you are applying for a position you should be ready to relocate. This is the type of position best suited for recent college grads who may be more flexible to relocating for a sub-six figure position.

TSM Interview

Interview

3 interviews including a day in the field

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Hollywood, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied over a month ago had my second interview still waiting to see if they are going to move forward. It took three weeks inbetween the first and the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They have you do a case study and they asked you to do a sales pitch to the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 2 weeks later from the Unit Manager. We had a 30 minute phone interview just introducing my background and experience. I was then invited to an interview with the Unit Manger and the District Manager which I drove 4 hours to get to and from. I was then invited to the 2nd round of interview where I drove a collective 7 hours to get to and from and interviewed with the Regional manager (it was supposed to be a panel interview). 45 min later I left and was told I should hear something by the end of the week. I never heard anything. I had another job I had to respond to so I reached out to everyone I interviewed with over the weekend. I was ignored and finally got a generic email on a sat. Never got reimbursed for travel and didn't get an offer. Awesome experience ha.

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 person panel interview, day in field. Know the STAR format right off the gate. The phone interview is an hr long, questions asked after answers and trying to rattle your cage. Panel interview is the same, specific questions about times you demonstrated "teamwork" and "leadership". Day in the field is the last stage, eat a big breakfast! You basically do all the work while the tsm, unit manager, and DM watch over you like a psycho mother. Awkward for the retail manager and yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time.... You were in a group project that altered its direction... A time you handled a chaotic week... A time you analyzed data outside of school... A time you lead a group... Why did you choose your school? What do you base your academic success on? Basically every stupid question about leadership, teamwork, and analytics. Sales pitch at the end of panel interview. No time to analyze, just focus on long term relationships and emphasizing our product is better.   1 Answer

Offer from a better company with better morals. Managers and TSM in the division lacked a personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

1) Initial "cattle call" job fair with brief get to know couple of questions such as why do you want to work with us, why are you a good candidate, and your background/any questions for the interviewer bit.
    2) Phone interview: tell us about yourself, situational questions (how did you handle so and so that was negative, we are thinking of changing this product -what are your thoughts and why), and a time where candidate can ask questions about the position, etc.
    3) Face to face interview -was with 3 people (future mgr and 2 HR? folks -none gave business cards or contact information?). Bring resume's as they will ask for it. They ask why you are a superior candidate and again ask situational questions, how you handled so and so, why, and the outcome. They also asked to describe a time when you studied data and put the subsequent knowledge to use...even if you've not done this, construct something and have a story ready as they REALLY seem to want this.

My final thoughts are that it appears that they are looking for younger folks with little or no "sales" skills/background that they can mold, which is not necessarily a bad thing -but overlooking someone a little older and seasoned in how to act in a social situation and in what they say and how they say it is a big mistake.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you studied data and put the subsequent knowledge to use...even if you've not done this, construct something and have a story ready as they REALLY seem to want this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Behavioral based questions , several interviews and written statement as a professional, also day in the field to acquaint with manager , after process , a couple of weeks when received phone call

Interview Questions

• Tell me when a time when you had to plan an event ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Pre- Screen- general questions, resume review
    Panel Interview- behavioral questions that need to be answered clearly and concisely in the STAR format
    Day in the field- you work with a TSM and sell in product, ask tons of questions and go to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something and how you overcame it
      Tell me about a time you had to analyze data to make a decision
      Answer Question