Altria TSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

3.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their web portal, Unit Manager called me for screening interview. After that I received call for panel interview. If panel interview went well they will call for a day in market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me situation when you had conflict with your boss using STAR.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria in July 2017.

Interview

Be sure to research the company and be able to explain why you want to work for Altria. They are looking for sales skills and data analysis skills. The panel interview includes a case study on mark ups,margins,cost of goods sold, and break-even analysis.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you sold a product after analyzing data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre- Screen- general questions, resume review
    Panel Interview- behavioral questions that need to be answered clearly and concisely in the STAR format
    Day in the field- you work with a TSM and sell in product, ask tons of questions and go to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something and how you overcame it
      Tell me about a time you had to analyze data to make a decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Behavioral based questions , several interviews and written statement as a professional, also day in the field to acquaint with manager , after process , a couple of weeks when received phone call

Interview Questions

• Tell me when a time when you had to plan an event ?   1 Answer

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. There are example questions on the website.
    Phone interview - Panel interview - day in the field. If you get the day in the field, be sure you're outgoing, express a lot of interest and ask a lot of questions. They like to see your business acumen so if they review numbers try to apply those to the sales goal of the day.
    Short math test is given, along with the needed formulas. Most question were based on margin and mark up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with questions about my background and verification. A few questions about the company and feeling to see if I had researched my potential employer (which I did and I recommend everyone to do so for any employer (sounds like common sense, but most skip this step).

The next interview was with a unit manager and district manager for that area. They asked the star-based questions. Just make sure you answer in situation, action, outcome. Then they asked a situational case study (What would you do in the situation of a store owner not following the regulations etc.)

The third interview is a case study. You have 30 minutes to overlook a case, decide the useful information and then do some mathematical business and analytical calculations (they do have the formulas). You discuss what you came up with, your ideas, and your basic sales pitch. Then proceed to use the pitch in role model format. They will conclude with more star based behavior questions.

The fourth interview is a day in the field. One will ride along with a seasoned tsm, district and/or regional representative. TSM will conduct several sales calls and then you will model and complete a few as well. (this is not a ride-along, IT IS AN INTERVIEW). ***Make sure you ask lots of questions and take many notes. They are looking for how you relate to the business owners and how you adapt to your surrounds when new information presents itself.They look even closer at how you are using the notes, points, and analytics you calculate, what they have coach you on, and what you have observed from the TSM as well.

Tips: definitely review the altria website information about the sub companies, watch the interview help video, review all the platitudes, values, culture, and mission statements to draw from during interviews.

*as if most know, but if not full suit is needed (women as well)

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to use analytics and calculations to solve a problem or make a sale.   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

3 Stage Hiring Process with District Manger, If you are applying for a position you should be ready to relocate. This is the type of position best suited for recent college grads who may be more flexible to relocating for a sub-six figure position.

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Hollywood, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied over a month ago had my second interview still waiting to see if they are going to move forward. It took three weeks inbetween the first and the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They have you do a case study and they asked you to do a sales pitch to the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

TSM Interview

Interview

3 interviews including a day in the field

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 2 weeks later from the Unit Manager. We had a 30 minute phone interview just introducing my background and experience. I was then invited to an interview with the Unit Manger and the District Manager which I drove 4 hours to get to and from. I was then invited to the 2nd round of interview where I drove a collective 7 hours to get to and from and interviewed with the Regional manager (it was supposed to be a panel interview). 45 min later I left and was told I should hear something by the end of the week. I never heard anything. I had another job I had to respond to so I reached out to everyone I interviewed with over the weekend. I was ignored and finally got a generic email on a sat. Never got reimbursed for travel and didn't get an offer. Awesome experience ha.