Altria Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

3.4

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Telephone Interview - no person, recorded skype; hope to make it to the next round. This review is just based on the first round. I will update post if i make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with your manager or coworker about a business decision and what the result was   Answer Question
  • Situation: you told the customer about a deal that would have a profitable ROI in 6 months. You made a mistake; it will really take 12 months. How would you approach this situation?   Answer Question
  • How did you prepare for this interview and what surprised you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

The process is not too hard, you just need to prepare. This was my first ever sequence of job interviews and I spent lots of time preparing and ended up doing well. For the behavioral interview, go over the S.T.A.R. method if you have never used it before. Think of experiences and how to speak about them in the correct format. For the panel interview, review basic sales calculations (margin, markup, COGS, etc) and strong sales pitch tactics. The whole point of this interview is to sell yourself, so if you can answer each question confidently, you've got it.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria in November 2017.

Interview

A lot of your typical behavioral interview questions and it wasn't too bad. Then there was the situational question and you had to make a sales pitch which was intimating but the interviewers were nice so again wasn't bad. On the last interview you go to two stores and go through the process of what they do

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you made a decision that your boss may have not liked or went against their views   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I am currently interviewing right now. I completed the Phone Screening Interview (10/5/2017). If I get selected to move forward I will do a panel interview. If I get selected after that I will be selected to a day in the life interview.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had that would prepare you for the tsm role?
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with a manager and explain to me why you think you were right?
      Tell me about a time you analyzed data in order to come to a decision?
      In your previous experience in consulting what did you think was a strength about being a consultant and what was a weakness.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Phone followed by a panel interview (case study) and then a day in the field with a rep. It's more being able to publicly speak rather than knowing anything.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem selling tobacco products? We are a. Dry controversial industry and you should be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Initial phone screening asking about your work experience and STAR format questions. Second interview is panel with a mock sales calls where you are given 30 minutes to review and plan the sales call. Then more STAR format questions. No questions like the standard "experience or why you should be hired or what are weaknesses". Felt kind of rushed and like they were not interested just filling out the answers from STAR. Final is a Day in the Field. That was enjoyable because the rep was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were given constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions throughout. Phone interview, 2 on 1 interview, Panel interview, day in the field. The interview is all about selling yourself, after all it is a sales position. Be confident and understand the position. STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to evaluate the pros and cons in a situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Overview of resume and experience and several S.T.A.R. format questions. Panel interview after that which starts with brief experience overview. Followed by three to five S.T.A.R. questions. As soon as you arrive you will be given a packet of information to review that is a mock sales call. You have to create your plan for the sales call and what information you will use. In exactly thirty minutes they will take your notes away and you will have to defend your plan and role play the sales call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to create a process to analyze date to make a decision.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The recruiters were extremely nice and welcoming. I had three interviewers interview me but they did everything to make sure that I felt comfortable. The interview definitely felt like a conversation, and they were really interested in hearing my side of the story. Whenever I answered a question with a story, they kept asking more questions to what I was saying. It didn't feel like an interview, they seemed like they were really interested in what I was saying and involved in.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time that you worked with data.

Describe one thing that you're passionate about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Simpsonville, SC).

Interview

Panel interview went well not a high pressure situation. Wanted to see how you would handle certain situations overall easy process but hard to exactly know what they're looking for.