Alvarez & Marsal Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1 on campus interview then let you know the same day if you get the 5 hour interview at their office. Meet with a lot of members of the staff. It is all behavioral questions and conversation. They really emphasize looking for the right fit, but they seem very cliquey. I thought it went well and all the conversations were very upbeat and friendly; however, they did not offer me the position. The 5 hours of interviewing seemed excessive, and felt like a wast of time. It was very repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Accomplishment, Describe my resume, experience working in groups   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Consists of 6 interviews, with associates, directors and senior directors. Very casual and conversational. It's mainly them talking about the culture of the firm. They really want you to ask questions and engage in a conversation with them. No technical questions, mainly behavioral questions. They just want to see if you are a goof fit for the company or not.

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with a few (three) people within the department and was asked many questions regarding my work history and how I could best fill the role they were seeking. Very professional, and a seamless process.

Forensic Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very extensive. Interviews with every one in the group from associates up to all managing directors. It was resemblant of a super day at an investment bank, but overall, a great experience to learn more about the company and impress them.

Interview Questions

• Explain how accounting regulations developed the forensic audit industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. I had a phone interview with fit / behavioral questions. It was just one round and the process seemed pretty informal. I know that their full-time hiring process is very different -- so don't extrapolate from my interview for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at A&M?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was drawn out due to lack of availability by senior management. This should have been a red flag. You need to tell the firm that you want to be at the firm, this place is not for the faint of heart, or weak of mind. Buyer beware, seriously.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest professional challenges you have faced?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through university recruitment office and asked to interview. Initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then met with hiring manager, director and senior associates at their office. Questions mostly revolved around previous experience with financial questions thrown in as well. Overall it was a smooth process and they moved quickly with a decision.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. Most of the employees are referred. The people are friendly and the interview is very behavioral in nature. The best way to prepare is to know your story.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The person who brought me in was great. The process was relaxed and the people I spoke with were informative and honest. The problem with the process is that it took forever and trying to get a status update was like pulling teeth.

HIG Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY).

Interview

Group case interview

Interview Questions

• How many marbles fit in a 747?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none