Alzheimer's Association Event Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alzheimer's Association

2.5

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for an event coordinator position and had a phone screening with the event manager for that region. I thought our phone interview went well and they spoke as if I was going to have an in person interview given how they gave me details on how to get to their location. Discover my shock when I get an email that they did not want to pursue my application.

2 weeks pass and I get an email from a different manager saying the person that interviewed me the last time passed along my resume and wanted me to come in for an in person interview. Its a group panel, and the manager is 10 minutes late but Im still hopeful this will go well. The manager just wasted my time and everyone else since after talking about how I felt my skills and my goals were a good fit for this place that they didn't think I would be a good fit based off of my resume.

The resume that you had time to go over and make that decision before you had me drive 50minutes to tell me that to my face.

Overall, I had a horrible experience with this company, I have no idea what they want to do and as a person who has a family member suffering with Alzheimer's I personally felt this chapter does not even really care for family members suffering with this illness.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Alzheimer's Association

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First process was a phone interview. I seemed to have passed because the next day, an in person interview was scheduled with the team for later that week. I arrived and met a total of 5 people. Sent another thank you email and was told that I was being considered for another position. Great huh? Anyway, I was told that I would be meeting with the CEO because they wanted his input, thus 3rd interview. Instead of just meeting with him, I met with 2 other people included.
    The interview literally felt like an interrogation. Although that was the case, I held my own. At one point, he asked me "If you could work for any nonprofit, who would it be?" Seriously?? I replied ALZ literally 3x before he backed off and stopped asking. After that, I sent out my thank you emails and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks. I was finally told that they were "no longer looking to fill the position." A candidate shouldn't have to seek an employer out for an answer. Be respectful and get back to them. After this process, I'm glad I wasn't offered a position here.

Interview Questions

• Why ALZ?
      What other nonprofit would you work for?
      Do you get bored easily?
      Are you afraid of dogs?   Answer Question

Events Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

The process begins with a phone call to give an overview of the position and make sure you're really interested. Next will be another phone call or in-person interview with the Regional Director and she will ask situational questions regarding how you would handle certain scenarios. Finally you will meet with the Executive Director, Regional Director and Director of Development and be asked pretty much the same questions again.

Interview Questions

• The questions are really not terribly difficult if you have any event experience at all in the non-profit industry. I suppose the hardest was "How do you prevent corporate sponsor fatigue/event overlap?"   Answer Question