Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alzheimer's Association

2.6

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First process was a phone interview. I seemed to have passed because the next day, an in person interview was scheduled with the team for later that week. I arrived and met a total of 5 people. Sent another thank you email and was told that I was being considered for another position. Great huh? Anyway, I was told that I would be meeting with the CEO because they wanted his input, thus 3rd interview. Instead of just meeting with him, I met with 2 other people included.
    The interview literally felt like an interrogation. Although that was the case, I held my own. At one point, he asked me "If you could work for any nonprofit, who would it be?" Seriously?? I replied ALZ literally 3x before he backed off and stopped asking. After that, I sent out my thank you emails and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks. I was finally told that they were "no longer looking to fill the position." A candidate shouldn't have to seek an employer out for an answer. Be respectful and get back to them. After this process, I'm glad I wasn't offered a position here.

Interview Questions

• Why ALZ?
      What other nonprofit would you work for?
      Do you get bored easily?
      Are you afraid of dogs?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had initial call with screener, invited for a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, was invited to in-person interview with hiring manager and local staff. The hiring manager said he’d be in contact soon with next steps. Never heard from him, no further contact from screener. It’s disappointing that such an esteemed organization chooses to treat job candidates badly. I always view all job candidates as potential volunteers and treat them with respect. My view of this organization has changed drastically based on this interaction.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you changed “x state policy” to improve public health?   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online, 2 rounds of interviews

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied for a position and it took about a month for them to connect with me. I had an initial phone screening that lasted about 20-30 mintues. Asked me various basic questions about my experience and past employment. About a week later I was asked to do an in person interview with the person that would oversee my position. That interview was about 45-60 mintues. Again, background, getting to know me, personality check. After that I had a 30 minute group interview with a few people whom were to be on my team. More casual, getting to know you feel.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions. More about my background and experience and what I could bring to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

About a week after the rounds of interviews, I was called and offered the position and offered a starting rate. I countered back as I felt the pay wasn't right for the position. They countered back with their final offer and said it was all based on past pay from the previous job with a percentage increase and it wasn't really specific for the job. They obviously had a cap but weren't willing to meet that cap only go a percentage above the previous job.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a twenty minute phone interview. It was very quick and painless, the woman I spoke with was very easy to talk to. She offered me the position before it was over.

Interview Questions

• What I am looking to learn with an internship with the association.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was to the point, scheduling was flexible. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. I was not judged as a student, but a professional. I applied online and was contacted by phone to schedule an interview. I went in, had a one on one and was called a few days later and offered the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Casual interview. Nothing tricky. Had a phone interview and then in-person interview with two other staff members. Interview lasted about an hour to an hour and a half.

Senior Content Specialist Interview

Interview

There seems to be an extreme disconnect between HR and the hiring managers at this company. My experience dealing with the HR rep was wonderful during the process and she was very communicative with me during the process.

The problem arose when I came in for an in-person interview and discovered DURING MY INTERVIEW with the hiring manager that the content position was entirely web based. Nowhere in the job description or anywhere in the process was it mentioned that this was a web content writing position.

I felt a bit cheated. I have vast web experience, white sheets, KPI's, and more that I would have loved to bring along to this interview had I know the true nature of the position. The head of the department seemed just as confused and frustrated as I did during the interview. I feel like the disconnect between departments ultimately lead to what otherwise could have been the start of a great partnership.

I ended up accepting another position before hearing back about my candidacy for a third round interview. I emailed the HR woman to let her know that I was removing myself from the pipeline and never got a word back from them.

Ultimately, a unfortunate experience to go through with a company that I've idolized and respected for so long.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with web content writing and SEO?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Was called in for an in-person interview with hiring manager/potential supervisor, potential team mate, and office manager. Interview was pretty standard - typical behavioral interview questions, "how did you handle similar previous challenges?", "what are your software competencies?" etc. Hammered me pretty hard on the "do you see yourself here in 5 years?" question, which was a little disturbing considering the job was entry-level.

I was told after first interview that second interview was likely, therefore I didn't inquire about salary range as professional etiquette recommends waiting until second interview to do so (salary info was not posted on job requisition). I was then contacted abruptly by the affiliate's CFO (who I had not met previously) the following Monday morning who offered me the job and gave me less than 8 hours to accept. Salary offer was underwhelming and on the mid-to-low range of market value.

Taking into consideration that I was offered very little time to consider the position, negotiate a higher salary, and was routinely made aware of possible red flags during in-person interview (frequent overtime, overwhelming workload) I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

I was offered very little time to consider the position, negotiate a higher salary, and was routinely made aware of possible red flags during the in-person interview (frequent overtime, overwhelming workload); therefore, I declined the offer. Interviewers had strange obsession with the idea that the person in this position would be content with working 5+ years in the role - considering pay was low and workload was potentially overwhelming, I found it odd they weren't taking in to consideration that they were outlining the formula for high turnover.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

An employee referred me for the position. She and I worked together at a part time retail job. She passed my resume along. For the interview, I met with a woman that would become my direct supervisor. Three days later I met with the Chapter Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to be in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. They made an offer, I accepted.