Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alzheimer's Association

2.6

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Providence, RI) in June 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the HR manager, and an in person interview at the office a week later. I sent a thank you note to the person I interviewed with, as well as the HR manager, but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Second phone interview with area president and then followed with an in person interview with the area president. Basic interview questions and everyone I spoke with was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process consisted of a question and answer of simple questions as to why I wanted to be a volunteer. Followed by a back round check. I did notice that almost everyone on staff was Jewish. Though that did not bother me because I can work with any ethnicity.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected or difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Easy, conversational. The hiring manager, who was also my supervisor, is a very laid back person with a realistic view of the workplace. The job was explained thoroughly and I knew exactly what to expect. All in all a great experience; I have nothing negative to say!

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very positive and casual. Did not feel nervous or pressured in the interview. On the negative side - I did not hear back from them after the interview, even as a rejection.

Communications and Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Timonium, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Having taken care of a dad with dementia for 5 years, I felt I was a good fit to work for this NPO. I was one of 100 applicants for the job. During my interview with the local chapter Executive Director and the Director of Development, I was told half of the applicants didn't qualify for the position. I was more than qualified due to being a graphic design and marketing consultant for over 20 years. Additionally, I have a Masters degree in Marketing from a respected university.
    The commute to this job would have been about 40-50 minutes on a route known for deadly and frequent accidents. I asked if I could come to the office at 9:15 or 9:30 or work from home once a week. I assured management they would get at least 40 hours/wk from me. This request was met with rejection, and I'm sure it's why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being busy in the fall? The majority of their national fund raising events are September-late October.   1 Answer

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Honolulu, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied. Got a call from the ED who did the screening within 3 days. Scheduled an in person interview with Program Coordinator the next week (3 person interview). After we passed that, got a call to schedule a second interview with PC and his supervisor (Asst. Director). A few days later, I got the job offer and headed in for drug testing and paperwork processing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Job History
      2. How would I react if a coworker started gossip about office and coworkers/boss.   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process, spoke with multiple members of the organization. Had three interviews, each with 2 or more staff members, they checked my references before offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the Alzheimer's Association   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I interviewed over 2 days. I met with one person the first day. I met with 3 people the second day. Before the second interview I was briefly stuck in the elevator. Then the air conditioning was not working in the office. The interview occurred during May in Houston; it was extremely hot and unpleasant in that office.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior education, work experience, and what kind of job I was looking for.   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Dayton, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I walked into the office and asked to meet directly with the Development Director. After a quick 15 minute meeting, she encouraged me to apply for one of the Walk Coordinator positions. I sent my application, resume and cover letter that afternoon and was given a phone interview two weeks later. Upon the conclusion of the phone interview, I was invited back to meet with the other Development staff the next week. After that interview, I was again invited back to meet with the Executive Director and after 3 interviews over 6 weeks, I was offered the position because I had been the only candidate to send a handwritten thank you note.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a prospect if they turned you down and how would you turn it into a yes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no discussion of benefits or salary beyond the offer and the official letter. My naivete as it was my first salaried position was a major factor in this.
    I was immediately given another event to coordinate and no additional compensation, which was my fault for not asking for a raise due to anxiety that they would replace me. Live and learn...