Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions

Interviews at Alzheimer's Association

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Initial phase is a telephonic interview with the HR Department, standard employment and experience questions. Second phase was with local Chapter Director and was more in depth regarding specific skills and experience. Third phase was again with the Chapter, this time with a committee comprised of employees and volunteers. Focus was on work ethic, experience and compatibility with co-workers and volunteers. Fourth phase was with the National HR Director. Final interview was with the District Special Events Director.

Interview Questions

• How have you improved an existing program or event in a previous organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Direct. Salary and benefits were stated following the acceptance of the position. Very fair and great benefit package.

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in April 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and was told by the interviewer they would be back in touch with me in a week. Well about 5 weeks later I heard back from them asking to set up an in person interview, and of course I was ecstatic. It seemed like a great opportunity and I have a lot of experience that met the job requirements. I had an in person interview with two of the top people in the office, and it felt like they were attacking me the entire time. There was no empathy, no polite dialog, just questioning every thing on my resume or every response I gave. I have interviewed at well over a dozen companies and have never experience anything so unprofessional and rude.

That interview was well over two months ago, and after numerous emails following up with all three people who interviewed absolutely no one has responded back. I know "ghosting" is becoming more relevant in the job search, I just hoped with an organization with such a high reputation and one I respected would have been more professional and better than that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Very straight forward questions, nothing to out of the ordinary. The interviewer was very nice and was very passionate for the organization. Great experience overall. Started with a 30 minute screening and then an in person interview. Then was contacted for another phone interview and then was offered the position

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the Alzheimer's Association, tell me about your background   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was LONG (1.5 hours). They had a standard set of approximately 21 questions that they asked every candidate. There were 3 individuals in the interview panel - the Executive Director, the Development Director and one other. Each of them took turns asking one of their standardized questions. Each person in the interview ranked the candidate on a scale of 1 - 5 based on their responses. The panel then gave an opportunity for questions from the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please explain one instance in which you worked with volunteers and the desired outcome was not being met. How did you deal with the volunteer? What was the outcome of that interaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Call from National Office with 2nd phone interview. Then they walked through benefits package and made offer. They were open for negotiations on salary.

Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

After applying, a phone interview was conducted to get to know me. The interviewer was very pleasant and engaging. The interviewer asked relevant questions about the position and my resume. The next step was to conduct a face-to-face interview, which took longer to schedule than planned, but only by a few days. This was a little frustrating, but people do get busy and some things have to be re-prioritized.

Interview Questions

• What did you do with your time when unemployed (in college or high school too)?   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via emailed and an interview was set up for the following week. I met with the woman who would be my direct supervisor and then two other employees that I would also be working with if I were offered the job. The interview was very relaxed - all typical questions that you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations were asked in the initial interview and I was a bit thrown.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The process began with a Phone Screen, then proceeded In-Person Panel Interview with a Writing Test, and ended with an Interview with the Chapter CEO. They also did ask for and call each of my three references.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Not a memorable interview, discussed position and office culture, and impact the organization has on the community. Program Manager and Human Resources manager sat in on the interview. Was not as nerve wracking as i thought it would be.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview from applying online. I wasn't really impressed with the director or their qualifications but I was interested in coming from the for-profit side to see what it was like at a non profit. I did not feel that the person I spoke with was a professional but I felt they were very young and inexperienced even though they were a director.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement in your career?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, The first one was with a direct supervisor and HR and then the second one was repetitive, except with the CEO present. The process happened relatively quickly and took place within two weeks. The interviews lasted approximately 1-2 hours and each person asked specific questions on the panel.