AmTrust Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I only talked to HR. He was very nice. He told me that he will pass my resume to his manager and I should get a call back next week but I am still waiting...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmTrust Financial

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I went through a requiter that coordinated everything. My interview was only with one person and he asked me only a few easy questions. It was the easiest interview i ever went on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 employees of Amtrust. It was a technical interview, with questions on programming, relational databases, and sql. Many of the questions were about concepts within these topics, and they also asked me to write out some sql statements. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I came from a bootcamp so they knew our program well. It was a 2 hour on-site interview with 4 people. Lots of technical questions about how MVC, C#, webforms worked. Had a lot of fun answering the questions. There were no tricky questions and they genuinely wanted to see how you would do. Got an offer 2 hours after it ended

Interview Questions

• What was causing null reference exception?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I was met at the front lobby by my recruiter, who then told me to go to a different floor and that he was not allowed to show me where to go. I was interviewed by four people at the same time who couldn't agree on the correctness of my answer.

Interview Questions

• There were more questions about SQL than any coding language. Probably a good 20:1 ratio. That aside they asked what animal I would be as if that has any bearing on how good I can write software or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial.

Interview

Large Red Flags during the in-person interview with the Project Manager.

The biggest red flags were the answers to a couple of my questions, but the major one:

Who do I ask questions to?

Red flag; essentially questions and talking with the PM (the team's immediate boss) for advice, resources/ expenditures, or problems are forbidden.

In retrospect, I should have immediately responded by standing up to start to leave, thanking the PM for the interview and told them this position will not work for me, then walked out. Any one who gets a similar response would walk out of any interview regardless of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward problem solving interview for coding problems.
    Interviewer gave me the option to give the interview in VB or C#.
    I chose C#.
    There were some basic sql problems to solve.
    And finding problems in some printed code.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmTrust Financial in November 2011.

Interview

I came in through a recruiter. The interview process involved a few of their employees (who were all friendly!) asking me questions relating to the skills needed for the job and going over some examples together as a kind of test. It seemed like a good place and I left the interview feeling like it was a pretty good place with good people working there.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult or unexpected, just make sure you know the different types of SQL joins before going in!   Answer Question