Amadeus Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applying for a position which, in nutshell, should have been supporting legacy C++ code for legacy salary.
Stage 0: a chat with HR/recruiting specialist.
Stage 1: automated quiz on codingame.com consisting of 40+ questions ranging from "how do you get a pointer to variable: &v, *v, or getptr(v)" to "identify this design pattern" to "program a simple task in 20 minutes".
Advice: spend a weekend practicing on codingame.com to solve at least "Easy" section and read through at least Wikipedia section on design patterns: they seem to have some affection to this stuff.
Stage 2: chat over Skype with a tech dude. Mainly, about your past experience, no actual tech quiz.
Stage 3: onsite interview, as usual.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that prints the temperature closest to 0 among input data. If two numbers are equally close to zero, positive integer has to be considered closest to zero (for instance, if the temperatures are -5 and 5, then display 5). Time limit: ~20 minutes.
    // This is exactly a task from CodinGame's "Easy" section   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amadeus

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

I was asked to choose two of the test, either c or java coding assessment test, i chose java

First step - Assessment Test- was tough, basic plus and code writing problems.

Interview Questions

• Skype interview - Asked me to write a program to check whether the word is palindrome or not in java   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three-steps process for me:
    1. Short skype interview (no technical questions)
    2. Online technical quizz (one hour, about twenty questions with very different difficulty levels)
    3. On-site interviews (two 45-min technical interviews with team members, then 45 min general interview with team leader, then briefly introduced to department manager)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staff company, and set up the skype interview that week. It's a video interview, and I thought I don't need a camera, and failed to wear a formal dress. After setting up the camera, followed by a number of technical question on collabedit. Questions are all general technical questions. No behavior questions, no questions on the resume.

Interview Questions

• design pattern, memory leak, C++, SQL, reverse a string   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amadeus (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A waster of time interviewing this company. They don't know what kind of people they are looking for. They asked a lot of useless conceptual questions which a simple Google search can be solved. The salary looks below industry average. If looking for something in Boston area, you could easily find a much better job. Not worth to waste time here.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The worst hiring managers you can see anywhere. Recruiters approaching the candidates from Ivy league schools and then turning them down without any reason. Never waste your time interviewing in this poor company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone interview from HR, it lasted half an hour with all technical questions and no behavior questions. Questions are not difficult, just some basic knowledge of C++, as it is the main language they use.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR to setup first phone interview with manager.
    Went for around 50 mins.
    Still need to go for on-site.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience. Issues faced, how the issues were tackled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Okay.. HR calls you to set up the meeting. Then you go in for 1:1. Met with 3 managers all in the same division, but for three different teams.

Be warned that they hire for need basis to the teams not, for your best fit.

Interview Questions

• Projects in the past, but it's changed now to algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (Worcester, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted 1:1 with 5 Team Lead Engineers and Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is very friendly and smart. The 1:1 was entirely filled with technical questions on Java, C++ and SQL.

The office is small and has a mundane atmosphere. This is an R&D branch and therefore they are busy with product development. Hiring decisions are extremely slow. Overall, the interview was nice but administration could have been better.