Amazon Applications Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was Good. It was not very difficult. Operating systems related questions. How the internet works? What happens behind the scenes when an application is opened in your computer? Interviewer was very interactive.

Interview Questions

• How internet works? What happens behind the scenes when an application is opened in your computer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got an e-mail from Amazon recruiter regarding an application support engineer opening in Chennai location and I responded to that. One HR from Amazons bangalore office contacted me for face to face discussions and I agreed for that as I am also staying in Bangalore.

It was a Saturday and we 2 candidates were there for interviews. 2 rounds of technical interviews happened on same day each lasted for almost 1 and half hour and then HR told me they will schedule a hiring manager round next week. After few days I was notified about 2 more rounds of interviews of one hour duration each and it's video conferences from amazons Bangalore office. Second time also I went to amazon office and when I reached office HR told me today one hiring manager round only going to happen as the other person is already occupied with something else. Hiring manager took almost 1 hour 40 minutes and mostly he analysed my managerial skills with scenario based questions from my past experiences. After few days I got a mail from HR telling that last round of interview going to happen next week through telephone. On time the discussion started and he was mostly focusing on my problem solving skills based on real time scenarios and it was a 60-70 minutes discussion. After 2-3 days I got a call from HR and she was asking me to attend one more final round of interview as I haven't interviewed by any of my future teammate yet. I agreed and they scheduled it after a week. 3rd time I went to amazon office, it was also a video conference with a guy from US office and lasted for almost 1 hour 30 minutes. He asked me to write some scripts based on the scenarios given. And some normal application support and troubleshooting steps.

Almost 8 hours discussion happened there in total with 5 different people out of that 3 were technical and the process took almost 4 weeks and 3 amazon office visits. I didn't get any challenging questions from interviewers as most of the technical questions were based on my scripting skills, I was able to give multiple solutions to the questions as per their requirements. After my final round HR told me that you are almost done, hopefully by next week you will get the good news. But after one week also I didn't get any information and I tried calling HR few times, every time she was giving me some excuses. Finally I got a mail from her saying that 'the position is not matching'. I'm just wondering how they can tell it after analysing me for 8 hours.
    Amazon's talented employees took 8 long hours to prove that I'm not fit for their position. If my profile is not matching with their requirements why did they shortlist my resume and wasted my effort and time? Why the HR people thinking I'm not deserving any quality feedback after all I invested many hours in that?
    I tried to get some detailed feedback from HR, so that at least I can consider it for my self improvement but I haven't got any piece of useful information yet.

Interview Questions

• Write scripts to do multiple file processing activities.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager. He was very pleasant and we took things slowly going over some points a few times for clarity. He introduced himself, explained the process and then took me through it before allowing me to ask questions at the end

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took over 3 weeks. They first took a written test at Amazon center, bangalore. The questions were easy, it consisted of scripting questions as well as coding questions.
    Each round was an elimination round.
    The second round consisted of a scripting round followed by another coding round. Next two rounds were after 2 weeks, and was held on Skype. Both the rounds were again coding and they wanted to know more about the current project and achievements.
    The only issue is when they ask about current projects and achievements, how much ever good you may be with coding and stuffs but if you don't project yourself good enough with the current employer then they will not select you. The same thing happened with me, I could not project myself extremely good.

Interview Questions

• Print array in spiral form.
      Questions on scripting language - extract data until the occurrence of a vertical separator.
      Etc.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had so far couple of telephonic interviews. In my first interview, I had been asked questions on current work role, behavioral interview questions like why I want to change the job, when was the last time I had faced challenges and how I overcome d it...

Second interview of mine was technical , interviewer asked me follow questions :-

script program on palindrome, prime numbers
    what could be possible causes if the website is slow?
    How to figure out that the server/host is up and running?
    Puzzle to figure out how many iterations are needed to find out the heaviest ball out of 6 balls with same color, weight expect one which is relatively higher than the other 5.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Written Test
    2. 3 Rounds of Technical Interviews
    3. 3 rounds of MANGER Interview

Written test Aptitude and 7 Scripting questions.
    Technical interviews were tough (As expected)
    Manger Rounds (they will verify your attitude and learning ability)

Note: Never ask work-life balance question.

Because in Amazon there is no work-life balance. If you ask this question definitely you will be rejected.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process comprised of 5 rounds - I would rate it 4 out of 5 on difficulty.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2008.

Interview

It was technical interview with lot of questions from data structures and algorithms. Most algorithms, I gave only brute force solutions, but interviewer helped me with hints..and I was able to give efficient algorithms then. Overall, its a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Find if there is a loop in a linked list?   1 Answer