Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

A compilation of all the behavioral questions on this website.

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Strengths
3. Weaknesses
4. Why Amazon?
5. How can you translate your skills towards Amazon?
6. What experiences do you have that separate you from the rest?

Groups/ Leadership
1. Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it
2. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how did you overcome this conflict?
3. How did your actions in a leadership role increase productivity?
4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance
5. What is your take on leadership?
6. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how you overcame this conflict?
7. What kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?

Behavioral Leadership & Safety & Customer Service
1. Tell me about a time when you dealt with ambiguity?
2. How important is safety to you? Rank Customer Service, Quality, Safety
3. Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees
4. How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk? (not very relevant)
5. Name a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do
6. Tell me about a situation where you directly impacted customer satisfaction
7. What type of leader are you? Explain your leadership style. What does it mean to be a leader?
8. How do you motivate people?
9. What did you admire most about one of your previous supervisors

Negativity
1. Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it?
2. Tell me about an ethical conflict with your boss and how you’ve handled it
3. How do you deal with stress?
4. Have you ever proposed an idea to a superior and were ignored despite knowing that it would produce a positive result? How did you handle it?
5. Explain a time when you had to deal with poor job performance
6. Name a time you screwed up
7. What frustrates you

Continuous Improvement/ Problem Fixing
1. Tell me about a time when you leaned out a process
2. Tell me about a time you had a difficult job to solve
3. Walk me through a different scenario of a process you invented or improved
4. Tell me about a time you attempted to refine a process and failed
5. Give an example of a time when you found a simple solution to a seemingly difficult problem
6. How has your past experiences included lean management, six sigma, kaizen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Don't say something typical   8 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It will be a 3 part process. Online application -- online test and physical interview. Prepare to see plenty people interviewing with you. Make sure your on time, the interview starts on time and they take note of your arrival time

Interview Questions

• Example Questons. give me a time you changed a process   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Interview

2 30 minutes interviews, 1 behavioral and 1 math related. I received a phone call the day after the interview confirming I had been selected for the position. The was by far the quickest turnaround I had received in my applications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview on a rented site in Boston. Two interviews, one behavioral and one situational - no define answer on location, they kind of want people to be placed wherever they want even though they take a preference

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to complete an online interview through Hireview. It was super easy. I had 2 mins to prepare for each question and then unlimited attempts to record and approve my response.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your mistakes? How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter in November, applied and took online assessment. Had two 45 minute onsite interviews that were more like conversations, basic behavioral questions were asked in addition to a case. Received an offer within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Generic case study question, asked in order to see your thought process and reasoning.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, then went through the formal application and interview process. Had to sign non-disclosure agreements and then participate in 2 separate 45-minute interviews. One consisted of situational based questions, one consisted of behavioral questions, pretty basic interview stuff. I haven't heard back about an offer but it's only been a few days and they said it should take 5-7 business days.

Interview Questions

• Case study type question. Presented with a scenario and asked how I'd handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in DuPont, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (DuPont, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Must need preparation before jumping into this interview. Get opinion & feedback from those that have experience. Use the STAR method to compose your a formal answer. Understanding of Amazon leadership principles is a must.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy process, interviewers make you fell really comfortable. Question focus on your ability to problem solve and lead. As long as you can relate your experiences to questions you should be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They flew me out to another location where I had 2 different interviews answering behaviorial-based questions. Overall it was a very pleasant experience! There were a series of questions, but I benefited from lots of preparation. Be prepared to use the STAR formula to describe situations and what you did as a leader to improve them.