Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

3.2

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

A compilation of all the behavioral questions on this website.

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Strengths
3. Weaknesses
4. Why Amazon?
5. How can you translate your skills towards Amazon?
6. What experiences do you have that separate you from the rest?

Groups/ Leadership
1. Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it
2. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how did you overcome this conflict?
3. How did your actions in a leadership role increase productivity?
4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance
5. What is your take on leadership?
6. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how you overcame this conflict?
7. What kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?

Behavioral Leadership & Safety & Customer Service
1. Tell me about a time when you dealt with ambiguity?
2. How important is safety to you? Rank Customer Service, Quality, Safety
3. Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees
4. How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk? (not very relevant)
5. Name a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do
6. Tell me about a situation where you directly impacted customer satisfaction
7. What type of leader are you? Explain your leadership style. What does it mean to be a leader?
8. How do you motivate people?
9. What did you admire most about one of your previous supervisors

Negativity
1. Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it?
2. Tell me about an ethical conflict with your boss and how you’ve handled it
3. How do you deal with stress?
4. Have you ever proposed an idea to a superior and were ignored despite knowing that it would produce a positive result? How did you handle it?
5. Explain a time when you had to deal with poor job performance
6. Name a time you screwed up
7. What frustrates you

Continuous Improvement/ Problem Fixing
1. Tell me about a time when you leaned out a process
2. Tell me about a time you had a difficult job to solve
3. Walk me through a different scenario of a process you invented or improved
4. Tell me about a time you attempted to refine a process and failed
5. Give an example of a time when you found a simple solution to a seemingly difficult problem
6. How has your past experiences included lean management, six sigma, kaizen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Don't say something typical   12 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After my application was accepted, I was asked to participate in a virtual interview through HireVue which consisted of only five questions. Essentially, I video recorded my answers on my laptop. Each question has a time limit of about 3 minutes, but you can take as much time as you need to prepare because you are allowed unlimited recordings before submitting your final answers.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing in your current position to develop your employees?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you solved a complex problem with a simple solution.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with your boss. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you failed. What did you learn from it?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had to confront someone for poor performance.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Internal hire. First there is a pre-loop where you would have to answer basic math questions with follow ups and case studies. Next interviews are pods where a total of 3 interviews will be done. Each one takes about 2 hours.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then provided with an online evaluation. I was then contacted for an in person interview. There were multiple candidates for the same location and this might be done to measure your reaction. The in person was very relaxed, but each interviewed places a role. There will be someone trying to see how you reacted with negative feedback (stay positive ) ask questions to clarify. Another person questioned your previous role etc.. Just stick with the previous advise posted here. Read every reviewed previously posted it was helpful. I researched youtube and multiple sites for input.

Interview Questions

• Look at previous posts it was standard interview questions, Do not fib, tell the truth and try to be positive. If you made an error on previous job just state how you corrected that error and what you learned.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It will be a 3 part process. Online application -- online test and physical interview. Prepare to see plenty people interviewing with you. Make sure your on time, the interview starts on time and they take note of your arrival time

Interview Questions

• Example Questons. give me a time you changed a process   2 Answers

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online recording session with live questions and timed response. After moving on they fly you out to a FC or office building for a 3 hour interview process. 1st part is a math question lasting 5 minutes. Then two interviews with two different employees.

Interview Questions

• Operations based math question to start. Then STAR based interview questions. "Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult situation."   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online and completed various questionaires. Contacted within a few hours for interview on following week. Met for interview at the facility. Was given an extensive tour of the facility and then met with 3 different Amazon individuals. Experienced was positive.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2017.

Interview

Initial interview, tour, second interview. Straight forward, no suprises. Behavior based. Review their core values prior to interview. The questions are scenario based. The first interview is recorded, you can review and reaccomplish. The final interview is with multiple individuals, each interviews you separately.

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Robbinsville, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Online assessment and then had a tour of facility with 3 interviews with HR, Ops and General Manager separately the following week.

Tour was very impressive and was prior to interview. I asked questions about what I saw and also took notes that would pertain to the current role I was applying for.

Interview was intense and can be intimidating but if you stay calm and speak to your experiences you will be fine. I strongly recommend practicing as soon as you are invited to the interview process it will help tremendously and will eliminate surprises. Amazon pretty much tells you what they are going to ask so you just need to focus.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. Star format. Basically you need to utilize your past experiences and answer the questions honestly.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to address a poor work performance.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Interview

2 30 minutes interviews, 1 behavioral and 1 math related. I received a phone call the day after the interview confirming I had been selected for the position. The was by far the quickest turnaround I had received in my applications

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions   1 Answer