Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.2

431 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

A compilation of all the behavioral questions on this website.

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Strengths
3. Weaknesses
4. Why Amazon?
5. How can you translate your skills towards Amazon?
6. What experiences do you have that separate you from the rest?

Groups/ Leadership
1. Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it
2. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how did you overcome this conflict?
3. How did your actions in a leadership role increase productivity?
4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance
5. What is your take on leadership?
6. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how you overcame this conflict?
7. What kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?

Behavioral Leadership & Safety & Customer Service
1. Tell me about a time when you dealt with ambiguity?
2. How important is safety to you? Rank Customer Service, Quality, Safety
3. Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees
4. How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk? (not very relevant)
5. Name a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do
6. Tell me about a situation where you directly impacted customer satisfaction
7. What type of leader are you? Explain your leadership style. What does it mean to be a leader?
8. How do you motivate people?
9. What did you admire most about one of your previous supervisors

Negativity
1. Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it?
2. Tell me about an ethical conflict with your boss and how you’ve handled it
3. How do you deal with stress?
4. Have you ever proposed an idea to a superior and were ignored despite knowing that it would produce a positive result? How did you handle it?
5. Explain a time when you had to deal with poor job performance
6. Name a time you screwed up
7. What frustrates you

Continuous Improvement/ Problem Fixing
1. Tell me about a time when you leaned out a process
2. Tell me about a time you had a difficult job to solve
3. Walk me through a different scenario of a process you invented or improved
4. Tell me about a time you attempted to refine a process and failed
5. Give an example of a time when you found a simple solution to a seemingly difficult problem
6. How has your past experiences included lean management, six sigma, kaizen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Don't say something typical   17 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Area Manager Interview

Interview

A recruiter from Amazon has contacted me to apply for the position. I did apply and had the assessment. However, I feel the way the assessment was lined out is to figure out in what conditions would perfumer your best as an area manager.

Interview Questions

• It was an average number of basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was able to get the interview via a referral. Prior to the interview you have to take an online assessment. I interviewed with one person. It was during the peak season.

Interview Questions

• One the scale of 1 to 10, how sure are you about working for Amazon   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

They asked a few generic interviewing questions, and then took me through a a few scenarios. The interviewers were very friendly, and were very encouraging. Not having any experience, they asked questions that someone who doesn't have experience could ask.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you, if we hired you, what you bring to our department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Reached out quickly and set up all travel accommodations. Had to do an online meeting first where the recruiter ran through what to expect. Initially felt like I was genuinely wanted. But I was told 3-5 days for an answer, and hadn't heard anything by 3pm on day 5. Reached out to the recruiter and he had me the rejection in about 30 minutes. Asked for feedback, and he never responded at that point. A simple, "I don't have anything to give you", would have been nice, especially since he was a fellow Veteran. Just really unprofessional in most every aspect by the recruiter. But they're the coolest, or at least what they will tell you.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle an employee questioning punishment that I gave her when she found out the punishment was different for the employee who was with her, but works under a different manager.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Interview

I was found by a college recruiter. From there I applied online through the Amazon website. I was then told to do an online questioner that took about an hour. Once accepted after the questioner I did an online interview prep that Amazon provided and then a face to face interview. There were two separate interviews both about 45 minutes within the same day. After 10 days I got my results to having or not having the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment you had a problem with a class mate or work mate and how did you fix it.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

One online "personality test" followed by a phone screen and webcam interview through Amazon Chime. Two 45 minute interviews with actual area managers and/or operations managers. Interviews consisted of mainly behavioral questions and one case question at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you innovated on a process.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

First round, online assessment test. Second round, they invite you to go to an onsite interview. Basic behavioral question (two rounds of 45 minutes each) and a case study question.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest obstacles you have faced in your life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on-site. There is a pre-briefing with your recruiter, then two 45 minute interviews and to end things off you meet again with your recruiter for a de-briefing. The interviewers I had were very welcoming and made sure you didn't feel too uncomfortable. Not a very hard interview, but they want to know that you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you set a goal and didn't make it. How did you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

2 35 Minute interviews, In order to get the interview, I had to pass a skills and behavior assessment in which they assessed how I would respond in certain situations, the interviews were conducted by operations managers and other area managers