Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.2

397 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was given a simple math flow question to begin, then I interviewed with 4 different people individually. First person went over my math and then asked questions on variations of the problem. Then I was interviewed by HR, Learning Ops, and Operations Ops.

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest success in my career.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when I was able to deliver a simple solution to a seemingly complex issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online test and 2-3 skype interviews. The interviews were with an Area Manager and Ops Manager. Pretty straight forward, mostly behavioral with a couple basic case questions. Heard back 2 weeks after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a difficult decision   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

First round, online assessment test. Second round, they invite you to go to an onsite interview. Basic behavioral question (two rounds of 45 minutes each) and a case study question.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest obstacles you have faced in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Amazon responded a month later. I Interviewed in Atlanta, GA 3 weeks later. Amazon sent me an offer letter a week after the interview. The recruiting team is on point. I did not feel neglected like I do with other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple enough, online interview then they fly you out to answer questions about yourself, then tell you what you would be doing should you be hired. Some people at the interview were highly unprofessional but it was an overall positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

There is a pre-loop for internal candidates to see if there ready for the big interview which is called a pod. From there the pod will consist of 3 interview which should be 45mins -1hr. Once this process is over they will contact you whether or not you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't have time to use any data but had to use your judgement to get the job done? What was the outcome??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long process. Usually a phone interview followed by a virtual interview or on site interview. Interview was behavioral and very in depth to personal accomplishments. Very long process. Took about 4 hours for final interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sea Girt, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Sea Girt, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Same story as most. I took the on line management test, and was emailed about a month later. They wanted me to come to the local branch for a tour and (3) interviews.

I have 15 + years of management experience, and I can not think of a less organized company to interview with. The first interview was with an HR rep. He was very dismissive of me from the time we shook hands. He just about called me fat. He just rushed over the questions, no eye contact because he was typing answers while I was speaking. I found this the case with all 3 people who I interviewed with. This was just really distracting.
    The second interview was with someone else, who did not really introduce himself. Who was more happy with eating lunch than speaking to me.
    The third was with a woman who talked more about herself than me. Again no eye contact with me.
    They tell you to answer in STAR, but I did not get a chance to, as each of them interrupted me while I was speaking.

If you have not managed over 100 people do not even bother apply for this role. Or just lie, they do not check. I have more experience than the people that have interviewed me. Amazon also preaches much about how diverse they are. If you are a straight, white, male over 40 I would suggest you look elsewhere, because Amazon does not want you. In fear of offending anyone I changed locations and did not interview at the site mentioned above.

Interview Questions

• They like to know that you can think on your feet. If you messed something up, how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Coppell, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

4 Step Interview long and very dry. Flew to area reported to site. Waited for over an hour before seeing any member of managemnet. Sat in room for 30 minutes was required to take a test then start the interview processs.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you had to do something that was detrimental to you but helped your team   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted for phone interview after applying online. Everything seemed to go well. Was not passed on for in-person inerview.

I did ask why there were so many negative comments about the position and company on glssdoor. I also asked if area manager position turnover was really as high as indicated by glassdoor comments. So maybe thats why???

Unfortuneately their policy is to not tell you what went wrong...

Interview Questions

• They are all listed on glassdoor.com Research and choose according to position applied for   Answer Question