Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I applied through a listing on my school career website. I was then emailed an assessment to take with a 48 hour time limit. I took the assessment one night, and received a call the next day. The flew me out to Chicago, IL the following week. I had two 1:1 interviews. One interview was very situational based/case study. The other was more behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Since you are an engineer, describe a unique process that you implemented.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. As long as your read through the appropriate information ahead of time, the questions they ask are straight forward. Come prepared with the goals of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a creative method that you would motivate a team of 80+ people in a fulfillment center.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Really fast, only 2 45-minute interviews. Mostly about myself and a few quick case questions but very easy. I had to pass a few online assessments first, but the only human interview was on site and the final round. I received an offer in 2 days afterwards

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon? Talk about leadership skills. Cases about how you would discipline employees   Answer Question

The hours and actual position wasn't for me.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online assessments to determine how you think and how you would react as an Area Manager. Behavioral questions in a one-on-one in-person interview. Two 45-minutes questions. They flew me to Florida, paid for my hotel and rental car. It was all through university program and a military program. Forty candidates. We were not competing against each other. If you are qualified, you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon? Google behavioral or interview questions by Amazon and you'll find a list of questions they ask. Also, I connected with several current Amazon Area Managers to get an idea of the job and how best to interview for guidance. That really helped, too.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

two 45 minute interviews back to back, and case study. All questions are behavior questions and one question I didn't answer well: tell me one example that you help someone to improve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an in-person interview in October 2016, which I drove some 120 miles to. Everything was exceedingly accommodating and expenses were reimbursed. Interview was normal, behavioral questions. A couple questions were different than the usual ones, but still normally behavioral. There was one management case question that covered a discrepancy in payment of an employee and how you would handle the situation; it was to see thought process as opposed to getting the right answer. I am currently deciding on the offer. All-in-all a good experience. I had two consecutive 1-on-1 interviews that each lasted about 40 mins. This was the only interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed, how did you react to it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a problem you solved through a new/unorthodox way of thinking/approach.   Answer Question

Currently in decision

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

they flew me to Arizona for the interview. The interview was about two and a half hours total. When I arrived I went into a room with a few amazon employees and they just welcomed you and you turned in your non-disclose form. Next I had two interviews and they were each with one amazon employee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you created a solution to something complex.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent my application online through their website. I got an email about two days later inviting me for an onsite interview. They set up a time and flew me out the next week. They put about eight of us in a room for about 15 minutes. We got to asked the recruiter questions. After this we went on to the one on one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position, I had to complete a personality assessment. Once I was notified that I passed, I was asked to complete a data analysis online. I was asked various questions though a simulation that I had to answer by using different data sets that were provided. Before starting the simulation, the instructions included that it may be more important to make a decision fast rather than taking a very long time to answer and having it be correct. Once I was notified that I passed I was given information on how to schedule my interview. Transportation and hotel accommodations were provided.I was notified of my offer within a week after the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my university's career fair, and was also messaged on linkedin and e-mailed encouraging me to apply for this position. From there I was invited to take a profile quiz and a job simulation/assessment. After this I was then invited to the final interview in Chicago. The final interview consisted of two back to back interviews (45 min each). The second one contained a brief case study.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a problem, and had to make a quick decision to fix it.   1 Answer