Amazon Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

2.7

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had 2 interviews, one with the IT Manager which covered Amazon Leadership principles and basic interview questions, the second interview was with 2 of the IT Support Engineers, this interview covered more technical topics such as TCP/IP, OSI Model, Troubleshooting, and situational questions (What would you do if the power in the building went out ect..)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a victim of Social Engineering at a workplace?   Answer Question

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online 10/19 and immediately received an email with contingent offer and link to fill out I-9 and schedule hiring event. I scheduled for the first available time which was on 10/23. The hiring event was held at the staffing agency which had all kinds of sketchy looking people outside and walking in and out. There was a line out the door to check in and if I really didn't need the job probably would have left just because the environment was so uncomfortable like a welfare office! The hiring event consisted of a group of about 15 individuals sitting in a semi-circle around a tv screen that went over what to expect with amazon position and then sticking a stick thing in our mouth for 10 minutes for the drug test. As the drug test was completed we were told to sit back in lobby then await our turn to be individually called up to take a picture for badge (I wish I would've known, I would have worn make up) and select an available shift. Then we waited to get called by other lady individually to take a copy of our proof of identification. They said to check email and that it could take up to two weeks for drug and background test. That same day I got an email from the background check place saying they needed additional info because addresses didn't match report (I recently moved and don't even get mail at current address which I informed is why it wouldn't show on background), I immediately called and provided info because I did not want any delay on hiring process. On 10/25, I received email that everything cleared and to schedule orientation/start date. The only date available was 11/7 which is almost two weeks away but I guess I can be patient until then. They sent an email with link to finish all on boarding paperwork and set up direct deposit which I've completed and now I just wait for orientation. Overall the process was simple and I appreciated not having to do a one on one interview because I get so nervous and sweaty usually for those. However I wish they'd do the hiring event somewhere else as the atmosphere in that staffing agency is worse than applying for food stamps!

Seller Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

S.T.A.R. technique questioning which seems to be standard the standard technique used in interviews at this time. I am sure that everyone has had their share of experience with this interviewing style.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to satisfy a client?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the software engineering intern. There were two OAs, but you can do them once if you choose to finish in Amazon local site when the company HR arrives.

Interview Questions

• OA1 has debug questions and reasoning questions. OA2 are data structure and algorithm problems.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

University Recruiting. Met them at the career fair, they reached out to me. Had an interview on campus a few weeks later. One on the phone with a representative and one in person with a recruiter. Took over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Asked me hypothetical questions about situations in the job and how I would respond. The questions snowballed after each answer, making it more difficult and confusing whether or not my answers were correct.   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

First step was a group assessment that lasted 3 hours at their location here in Tempe, AZ. 4 steps:
    1. Debugging
    2. Logic
    3. Coding - 2 questions in your language of preference (C, C++, JAVA)
    4. Personality assessment

second part was a phone interview. Very nice interviewer. Asks some simple questions about current school assignments. Works on one coding assignment with you.

Control Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I found the job posting on LinkedIn and after filling out online forms I was told this is a position Amazon is looking to fill fast. There was an online technical test it requires for this position, which I signed up for within a few days. I was told I passed and someone from Amazon contacted me again to let me know that the next step is an in person interview. I was asked for my availability two weeks out. I complied and provided several days that I was available. I was told I would be setup with an interview within 48 hours based on my availability. Four days later I was provided with a interview date that I was not available. Another day was provided by Amazon. Again, not a day I provided Amazon. Finally, I was told the postion will be filled before two weeks and I would likely never get an interview. What a waste of time applying for. The Amazon communication was terrible. All over email too, with no phone number ever provided.

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen call and then phone interview after that. Then you had to wait for at least 7 days to hear back from them. Overall it was an average experience and similar to other jobs I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you've gone the extra mile for a customer? What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Lead Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

The total process took 2 months. It consisted of a phone interview. Then a face-to-face interview that included some logistics questions with a role play. If you read the details of the job and come up with things you've done in your history around that, you'll do fine with the interviews. However, they very much want to know if you will follow safety rules, how well people with follow and listen to you, and how effective you are at solving problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who wasn't following safety rules and told you they weren't interested in meeting goal?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel you would be at leading a team?   2 Answers
    • How would you implement the safety practices?   1 Answer

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

un formal interview environment and very direct questions for very direct answers. The interviewer was very knowledgeable in the position that you were applying for which was great so they know the field and you do also it runs smoothly

Interview Questions

• What did you do to help a customer who needed an emergency package at the last minute and how did you apply your knowledge of transportation.   1 Answer