Amazon Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.7

Seller Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

S.T.A.R. technique questioning which seems to be standard the standard technique used in interviews at this time. I am sure that everyone has had their share of experience with this interviewing style.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to satisfy a client?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

There were mutliple parts of the interview that spanned over 1-2 months.

First, I was contacted by one of their recruiters. We talked about the position and if I was interested. Of course, I said yes and we scheduled a time for a over-the-phone technical interview. About a week or so later, I got on the phone call with an engineer. It started out with generic programming questions of a language that you are most comfortable with (to get an idea, just google "top <insert your favoriate language> interview questions" and you should be good). We then did a coding problem. This was done through some website, so she could see what I was typing. It was a basic coding question that just about everyone could get (just do some research on different coding interview questions).

After that, I had another "interview" over the phone with the recruiter. He told me what I would need to study for my next interview. My next interview was on-site in the Tempe, AZ office (most people say they fly you out to Seattle, but this was for the Tempe location). It was 4 hours long (4 interviews with different managers each 1 hour long). They all started with behavior questions (the typical questions you'd expect from any interview, but with a software developer theme) and then ended with a coding or design problem. 2 of the interviews had a coding problem and the other 2 had a design problem. Personally, I thought I did quite well. I answered all their questions and solved all the coding/design problems they gave me. The last interview coding problem was a little tricky, but I barely solved it in time.

A few days later, the recuiter asked to schedule a time to talk. When I talked to him, he gave me the bad news that I didn't get the position and they weren't going to move forward with the interview process. They will keep me in the system and call me in 6 months. He didn't really give me any specific reason why they didn't want me. He said it during the technical part, though I thought I did well in that section.

Amazon Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Video interview was quick and painless. The ability to record your answers to each question multiple times prior to submission took a lot of pressure off. A few weeks later I was contacted about doing an on-site visit to one of the FCs to do a face-to-face interview. All of their questions are focused on the company core values and are very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what changes did you make for the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about four weeks and involved three steps.
    OA1 a code debugging test (20 min) and a reasoning test (35 min) fairly easy
    OA2 a work simulation (90 min) and a code test (105 min). Read amazon leadership principles for work simulation before assessment. 3 algorithm problems in code test.
    Onsite interview group discussion and programming.

Overall, the interview process is intense with moderate+ difficulty. Also, make sure you take time to prepare as you'll be blocked off from applying to Amazon for 6 months if you don't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Definitely review algorithms and basic data structures.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to take an online coding assessment within a couple weeks of applying. The first assessment involved a simple code debugging section (21min) followed by a logical reasoning section (35min). After completing the assessment, I was invited to the second online assessment. This involved a work simulation (email said 90min, actually 2hrs) and two coding sections (2 questions @ 60min; 1 question @ 30min). The coding questions test your functional abilities with the language of your choice and ability to translate a word problem into an efficient algorithm. I recommend making sure you know how to use the basic built-in data structures of your chosen language, as you do not get to look up syntax/methods. Not hard, but since I didn't have much experience with built-in data structures (STL, JDK, etc.), I wasn't able to set up the last problem, even though I knew how to solve it algorithm-wise.

Interview Questions

• NDA, can't disclose specifics. You must know how to implement all basic data structures in your language of choice. It's not enough to know how they work in theory and that you've created these data structures from scratch using arrays and pointers -> if you don't know the syntax and methods to use a built-in data structure that can help solve the problem, you will not be able to complete the problem, no matter how easy the actual logic is.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me and were very nice. However, I was not prepared for the interview questions, they do not ask normal questions. I would be prepared for that. Other than that they answered every question that I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got email for screening 1 - simple debugging questions + logical reasoning questions
    Within 2 days got email for coding and work simulation test
    Work simulation puts you in the role of an Amazon employee - making decisions, checking code, replying to emails / chats etc.
    Coding:
    2 questions

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

First round is an online debugging and logic survery. 7 questions for debugging methods that they provide for you, then something like 25 questions that seem a lot like testing whether you can recognize a pattern. Don't sweat the debugging portion! You've probably spent a lot of time debugging your own or someone else's code, and these are one line fixes.

If you pass the first round you'll get an online coding challenge and a work simulation. My advice? Don't take it all at once, take breaks in between. Also try to take it early in the day after a good nights sleep. The coding questions, from what I saw, are either standard interview questions or solveable as long as you don't lose your focus. One suggest practicing common code questions with the language you plan to use in this round.

Overall, the experience was nice/neutral for me. The tests were enjoyable (except the work simulation, lots of potential answers are provided and you get to choose them). I was under a tight schedule as the final technical interviews for the position I applied for were very soon, so I didn't get to take as much time in between rounds as they'll probably give you. So if they give you a week to complete a round, take a couple days and do what I suggested! Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• Some logic questions are of the form "given ABC XYZ GHI JLN which does not belong"   2 Answers

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There seem to be plenty of information on here about the process leading up to your first day, so I will start after you clear the background check and drug test.

I waited a week for the background check and drug test results and then another week to finally receive the e-mail to schedule my orientation start date. Fortunately, the earliest appointment was only two days later. At the orientation we were briefed for 4 hours on safety, schedules, leave policies, security, etc. Anyone who hadn't completed the required documents had the opportunity to do them on computers in the back of the room. We had to provide two forms of ID to verify eligibility to work or we were told we would be removed from the system 3 days later. We were also given our training dates which, not surprisingly, was another week away and a tour break rooms and clock in/out stations. We were told to not bring cell phones and upon observation it seems everyone follows this rule.

On Day 1, we endured death by PowerPoint about everything from Hazmat and PPE to Pallet buildup and wrapping techniques. On Day 2, you actually get hands-on training with the equipment, scanners, and the various working areas. You also get your password to access the Amazon Hub app to see your schedule, available overtime, time clock information, etc. On Day 3, you are expected to be a fully functioning sortation associate.

Though the hiring process at Amazon didn't require an interview and had an easy application process, the worst part by far is the WAITING. From the time I submitted an application to my start date I waited 30 days exactly. I guess I expected a faster turnaround knowing they needed a lot of seasonal employees for the upcoming holidays. It seems the influx of applicants exposed their lack efficiency with moving people swiftly through the process here in Phoenix.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others?   1 Answer

Work From Home Virtual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview process was a virtual meeting .You can ask questions,the next steps in the application process are explained.I downloaded web ex Cisco app on to my phone for the interview.Ot worked great.I suggest downloading the app the day before so you can set up an account and make the meeting without any unforced issues .After the meeting your back ground check will be initiated, your I-9 paperwork and you will pick your schedule

Interview Questions

• If you have any questions...this is where you ask them   1 Answer