Amazon Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Attorney Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.7

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter from Amazon HR encouraged me to apply for a position that was a little out of my area of expertise but still very interesting. The screening interview with HR was fine, no big surprises. The more substantive interview with the hiring department was odd as their major concern seemed to be that the role was a little outside of my area of expertise, which is exactly what I told the recruiter. They didn't even ask questions to determine if I could develop the expertise; it was substantive questions about the topic they already knew I did not have expertise in. I did not get the position and I'm not sure why I was encouraged to apply.

Interview Questions

• Some questions geared toward Amazon leadership principles   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was friendly and casual, but they kept it moving. There was a first round of screening with an HR recruiter, followed by another more in depth interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

I did several rounds of phone interviews with multiple people in the department. The interviews were very substantive in that the interviewers really probed on how I would handle specific negotiation issues. The process may be off-putting to some, though I found it very interesting and informative. My advice to future candidates is to be prepared to reveal/discuss your thought process; the situations presented did not have right answers but certainly had wrong answers. I also did a substantive skills test and then was asked about my thinking regarding my responses to the test.

At the end, I cut off the interview process because I decided I wasn't ready to leave my current position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a business client that's insisting on moving forward with a product release that you know is fraught with legal risk?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle a vendor that refuses to indemnify your company for X, Y, and Z?   1 Answer