Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Extremely long and excruciating. This interview was for a new grad position and basically spent the day working on casestudies both individual and with a group. It was completely the opposite of what I was told to expect. They only cared about your answers and never asked you any questions about yourself or your experiences.

Interview Questions

• Come up with a budget for your brand and your groups brands for the landing page based on sales and a bunch of data that you were only given 30 min to solve. Then decide why you placed each brand where you did on the landing page and why.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was at Amazon HQ and it was all day long (8am-5pm). There was introduction, one individual project and a group project. It was pretty hard for me but some people seemed to have enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with what you came up with?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Employee referral. First, a timed math and personality test, followed by 45-min phone interview and full-day interview loop in Seattle.

The process moved very quickly at the beginning. I found out about next steps within hours or days. The interviews were very challenging but enjoyable. However, it's now been 7 WEEKS since my in-person 5-hour interview loop with NO response (after being told a decision would be made in 1 week). HR does not respond to phone calls or emails, and I've received no notification of a decision either way. I find these to be incredibly rude and a poor reflection on the company's practices. If you've asked someone to campus for a full day to meet the entire team, at least have the courtesy to make a decision in the time frame given or provide updates.

Interview Questions

• How do you decide which products to market with limited website real estate?   2 Answers
    • Tell us a time you negotiated   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you made a data-driven decision   1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Long process. Assessment, phone interview, on site interview. The recruiter was very prompt in her responses and very considerate of my time. Ultimately, I didn't receive an offer, but the process felt worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• Assessment is basically data interpretation   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a email from a recruiter for a position that I did not initially apply for. She wanted to schedule me for an interview for the following week over the phone then have me come into the office for a group interview in person. After replying to her promptly I did not hear back from her for a week. So I decided to follow up with her. Within hours she responded to me saying they were not continuing the interview process for me. I was a little confused to say the least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was long. Started with an online assessment and then a full day group interview with multiple activities. There was an individual response to a challenge, and then a modification to the challenge for group work, with a tour of the campus in between. Even though I was there the whole day, it felt like the process was very rushed. Your amount of time talking to people who actually worked at Amazon was limited; the rest of the time was being herded around with the rest of the candidates.
    The benefit of this process was that it felt like an accurate simulation of the type of work you'd do on the job, and it levels the hiring field because most of your assessment is based on your performance during the day rather than previous work experience. Cons being if you're chained to a group that can't pull its weight, it's very hard to produce quality work without crippling justifications.

Interview Questions

• Calculations for Gross and Net Profit   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email to take an online test after applying online. I haven't had any training in this and the time limit along with 15 questions was a bit stressful.Once you pass that, you are asked to interview at the Seattle office with other candidates. A lot of scenario and role play along with a math test and interview.

Interview Questions

• basic math questions with percentages, study you retail math   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral and took an online test, half math/half personality-based. Then I had a phone interview with a brand manager, followed by an onsite interview in Seattle with other prospective hires. The morning session was an individual case study, and the afternoon session was a group case study.

Interview Questions

• Why did you make such and such decision in the case study, how did you calculate those numbers, etc.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process starts with a resume drop and two online assessments: One involves data and the other personality questions. If you pass this round, they invite you to Seattle for a day long interview at their HQ. They separate all the candidates into about six groups and assign you a business case similar to what you would have to do in the Brand Specialist role. There are also two one-on-one interviews to discuss how the individual and group exercises went. Overall pretty easy interview as long as you speak up during the group segment and challenge the other members' ideas.

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with these numbers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview at Seattle. The interviewers were nice and informative about the position. One thing to keep in mind throughout the onsite process is that it's just an interview. Do not freak out because you can't handle test anxiety. Take a deep breath, explain your thought process and display positive teamwork/leadership. If you read previous reviews, you can tell many candidates were salty that they did not receive an offer. This position is not for everyone. If you struggled during the interview process, I don't see how you can survive full-time. Best of luck to the ones of you who have an upcoming interview, hope this helped.