Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very succinct and to the point. Applied, answered a couple questions via email within the next two weeks, took a two part online test, and then got flown out for the final round interview. This consisted of an individual project, group project, and and interview to recap each part.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Don't stress about it. Really, don't.

Reading Glassdoor is all the prep you need.

It's a breeze if you keep calm and focused. The hardest part is that the environment is an interview / you are being observed.

People say they don't ask you anything about you, but that's not true. At least know your basics: Why Amazon, Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• At least know your basics: Why Amazon, Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a very simple online assessment. After that I was invited to Amazon's campus for an all day interview. Interview involved group and individual work, followed by one-on-one conversations with interviewers. Staff and other candidates were very supportive and transparent through the process. Other candidates and I hung out the day before and after, which made the process really fun.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better on this project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a short analytical skills test , followed by a group interview at Amazon, where groups of 5-6 candidates worked together to solve specific problems related to vendor management. There was an individual section as well as a group section. The group activity was monitored by current employees.

Both sections had one-on-one interviews after completion, where current managers asked you about your methods and to back up your work.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to give this company so little ad space on our webpage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a email from a recruiter for a position that I did not initially apply for. She wanted to schedule me for an interview for the following week over the phone then have me come into the office for a group interview in person. After replying to her promptly I did not hear back from her for a week. So I decided to follow up with her. Within hours she responded to me saying they were not continuing the interview process for me. I was a little confused to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Starts off with an online assessment which includes various logic-based math questions. If you pass that, the recruiter follows up with you with a phone interview, then if you pass that you get invited to an all day 8am-5pm group interview that includes a 1 hour individual exercise, a 4 hour group exercise, and 2-3 individual interviews. The success of your group exercise is very much based on your team members, so you better wish and pray you get good people on your team because if you don't, it can cost you the offer.

There are no personal, behavioral, or past job experience questions. They don't care about your past job, just how you are able to solve the business case they give you. Overall, the whole process was very bad and extremely impersonal. They don't treat you like an individual person, but rather one person from a herd of people they have to deal with every week and want to just get your interview over with. The whole time they will tell you how much "fun" you are going to have and how much of an "amazing" experience this group interview is. They say this to distract you from the dehumanizing, impersonal, and mechanical treatment they put you through for 8 hours just to have the ~chance~ to work there.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze this business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process starts with a resume drop and two online assessments: One involves data and the other personality questions. If you pass this round, they invite you to Seattle for a day long interview at their HQ. They separate all the candidates into about six groups and assign you a business case similar to what you would have to do in the Brand Specialist role. There are also two one-on-one interviews to discuss how the individual and group exercises went. Overall pretty easy interview as long as you speak up during the group segment and challenge the other members' ideas.

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with these numbers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Employee referral. First, a timed math and personality test, followed by 45-min phone interview and full-day interview loop in Seattle.

The process moved very quickly at the beginning. I found out about next steps within hours or days. The interviews were very challenging but enjoyable. However, it's now been 7 WEEKS since my in-person 5-hour interview loop with NO response (after being told a decision would be made in 1 week). HR does not respond to phone calls or emails, and I've received no notification of a decision either way. I find these to be incredibly rude and a poor reflection on the company's practices. If you've asked someone to campus for a full day to meet the entire team, at least have the courtesy to make a decision in the time frame given or provide updates.

Interview Questions

• How do you decide which products to market with limited website real estate?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you negotiated   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you made a data-driven decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was at Amazon HQ and it was all day long (8am-5pm). There was introduction, one individual project and a group project. It was pretty hard for me but some people seemed to have enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with what you came up with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Some individuals may have had a more favorable interview experience, I on the other had did not. The entire interview was application based with zero chance to explain your background or previous work experience (and how it relates to the position). I tend to get slight testing anxiety and the entire process felt exactly like that. While I can't go into too much details due to the NDA I signed, I felt that I wasn't quite set up for success, for various reasons that I won't go into. The only positive aspect of the experience was just how generous Amazon was for covering virtually the entire trip. It's definitely worth the effort if you're from out of town for that reason.

Interview Questions

• How did you get these numbers and what was your strategy?   2 Answers