Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Some individuals may have had a more favorable interview experience, I on the other had did not. The entire interview was application based with zero chance to explain your background or previous work experience (and how it relates to the position). I tend to get slight testing anxiety and the entire process felt exactly like that. While I can't go into too much details due to the NDA I signed, I felt that I wasn't quite set up for success, for various reasons that I won't go into. The only positive aspect of the experience was just how generous Amazon was for covering virtually the entire trip. It's definitely worth the effort if you're from out of town for that reason.

Interview Questions

• How did you get these numbers and what was your strategy?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online for position. Answered a few questions. Next had to take an online test. Was 2 parts-first was math/reasoning based and the second was a personality based-both were timed. The personality was easy to finish within the time given. The math part was a bit harder and was harder to finish. After this I was asked to come to Seattle for a day long interview. Morning was an individual case study and the afternoon was a group case study. After each part we had one-on-one interviews about the work we had completed. Did not ask any personal or behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Case study based. Individual in the morning and then a group based one in the afternoon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview at Seattle. The interviewers were nice and informative about the position. One thing to keep in mind throughout the onsite process is that it's just an interview. Do not freak out because you can't handle test anxiety. Take a deep breath, explain your thought process and display positive teamwork/leadership. If you read previous reviews, you can tell many candidates were salty that they did not receive an offer. This position is not for everyone. If you struggled during the interview process, I don't see how you can survive full-time. Best of luck to the ones of you who have an upcoming interview, hope this helped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and heard back about online assessment test after quite a wait. Online assessment test consists of 2 parts: data analysis and personality test. The next day, I heard from them that the process is not moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and two math-based tests, then I was invited out to Seattle for an in-person interview. The in-person interview focused on group case studies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Share one success story from a previous job or internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview consists of an individual and group exercises. Nowhere during the entire interview was anyone given a chance to talk about prior experiences. I can't go much more into it because I signed an NDA.

If you're flying in from another part of the country, it's worth it to check out Seattle. If, however, you're from the area, don't waste your time. You can check Glassdoor and see that they hire a very small amount of people for the position.

Interview Questions

• How did your strategy change after the group exercise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three stage interview process: First step is an online data analysis test, you get two sets of data (a personal finance sheet, a company's branch distribution information) and have to make quick judgements and simple calculations. This is followed by a short personality quiz (Are you a team-player? Strongly agree, etc.). Second step is a phone interview. Third step is an in-person interview meeting with 6 different people one-on-one, preceded by an interview prep phone call. Best advice is to know the leadership principles and be able to answer questions ("tell me about a time you took a risk...") in a S.T.A.R. format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a data-driven decision?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team member who didn't pull their weight?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked under a deadline?   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Do you want to play a game? I did two seperate interviews for 9 hours each and no one I spoke with in my group got an offer. From my knowledge they are using you to test for a new ibterview style and bot hiring anyone. If you are from outside Seattle it is worth the trip otherwise complete scam.

Interview Questions

• Get ready for budget questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Individual assessment, group assessment. discuss how you got the answers for these assessments.
    I applied online, was prompted to take an assessment, and then was called in for the interview. This is a job focused entirely on numbers, so if you're not a numbers person, this is not for you.

Interview Questions

• How did you get these numbers?   1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Asked to do an online assignment of data interpretation. Didn't pass it since I am neither business nor econ major. But if you are, the questions should be super easy for you. I haven't learnt any of those but still can get the answer like half of them.