Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was refereed by an employee and submitted my application. I heard back within the week and was asked to take an aptitude test before moving forward. After passing the aptitude test I had a phone interview with two different employees. Finally I was flown to Seattle and went through a full day of interviews with six different team members from the team I would be working on. They lasted around 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting thing you have learned outside of school or work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter the same day I submitted my application online. Received an online assessment that's half analytical half personality test. Was told the analytical portion would test retail math. Turns out it tested very specific investment and zeta questions, which I had no idea. Received a rejection email one hour after finishing the assessments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Resume (Add your photo, I had one!)
    2. Passing the online data exam (this was challenging but I passed! I recommend preparing with basic data analytics exams found for free online)
    3. HR reached out to arrange my interview and a I contacted their travel agency to arrange my flight and boarding (Awesome experience! They booked me at a 5 start hotel in Seattle and great flights.
    4. Interview prep call - Very insightful. It is optional but please don't be late nor absent, they take attendance!
    5. Interview day: (7 am to 4:45 and then happy hour with your team if you open up and make friends!) Please sleep. The day is exhausting but actually really fun. Take it seriously, be on your top notch and ready to hustle, but also remember it isnt a competition (it really isnt), enjoy the company of your teammates and work with them. If this isnt the job for you, build connections, I sure did! The interview was purely data driven and based on excel skills and basic accounting math and formulas. Learn them and memorize them. The interviews were not personal, no one asked personal questions but rather asked questions about your case and why you made certain decisions, what were your goals and did you achieve them for your company? for your group?
    6. Follow up, we all found out exactly a week later if we got the job or not. My group had 6 incredibly brilliant people and two of them got it. One was a natural with numbers and the other had incredible excel skills.

Sharpen up your accounting math and excel skills and you should feel confident. Be confident anyways and have a great time! Seattle is beautiful. It was an incredible learning experience. It is definitely not a role for everyone. I am a great marketing professional but this was strictly numbers. Either way, great experience but I wish they let you shine our your personality more and get to know someone! Grateful for the opportunity but definitely don't feel their interview process was organized in a way to get to know the applicant and see potential. I didn't feel there was much room for training over here, they wanted you to be ready to do tomorrow's work, today.

But, groundbreaking company! Good luck to all and God Bless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

The recruiter personally contacted me if I wanted to move forward with an opening after they matched my profile. I agreed and they sent me the assessment

I took the assessment and I can tell.. I have never, ever managed this kind of math in statistics, finance or accounting courses during my college years, not even in my workplace, and I work with a lot of analytics. I knew was not going to pass the test because it is not retail math like it was mentioned in an earlier review. 17 "analytical" questions do not measure a candidate's capability.

I do feel negative about the interview, and its not because I wanted so much to work for amazon, but because of the narrow assesment. This is an entry level job, when values are put on a scale, the details of the position are way much more oriented to selling purposes vs the the orientation of the assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was sent a personality quiz and a short math test. After completing those I was invited to Seattle for the final round interview. Definitely do the conference call in before you leave to get a better picture of what to expect. They paid for hotel and flight, and reimburse for ground transportation and food. The interview was the next day, all day. It went by quickly, but expect to work quickly individually and in teams and then be questioned about your choices in 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why did you do this? Why did you do this? What would happen if this switched with this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, did an online assessment, and within 24 hours got an invitation to fly out to Seattle. The interview process was all day and actually fairly fun. We got a tour of the headquarters - they are nice, but fairly blandly corporate. Employees can bring their dogs to work though, which is nice to see. Everyone I met was very invested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Did the strategy you chose end up hurting the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 6 hour interview process overall w/ a break for lunch & a tour of the campus included. There were 3 parts - an analytical individual assessment involving retail math, a group activity involving creating a 5 year plan for a random product, then a longer group activity involving creating a detailed business plan for the launch of a new product line.

Interview Questions

• How many coffeemakers would your order & how would you price it?   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online and then about a month later I got an email from someone in the HR department. I had to take an online test which tested your analytical and math skills (it was kind of hard) and a personality test. After that, I got a phone call to do a phone interview.

The phone interview was super easy. After that, they wanted me to come in for a in-person interview. The parking was validated and the building was easy to find.

There were five 45 min interviews that were back to back. Each person was GRILLING YOU. As they like to call it, "peeling back the onion". Asking you question after question. Not giving you a positive response to anything you say, acting completely neutral. There was one interviewer (not going to name names) that was particularly harsh out of the group and honestly pretty rude. He kept asking me the same questions and trying to belittle me the whole time instead of being encouraging. The others were pretty nice overall.

Interview Questions

• If you had to start a new product category on Amazon, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online through amazon.jobs as a pending university graduate.

After submitting my resume and online profile I was contacted via email to move onto stage two - an online math/reasoning assessment and a personality test. The two tests combined took an hour. Assessment test was about 20 math and logical reasoning questions, none of which were particularly difficult or memorable. Personality test was long with multiple choices to gauge how you would react or respond in certain situations.

After successfully completing the online tests I was invited to the final round at their headquarters in Seattle. Travel, food, and hotel were all reimbursed. There were about 25 candidates. Day started with breakfast at 8AM followed by a tour of the buildings/campus until 10AM. Then everyone gathered in a room for a presentation given by a senior employee. The presentation regarded retail math with financial terms and equations that were to be used in the subsequent exercise - presentation took about 30 minutes. Then everyone was given a worksheet that asked how you would price and sell a coffeemaker produced by a new vendor. You are expected to use the equations you learned to create a business plan and a Profit & Loss statement. This took about 30-40 minutes. Note: everything must be be finished according to schedule and we were behind schedule, resulting in less time than previously allotted for these exercises.

After this, everyone was assigned to a group of ~5 and given the task to sell a product that had been struggling to make sales or profits. You are given the Profit & Loss data as well as other useful information. There are two current Brand Specialists who watch the group and take notes. This exercise is about 40 minutes and is followed by a 5-10 minute presentation per group. At this point there are about 10 current Brand Specialists in the room who will ask very specific questions during the Q&A following the presentations.

Lunch.

Finally, a two hour case study with a new group of ~5. They put you in a different room with two different observers. Case study was to prepare to launch a new department called Amazon Pets. We got a worksheet with relevant information, questions to answer, and other data. Afterwards, we presented to yet another pair of observers who grilled us on Q&A for 10-20 minutes.

The day is extremely fast-paced and tries to put you into group settings that represent actual work and work environments. Not everyone is cut out for this and it will be obvious at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Current Brand Specialists asked very specific questions regarding your model, data, and numbers during the Q&A's. Tough to prepare for - gotta think quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met recruiter at college career fair.

The first round was a phone interview, one-on-one. Questions included: "You have 2 minutes to give me two strengths and two weaknesses. Go." He also gave me a mini-case. It was not especially difficult, and he gave me some help when I got stuck. I think it was partially a stress test because he was very pushy and always wanted us to move faster, and he ended the interview very abruptly. I nearly had to yell at the end to get his information before he ended the call.

Amazon then flew me to Seattle for an all-day interview session. Most of the interviewing consisted of group case presentations (2), but there was also an individual written test. I was not a business major, and it was very difficult. It was the organic chemistry of the day - the weed-out course.

I got an email within 3 days that told me I had not gotten the job.