Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a short analytical skills test , followed by a group interview at Amazon, where groups of 5-6 candidates worked together to solve specific problems related to vendor management. There was an individual section as well as a group section. The group activity was monitored by current employees.

Both sections had one-on-one interviews after completion, where current managers asked you about your methods and to back up your work.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to give this company so little ad space on our webpage?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very succinct and to the point. Applied, answered a couple questions via email within the next two weeks, took a two part online test, and then got flown out for the final round interview. This consisted of an individual project, group project, and and interview to recap each part.

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First I got a screening call from HR, then a phone call with a manager from a different area, afterwards they scheduled an online exam which was about answering questions in a video, questions like 'how would you estimate the number of diapers that Amazon needs to buy in order to satisfy the demand for diapers in this city?', after that I was scheduled for a whole day of interviews, some were with one person and others with two, one employee took me for lunch.
    Overall, the experience was really bad, at the end of day I left their office feeling terribly treated and convinced that if I got an offer I would certainly reject it.
    Here goes my experience:
    -My first interview was with 2 guys around my age and in a similar position, they had very bad manners. In a particular question that I took a long time to answer, instead of explaining better or moving forward, they just kept pushing and pushing in a very rude manner and most of the interview was about that question, I definitely felt they did that for amusement as they were smiling to each other during the interview, I think everyone deserves respect wheter they know or don't know the answer.
    -Next 2 interviews were with 2 senior level employees, those were fantastic.
    -Next interview was with hiring manager, he also looked really young, he walked in holding his phone, the minute he finished the first question he started texting and he didn't stop doing it for a long time, I offered to take a pause to let him finish his phone business but he didn't look up and told me to keep talking, That was very disrespectful.
    -After this interview one employee was suppossed to pick me up to have lunch in 1 hour, I was left alone in a waiting room for 40 minutes and no one showed up, I asked in the front desk if someone was coming because the next interview was starting in 20 minutes, then one employee picked me to have a 10 minute lunch and he told me he was assigned 5 minutes ago.
    - The last interview was ok, I already had my morale really down
    The last interviewers left and no one showed up, so again I had to go to front desk, and when they called HR, they told me to go, just that, again no one showed up or said 'thank you for sharing a day with us, we'll reach you back'. It was an awful experience, I left feeling sad, ignored and mistreated. Definitely would never apply for a job again there.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the inventory that Amazon needs to buy for a Teddy bear brand that has just been assigned to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you confronted your boss and won the argument?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a very simple online assessment. After that I was invited to Amazon's campus for an all day interview. Interview involved group and individual work, followed by one-on-one conversations with interviewers. Staff and other candidates were very supportive and transparent through the process. Other candidates and I hung out the day before and after, which made the process really fun.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better on this project?   1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Don't stress about it. Really, don't.

Reading Glassdoor is all the prep you need.

It's a breeze if you keep calm and focused. The hardest part is that the environment is an interview / you are being observed.

People say they don't ask you anything about you, but that's not true. At least know your basics: Why Amazon, Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• At least know your basics: Why Amazon, Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First step was an online numerical reasoning test, then invitation to an initial phone screening a few weeks later. That initial phone call was with a recruiter based somewhere in Eastern Europe and was just talking about 'Why Amazon', 'Why this role', 'Why you' (previous experience), availability and salary expectations. It lasted about 20 minutes.

The next step was a phone interview with HR from the London office (the role was based in London) and asked three questions relating to their leadership values which you had to support with examples. There was hardly any reaction or interaction with the interviewer and she sounded extremely disinterested. I asked some questions at the end and got monotonous, one sentence replies.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've had to make a data-driven decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

it was a preliminary online exam then on-site full day of individual and group interviews. The interviews involved mock recommendations for brand content organization online. We had to meet with interviews after the individual and group exercises and reflect on our performance.

Interview Questions

• how did you work well in the group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Starts off with an online assessment which includes various logic-based math questions. If you pass that, the recruiter follows up with you with a phone interview, then if you pass that you get invited to an all day 8am-5pm group interview that includes a 1 hour individual exercise, a 4 hour group exercise, and 2-3 individual interviews. The success of your group exercise is very much based on your team members, so you better wish and pray you get good people on your team because if you don't, it can cost you the offer.

There are no personal, behavioral, or past job experience questions. They don't care about your past job, just how you are able to solve the business case they give you. Overall, the whole process was very bad and extremely impersonal. They don't treat you like an individual person, but rather one person from a herd of people they have to deal with every week and want to just get your interview over with. The whole time they will tell you how much "fun" you are going to have and how much of an "amazing" experience this group interview is. They say this to distract you from the dehumanizing, impersonal, and mechanical treatment they put you through for 8 hours just to have the ~chance~ to work there.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze this business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was long. Started with an online assessment and then a full day group interview with multiple activities. There was an individual response to a challenge, and then a modification to the challenge for group work, with a tour of the campus in between. Even though I was there the whole day, it felt like the process was very rushed. Your amount of time talking to people who actually worked at Amazon was limited; the rest of the time was being herded around with the rest of the candidates.
    The benefit of this process was that it felt like an accurate simulation of the type of work you'd do on the job, and it levels the hiring field because most of your assessment is based on your performance during the day rather than previous work experience. Cons being if you're chained to a group that can't pull its weight, it's very hard to produce quality work without crippling justifications.

Interview Questions

• Calculations for Gross and Net Profit   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a email from a recruiter for a position that I did not initially apply for. She wanted to schedule me for an interview for the following week over the phone then have me come into the office for a group interview in person. After replying to her promptly I did not hear back from her for a week. So I decided to follow up with her. Within hours she responded to me saying they were not continuing the interview process for me. I was a little confused to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer