Amazon Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.6

173 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Asked to do an online assignment of data interpretation. Didn't pass it since I am neither business nor econ major. But if you are, the questions should be super easy for you. I haven't learnt any of those but still can get the answer like half of them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an online interview/assessment that was split into two parts. The first asked mathematical/pattern based questions (which weren't too hard) and the second was a personality questionnaire that asked questions about working with others, independence, working with ambiguity, etc. It's been 2 months since my online interview, and I was never explicitly rejected or invited to an in person interview, so I'm still not sure where I am in the process. I followed up but received no response.

Interview Questions

• Rate 1 (Strongly Disagree) to 5 (Strongly Agree) for the following statement: I prefer to work independently on projects.   Answer Question
    • Rate 1 to 5: I work better with ambiguous instructions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was long. Started with an online assessment and then a full day group interview with multiple activities. There was an individual response to a challenge, and then a modification to the challenge for group work, with a tour of the campus in between. Even though I was there the whole day, it felt like the process was very rushed. Your amount of time talking to people who actually worked at Amazon was limited; the rest of the time was being herded around with the rest of the candidates.
    The benefit of this process was that it felt like an accurate simulation of the type of work you'd do on the job, and it levels the hiring field because most of your assessment is based on your performance during the day rather than previous work experience. Cons being if you're chained to a group that can't pull its weight, it's very hard to produce quality work without crippling justifications.

Interview Questions

• Calculations for Gross and Net Profit   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Saw a Brand Specialist opening on LinkedIn and applied within 24hrs of its posting.
    2) I was emailed by a recruiter and asked to take a 2-part questionnaire: 50% is based on your basic ability to look at a chart or graph, weed out irrelevant info, and reach an objective answer (A,B,C,D format)...you can't study for this, so don't try...be confident in yourself and let the rest work itself out. The other 50% is based on your answers to behavioral questions, using a Likert Scale (Note: I always answer Strongly Agree/Disagree, and occasionally Neutral--but avoid being wishy-washy/indecisive.)
    3) I passed the online exam was invited to interview in Seattle.
    4) The interview is near 100% objective. While I signed an NDA and can't tell much, the first half is data analysis alone, and the second half is data analysis in a group. There is little room to emphasize your past experience and how it pertains to Amazon's future endeavors or leadership principles. Also, my background is in sales, marketing and VR/AR game development. None were addressed, and there were few opportunities to discuss how any of my experience pertained to the job.
    5) On November 7, I was informed Amazon did not wish to proceed with my candidacy. I have no regrets. It was an amazing experience--you will meet brilliant people from all backgrounds, and Amazon doesn't beat around the bush with phony questions. That said, Amazon failing to ask a single question about how my strengths in data analysis and marketing had previously succeeded in emerging markets is a shame. Nonetheless a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to this number using the info provided? Based on that number, how would you respond to Amazon and/or your assigned brand?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a great experience. I applied on the website, shortly after I was contacted and asked to take an assessment. I tried to prepare as much as possible. I didn't end up moving forward with the process. I realized what I did wrong and now I know what to work on for future assessments. They also informed me quickly on whether I was moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

• The best advice that I can give is to not overthink the questions that are asked. They seem extremely challenging because of the length of time given to complete, but they are fairly simple to calculate. Practice basic math. Read carefully and stay calm. I would recommend doing online assessments math related and time yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the brand specialist was long and very unclear.
    Once selected from the initial round of applicants, you take two online tests, one personality and one math based, both timed. I was contacted 5 days afterwards by an Amazon recruiter, told that I would be flown out to Seattle, WA for an all-day in person interview. I prepared heavily with information they gave me and prior research on the company. However the interview was nothing like I expected. You are put in groups, and assigned a laptop. You first have an individual project which you have about an hr to work on, then are interviewed about every number/detail you chose and why your reasoning is best. The interviewer will contradict you to see how you react. Next you have a break/tour of some of the buildings, which is a nice little break, and also the first time anyone bothered to ask me one question about myself. Then you have a group project where you have about 2-2.5 hrs to complete it, and they come in periodically to observe the work environment. Everyone is very competitive and all want to stand out, so it makes cohesive thinking incredibly difficult. This job is essentially to see if you would be a good fit to analyze/order the correct amount of stock for a specific brand within a given department. Based on the job description I was unaware that this is what the company was looking for, and was ultimately very disappointed with how impersonal they were towards all applicants that day (not just me) and the lack of an exact description of the role they were looking to fill.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain why you ordered this amount of product for Q4 based on the past three years of product sold and projected revenues.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very very long, but an interesting way of being interviewed. It started with breakfast and a presentation from a brand manager then you were required to do an individual case. After the individual case you had a one on one interview about the decisions you made. Then you were required to do a group case and have a one on one interview about the decisions your team made.

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about 3 weeks later. They told me to finish the online assessment first. It was about data interpretation. The test was not that hard but it may be shocking if you are not familiar with numbers and charts. I thought I did a great job but the day after i finish the assessment they send me the email told me they are pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through their University Full-Time, Non-Tech Jobs. The interview process was very fast. I send in my application and heard within 2 days that they were interested in having me move to the next round of assessments. The assessments weren't hard, but be sure to allot enough time for each question. I thought I read that I had 5 questions in 18 minutes, not 10, so I tried to take my time. Obviously this backfired when I still have 5 questions left. Even with little time, I thought I did well enough to move to the next round. I was disappointed to find out a few days later that they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Looking at finance sheets of banks and be able to interpret them carefully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic interview. Applied through LinkedIn, was contacted about the data intrepretation test and personality test. Flown down to Seattle. On site interview I learned about Amazon and the role. Prepare to do an assessment: solo and group