Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was interviewed for the Business Analyst Summer Intern position for Herndon, VA AWS office and I managed to answer all the questions neatly as I was well prepared about business oriented questions, Amazon leadership principles and everything mentioned on my resume. It lasted for an hour and towards the end of a call the manager said that It would be great to have in their team and asked questions about how I will commute to work etc. I told her I can relocate. Then she said that I will hear back from the recruiter within 3 business days. I was happy and I was hoping for a good news as It went very smoothly. But after 5 business days I didn't receive any email or call. Then I sent an email asking for a feedback but recruiter never replied on time saying she has been busy with work and bla bla stuff. My job application status was under consideration so I kept sending mails for getting a feedback. Finally after sending around 5-6 emails, I received an email on 16th day saying the already hired somebody else. I am very much disappointed with the way they handled this process and wasted so much of my time. I have heard that Amazon never values their employees from their other employees but now I have actually experienced it by my own. Keeping candidates waiting is the worst thing and major flaw in a recruitment process. I hope the recruitment team reads this feedback and improve their standard. I am aware that handling too many applications is not easy but since they have huge recruitment team, they should know how to handle this. Extremely disappointing. They don't value the applicants at all. Fortune 500 rankings could be misleading sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Amazons leadership principles in terms of my experience, strengths, challenges faced, academic project questions, some other tech questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

2 phone screens and the final 5hr back to back video calls with 5 interviewers.
    1st phone screen was a live code link
    2nd phone screen was a 45min behavioural interview with another l6 BA.
    Still waiting on the final round.

Interview Questions

• Have completed 2 phone screens.
      1st phone screen was a live code interview with a L6 BA at amazon.
      They provided 2 tables with the column names
      2 basic sql qs on finding sales revenue for the entire year and the quantity sold by sql coding.
      3rd sql qs was a little more challenging.
      They also asked me a qs on linear regression and p-value testing.
      The case was on whether the calls recd by the amazon employees depended upon the variable tenure of employment.
      Overall not too difficult though if the concepts are clear.

2nd phone screen was a 45min behavioural interview with another l6 BA.

Still waiting on the final round.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

There was 1 phone screen interview along with 5 rounds of behavior interviews. In addition, there are 2 rounds where I need to prove my technical skills. Due to COVID-19, the behavior and technical interviews were done online via video call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time when your supervisor or coworker disagree with your idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached over LinkedIn and interview set up in a week. It was 45 min SQL white-boarding and few min on what I do in current role and what they are expecting. I did poorly, mainly due to my lack of SQL knowledge. But interviewer was good and polite. I knew I blew it though the interviewer mentioned I did good at the end.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2020.

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager. The interviewer is really nice. I am expecting sql test since I was asked to open code share. But instead it is only some resume questions and a case study.

Interview Questions

• case study about call center. How to measure if a training that aim to improve calls pick up time working or not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

first . . . . . ...30 min was SQL based and second half ... . . . .. . . was behavior questions based on 14 principles and star network

Interview Questions

• everything was situation when questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very engaged and courteous interviewer, I was asked to submit questions via email before phone interview, which would have then moved to on-site interview. Altogether positive experience. The position was filled by hiring manager before moving to next round.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a change?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and a sourcing coordinator reached out the next day asking for additional information like compensation expectation. I then was scheduled for a phone interview which I was advised to be behavioral-based. I then found out that the was also going to be a live coding exercise during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to solve a complex problem and how did you go about it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, interview process took about two weeks. Recruiter was very quick to respond to any questions, and scheduling is also very flexible and on your own terms. First round or few rounds are phone screens.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral on Leadership Principles, SQL queries   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with HR and a first round phone interview with a Product Manager. The phone screen was very pleasant, the first round not so much. To preface, I have had many interviews where I did not get the job but felt that the process was positive and a great learning experience, so this is not coming from a place of bitterness. I have a decent job at the moment and am just looking around at some bigger names in the tech industry to make an upward move. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, although the stressing of the STAR method and Amazon’s “unique” approach to interviewing (tell me about a time, give me an example when, yadda, yadda) prior to the interview can drive up your anxiety and make you unnecessarily overthink the whole thing. The main issue was related to the condescending tone of the follow up questions to my responses, implying that I provided useless/inaccurate data to teams I’ve supported, handled deadlines that were not truly "tight", handled requests that were not truly "difficult", did not truly go “above and beyond” for a customer. At one point, after discussing a project in which I provided a team member with data for a client meeting, it was implied that I gave out confidential information, which was completely false. I felt that I spend the entire time on defense and the interviewer definitely was a bit on the arrogant side, making lots of false assumptions. The intelligence and knowledge on the analytical side was definitely there while the emotional intelligence seemed to be lacking. Regardless, I definitely get why a lot of follow up questions are necessary as many candidates are not truthful, fluff their experience, and already have their hero stories ready to go. You want to see how a candidate thinks on their feet and ensure they can back up everything they are saying. However, when it feels like the interviewer is spending the entire time trying to generate an “ah-ha” moment, catch you in a lie, and delegitimize your experience, there is definitely an issue. I would suggest to any interviewer that if you ask follow up questions and are unsatisfied by a candidate’s response, note that their response for that particular question (or all of them) did not fit what you were looking for and keep it moving. Assume the fit is just not there rather than having someone talk in circles and unable to properly answer the remaining questions. Although this is a single individual in a global leader in the tech industry, I have to say I expected a bit better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer/client and how you handled it.   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unreasonable request from a customer/client and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer/client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to meet a tight deadline for a customer/client.   Answer Question