Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Made it through the 1st round which involved a 45-minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral and case questions. It is key to answer your questions and hint towards one of their leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a cap on Amazon sellers, what would it be and how would you measure results?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email after about 2 weeks I apply online Set up an phone interview. They asked some basic behavioral question and also one scenario question.

Interview Questions

• If a company offer to sell something way below the market price, will you take this offer and based on what reason?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of four phone interviews. Questions were mix of behavioral questions, case questions, and opinion questions. The questions were difficult and required quick thinking. I would suggest to review most common behavioral questions and be prepared to answer any of them.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose, signed NDA.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone screening interview. I was asked few behavioral questions, as well as two business cases. The second round was in the Amazon office. I met with 4 people over 3 hours and was asked a lot of behavioral questions. I had read on Glassdoor that other candidates received some basic SQL , business cases, and basic statistics questions during their final round, but I received only behavioral questions. All the interviewers were friendly and seemed excited to meet me and talk with me. If you're preparing for an interview with Amazon, I suggest that you review all their leadership principles and try to weave them into your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with someone difficult, describe a challenge you overcame, typical, predictable behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was superbly structured:
    1st round: With Hiring manager for 1 hour. Behavioral Questions (Tell me about a time .... type questions) and SQL questions (Joins, union functions etc).
    2nd round : With a Senior BI manager. Pretty much the same structure as 1st.

I was called for onsite interviews which consists of 5 rounds back to back for an hour each.
    All of them where behavioral but all the questions were related to atleast one Amazon principle so make sure you tie your answers to them. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! Your answer HAS to be linked to one principle! At least!
    Interviewers seemed really nice an accommodating. The results of the interview process during each of the stages came out pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time kind of questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Took me around 1 month entire,First HR called,very excited about my resume .
    Schedule an interview with hiring manager,which I felt was ok,but manager was impressed and immediately called me for On-site interview just after one round.I just had 1 round of phone Interview.
    I was interviewed by total 8 people.6 back -back rounds.According to me they went well.
    But got reject.
    HR denied to give Feed back ,that,s bad than getting a reject,Because I just kept on wondering what went wrong.No technical questions,No SQL only Behavioural.
    I shared as many professional examples as I could.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioural QuestionsNot difficult which are already there on SQL   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email and asked few questions like my visa status, salary expectations and also had question about the best project I worked.
    After sending all the information, another recuriter set up a phone screen interview (45 mins) with hiring manager. HM asked about lot of questions like tell me the time when you did report automation, tell me the time when you were frustrated by client etc
    After 3 days I got email from HR saying I am invited for an on-site interview to Seattle. I interviewed with 6 people, who asked almost similar questions including some asked SQL and basic statistics questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience when you had to work on something you're not expert of?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a client who was not tech-savvy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the best project you worked for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process was about 2 months. The tech part emphasis on SQL coding, and then each of my past experiences. The interviewers were warm, experienced, and organized that I felt I was more being matched to the position then judged. They made notes while talking with me and mentioned they'd send the notes to the recruiter for consideration on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you write certain SQL codes   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

The first round of interview involved a phone interview of 45 minutes. You will be asked few SQL questions and then few questions on your resume. Later they will move to some Business Analysis related questions like evaluating the risk of the project etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL questions involving joins, Aggregate functions and window functions   1 Answer

Application

Interview

When a recruiter reached out to me about a role, scheduling of the phone screen was pretty, quick, usually within the week. I had an interview for technical skill sets with some traditional interview questions and behavioral interview questions focused on Amazon Leadership Principles

Interview Questions

• Technical questions: Understand SQL, know how to write, know joins.   2 Answers