Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Made it through the 1st round which involved a 45-minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral and case questions. It is key to answer your questions and hint towards one of their leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a cap on Amazon sellers, what would it be and how would you measure results?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email and asked few questions like my visa status, salary expectations and also had question about the best project I worked.
    After sending all the information, another recuriter set up a phone screen interview (45 mins) with hiring manager. HM asked about lot of questions like tell me the time when you did report automation, tell me the time when you were frustrated by client etc
    After 3 days I got email from HR saying I am invited for an on-site interview to Seattle. I interviewed with 6 people, who asked almost similar questions including some asked SQL and basic statistics questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience when you had to work on something you're not expert of?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a client who was not tech-savvy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the best project you worked for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process was about 2 months. The tech part emphasis on SQL coding, and then each of my past experiences. The interviewers were warm, experienced, and organized that I felt I was more being matched to the position then judged. They made notes while talking with me and mentioned they'd send the notes to the recruiter for consideration on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you write certain SQL codes   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

When a recruiter reached out to me about a role, scheduling of the phone screen was pretty, quick, usually within the week. I had an interview for technical skill sets with some traditional interview questions and behavioral interview questions focused on Amazon Leadership Principles

Interview Questions

• Technical questions: Understand SQL, know how to write, know joins.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Like most people have already said, the Amazon hiring process is painful. I felt more like a ticket number than an actual candidate. Applied through employee referral in January, had a phone interview in February, then was finally notified I got a final round in March after I followed up with my interviewer/recruiter 4 times. Eventually, I just cancelled my final round because I got a better job offer and was tired of their unorganized process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most proud accomplishment?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

45 minute phone interview (final round) because I had already interned here before. Mostly behavioral questions and 2 case questions. No questions about SQL knowledge, 1 question about Excel knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to make a decision with incomplete information? How did you make it/what was the outcome   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you thought you would miss a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

This process wasn't brief. It started with a recruiter that steered me to a position below my qualifications, continued with four phone interviews and concluded with being flown to Seattle during a holiday week where you're given six rapid fire interviews, with a guided lunch, over 3/4ths of a day.

This transpired over two months, and ended with me being used as a benchmark to compare against internal candidates, one of whom was ultimately offered the position in question.

Some things that are worth noting:

While the recruiters are friendly and welcoming, don't expect your interviewers to be. One of the interviewers had nothing to do with the position in question and appeared to be there because his presence was compulsory. Two of them clearly had an agenda that involved ensuring another candidate was given the position, one of whom bordered on being outright rude.

None of the interviewers had more than three years of experience at Amazon, and only one had hands on experience with the application in question. While the phone interviews will be fairly informal, the in person interviews will be strictly scripted and leave you, as the candidate, relatively little room to address the fundamental question of how you can benefit the organization. You are answering largely tersely asked boilerplate questions about experience, so be prepared to respond accordingly.

Finally, you get a feel for how much people enjoy their positions based on their body language, tone/tenor and their ability to ask you actual day to day questions about challenges they face in their position; these types of conversations happened only once in the six interviews I experienced.

You will most likely be dealing with multiple recruiters over the course of the process, and that makes it difficult to have a serious discussion about compensation/relocation etc. All in all, the process is cumbersome, disorienting and disheartening and involves probably four more people than necessary, even for a company that size.

Interview Questions

• Name the most challenging/disheartening element of a prior position, and how you overcame it.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

In person with two hiring manager and adjunct manager. Simple technical questions, one coding whiteboard exercise a couple of situational questions and that was pretty much it Asked about experiences that would be relevant to the role and whether you think you can perform up to expectations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter didn't call me until the day before my interview. She told me that the role I'd applied to had been filled, so instead I would be interviewing with two additional teams.

The day after my interview, she reached out with an offer from one of those teams and we exchanged emails a few times after. But then she completely dropped off the face of the earth! Most unprofessional interview process I've ever experienced.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Total process took about 8 weeks.

2 weeks after referral I received an email requesting information such as current & desired salary, whether or not I required visa sponsorship etc.

3 weeks later phone screen took place.

2 weeks after that onsite interviews took place.

1 week after that I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Amazon Leadership Principles
      2. Past experience
      3. Lots of business cases
      4. Basic stats (significance testing, experimental design)
      5. SQL & R