Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

3.1

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. I applied on a Sunday night, got an email for a first round interview Monday morning, and had my interview that Friday. In total it consisted of 2 phone interviews, 1 for first round and then 2 back to back for the final round. Overall very straightforward process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I get the first round of interview, ask about some skills and project I did. HR told me she will arrange the second round. I emailed her every week for an update but never hear back from her....

Interview Questions

• how many years of experience do you have with data analysis   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 rounds of phone screens. First was simple phone screen, last 2 were behavioral and small case questions. No technical or sql test.

Received an offer 1 week after final round of interview. Whole process took less than a week

Interview Questions

• Explain to me why the prime student discount is a good system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was friendly interview with mainly behavioral questions and few basic SQL questions related to joints and union. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes, their was a bit delay in scheduling the phone interview as it took about 2 weeks to schedule the interview and get the phone interview done.

Interview Questions

• What are self joint and why do we use it ?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

This job is in Europe. The first call is on the behavior, the HR talk about this job and ask some behavior questions. Should made great example for your experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Made it through the 1st round which involved a 45-minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral and case questions. It is key to answer your questions and hint towards one of their leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a cap on Amazon sellers, what would it be and how would you measure results?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very fast interview process with very capable HR team. Started with Recruiter screen, two phone interviews, then five onsite interviews. Great experience - learnt more about myself in the process!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Well, I got referred by one of my friend and my resume got picked. HR reached out to me saying that he would call me and talk to me about the job role. After that I had two phone calls, one of which was purely SQL, EXCEL and few data mining related questions, and the other call was mostly data driven, behavioral, case studies. These three rounds ( including HR call) took about a month to complete. Well, thats a loooong time and I was already stressed out. But I had another offer by that time, which wanted me to start working ASAP and I did inform the HR about my situation and they fast forwarded my process. HR reached out to me on the same day I finished my third call and told me that they would call me onsite. The same week I was called to the office. Yes, they did take care of me in every which way(Hotel, transport, food and miscellaneous)

Onsite, like everybody else I was nervous but you know what? DON'T BE. The interviewers are gonna make you feel as comfortable as possible. HR had already given me the list of interviewers whom I looked up on linkedIn and had prepared myself for. The interviews over the phone are already your filter in for the company. So, you have to go beyond your capabilities to spoil the onsite interview. By which I mean, Onsite interviews are pretty chill and not really that scary. It's the same you know. They just want to know how you handle the stress because Amazon is HUGE. They have crazy loads of work and they are judging you on how calm and how can you manage yourself in a situation put like that AND that's why they have 5 to 6 back to back interview round onsite. (Behavioral, SQL, your projects, data driven, Case studies)

Don't don't forget to go through Amazon Leadership Skills, its EVERYTHING. Answer your questions through STAR methodology. Build a situation for yourself for every question asked and answer it like a story.

Trust me, people say if you know how to talk you can kill the interview but you need to have context to talk. Too much is also way too much sometimes. Answer for what is asked and don't try to outsmart the people who are interviewing. Keep calm, get yourself some water and keep drinking it. IT WORKS.

Be positive. And, All the best :)

Interview Questions

• SQL- Joins, Group by, order by, Index, Normalization, RAID. Excel - Pivot, Lookups   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, reached out by recruiter a week later, followed by 1 hour recruiter call, then another 1 hour call from HM two weeks later, then another 1 hour call from another team member a week later, followed by an onsite interview two weeks later. They offered 3 business days after onsite interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email after about 2 weeks I apply online Set up an phone interview. They asked some basic behavioral question and also one scenario question.

Interview Questions

• If a company offer to sell something way below the market price, will you take this offer and based on what reason?   1 Answer