Amazon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.1

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Made it through the 1st round which involved a 45-minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral and case questions. It is key to answer your questions and hint towards one of their leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a cap on Amazon sellers, what would it be and how would you measure results?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very fast interview process with very capable HR team. Started with Recruiter screen, two phone interviews, then five onsite interviews. Great experience - learnt more about myself in the process!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, reached out by recruiter a week later, followed by 1 hour recruiter call, then another 1 hour call from HM two weeks later, then another 1 hour call from another team member a week later, followed by an onsite interview two weeks later. They offered 3 business days after onsite interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an Amazon recruiter regarding a specific position. She asked me to complete an application and take an online video assessment/interview. I completed both. She emailed me to say she was impressed with my experience and asked me to schedule a time on her calendar (online) for a phone interview. About an hour before the interview, she emailed to reschedule due to scheduling conflicts. I never heard from her again. I consider this very rude and unprofessional. I responded to every request in a timely manner only to be blown off. Why reach out to candidates if you are going to treat them so poorly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your background and experience.   2 Answers
    • What is your current salary and what salary are you expecting?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email after about 2 weeks I apply online Set up an phone interview. They asked some basic behavioral question and also one scenario question.

Interview Questions

• If a company offer to sell something way below the market price, will you take this offer and based on what reason?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen, two technical assessments, and an on-site interview loop lasting five and a half hours, including a lunch break. The process was very smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest professional failure and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of four phone interviews. Questions were mix of behavioral questions, case questions, and opinion questions. The questions were difficult and required quick thinking. I would suggest to review most common behavioral questions and be prepared to answer any of them.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose, signed NDA.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was superbly structured:
    1st round: With Hiring manager for 1 hour. Behavioral Questions (Tell me about a time .... type questions) and SQL questions (Joins, union functions etc).
    2nd round : With a Senior BI manager. Pretty much the same structure as 1st.

I was called for onsite interviews which consists of 5 rounds back to back for an hour each.
    All of them where behavioral but all the questions were related to atleast one Amazon principle so make sure you tie your answers to them. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! Your answer HAS to be linked to one principle! At least!
    Interviewers seemed really nice an accommodating. The results of the interview process during each of the stages came out pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time kind of questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone screening interview. I was asked few behavioral questions, as well as two business cases. The second round was in the Amazon office. I met with 4 people over 3 hours and was asked a lot of behavioral questions. I had read on Glassdoor that other candidates received some basic SQL , business cases, and basic statistics questions during their final round, but I received only behavioral questions. All the interviewers were friendly and seemed excited to meet me and talk with me. If you're preparing for an interview with Amazon, I suggest that you review all their leadership principles and try to weave them into your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with someone difficult, describe a challenge you overcame, typical, predictable behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Took me around 1 month entire,First HR called,very excited about my resume .
    Schedule an interview with hiring manager,which I felt was ok,but manager was impressed and immediately called me for On-site interview just after one round.I just had 1 round of phone Interview.
    I was interviewed by total 8 people.6 back -back rounds.According to me they went well.
    But got reject.
    HR denied to give Feed back ,that,s bad than getting a reject,Because I just kept on wondering what went wrong.No technical questions,No SQL only Behavioural.
    I shared as many professional examples as I could.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioural QuestionsNot difficult which are already there on SQL   1 Answer