Amazon Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Amazon Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.1

326 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2017.

Interview

1 online coding. Then they arranged for hire on event interview with 4 people. I was quite impressed with the interviewers. Very professional and exciting. They where from 3 different groups. From Seattle and Detroit all equally bright and nice. I was offered an SDE III position within an hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I can't share the details (nda) but at the same time there were not really very specific questions (i.e. Someone walking in and asking you to solve this problem). 2 open questions ended up to coding. 2 ended up to a structure design and we discussed system architecture etc. I really enjoyed the conversations - I hope they did too. what I can suggest is make sure you know the data structures, how/when to use them and when a design question is asked imagine you are designing it as a project for yourself. Just talk out loud and listen to the feedback. Good luck.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

A brief discussion with a recruiter regarding my background and ideal position. The recruiter recommended a position for me and the interview process included an initial phone screen followed by five on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• The emphasis was approximately 50/50 between behaviour and technical questions. The questions were actually relatively easy compared to the ones I've received from other companies but my background wasn't in the areas they needed.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Terrible and unorganized.

Recruiter reached out to me regarding the role. I agreed to interview. The recruiter was scattered and unorganized. The questions had no flow, and she asked at several points, "do you have any questions? "

I pass the recruiter screen. Next step is the take-home assessment. Completed the assessment - looks good, moving on to manager phone interview.

Time to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter has a second recruiter, a recruiter's assistant I guess? It took about 10 emails to agree on a time. Recruiter 1 sends a couple time slots for the manager -> I say yes to at least 2 slots -> recruiter 2 comes back and tell me those times doesn't work, how about these ones. We finally agree on a time.

Finally, it's time - the manager calls 5 mins late for a 30 min interview, it's not the worst. Then he starts with "Do you have any questions?". He asked a couple follow-up questions on my assessment, then, in his dreamy state seems to realize he ran out of questions to ask. He returns to ask me once again "Do you have any questions?". The supposedly 30-minute interview ends in 12 minutes.

Through the last Q & A with the manager, I learn that they have extended a couple offers for the roles. They will call me back if any of the offers are declined. So that tells me - 1. they are unorganized and careless 2. they think my time is free. IF you are waiting on other candidates - fine, but call to interview me when the position is ready, and you are ready with good questions.

Very careless and not very professional throughout. Will not continue in the process and will not be applying to this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your answer for Q1, Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Had 2 online assessments,
    The first one had 2 parts: about 21 minutes and just 7 basic programming debugging questions. Part 2 was an Logical/reasoning section for 35 mins.

The second assessment consists of two components, a coding section (70 minutes) using either Java, C, or C++, and a work style survey (10 minutes). The coding assessment consisted of 2 questions which are make use of your DS and algorithm basics.

I then had the phone interview scheduled in a week.
    I was asked a couple of questions regarding BSTs and a question about adding linked lists.
    Had to code the answers on an online document.

Heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Questions about bsts and running operations on them.   1 Answer
    • Add two linked lists

Input:
        First List: 5->6->3 // represents number 563
        Second List: 8->4->2 // represents number 842
      Output
        Resultant list: 1->4->0->5 // represents number 1405   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

- Phone Screen

The phone was 1 hour long, On-site was 5-6 hours long. Interviewers were very friendly except one. I had a very good interview and assumed I cleared it. But, I got no from them which was very surprising.

Interview Questions

• I can't disclose the questions due to signed NDA, but they were about Linux, Problem Solving, DevOps(System Design), Scripting, and Networking.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First round phone interview, pretty standard systems engineer questions on common topics. The ones you would expect for this position. No trick questions/brain teasers. They are on a time constraint so it does not run overtime. The interviewer I believe is typing down your answers (his scores? maybe). Very pleasant process, didn't do well enough (fumbled my answers quite a couple times) but a pleasant experience! The hiring person (at least the one I talked to) is very nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue. No tricky, difficult questions. Just normal systems engineer stuff. For me it had areas that I'm not particularly familiar with. So definitely look up / read about areas you aren't that familiar with. Don't need complete, in-depth knowledge but definitely know the common stuff.   1 Answer

Interview

The Chennai and India TA team is very bad. They get in touch and line you up for interviews irrelevant for your experience levels or skills. When you review the job and let them know you aren't interested, you strangely end up being blacklisted for every other job on Amazon. Now if you try to search for and apply for other jobs at Amazon which interest you they provide no response whatsoever on application status and if you apply through an hiring agency all you hear is that profile is already on Amazon system and in process. An in process application just sits there as in process for months together on their job portal with conclusion on application review status

Manager of Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied on line and get 2 phone interviews. first one is general with HR discussing previous work experience. 2nd one is technical... with 2 technical personnel and technical scenarios given and was asked how to solve them.

Interview Questions

• specific technical question regarding VB.net   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online to attend their hiring event. Got an invite to attend the event on fixed date/time. During the event, I met the team of software developers and managers from various groups. It was very good and I was assured that HR will contact me for further process.

Got a call from HR 2 days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took two days that they sent me an online assessment coding challenge. the worst part was the in the instruction of the assessment they mentioned that it's two questions and after answer the first one and going to the next one I can back to the first, but it didn't happened and I lost. when I contacted to recruiter she didn't answer me at all.